Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Faith and MyWayOut

My Faith and MyWayOut
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was raised in a small congregation intolerant of drinking for any reason. As an adult, I'm a faithful member of the same denomination, different church. My faith has brought me through many trying times in my life, one of them being the death of my 25 year old son as a result of a car wreck. I had previously enjoyed the relaxation from wine at social occasions and made the mistake of turning to wine for help with relief from my grief, but I never stopped crying out to God for help. I knew He was going through my pain with me. My grief lasted two and a half years and my wine drinking was getting out of my controll. My son would have been 50 years old October of last year and I have continued my daily wine consumption. I have kept it a secret from everyone, (family, friends, & church family) except my husband who has stood by me and promised not to reveal my secret and hoping I would eventually get help somewhere. I am a functioning alcholic. I have tried several times, without success, to quit on my own and I felt full of guilt and like such a failurewhen it didn't work. AA wasn't a consideration because my secret wouldn't be a secret any more. I read my Bible regularly and have been convicted that what I was doing to myself was wrong. Recently I've been getting messages that if I don't stop my health will be affected. I'm seeing signs of that now. I drink daily, and I drink a lot. I have been praying for a miracle from God for healing from my drinking, and I think that MyWayOut just might be that miracle. The very day that by accident, I stumbled onto the program, I had cried out to God for something that would work. I believe this is where He is leading me. Eliziby

My Faith and MyWayOut

Hi Eliziby,

I too prayed to God for an answer and feel that this I was lead here. I have written in my journal more than once that I believe this program to be nothing short of a miracle!! Welcome with open arms to MWO, I believe you will find this site to be full of great kindness, support, and understanding. Let us know how we can help you to be on "Your Way Out"!!!

Donna

Comment

My Faith and MyWayOut

Thanks so much for your support. I know I'm going to continue to need it in the days ahead, and you can count on me to be there for you as well. I should get my book and cd's next week. I'm getting a little nervous about beginning. I'm really going to have to depend on the Lord for strength. Eliziby

Comment

Working...
      X