Topa seized by customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topa seized by customs

For those who don?t know what to do about getting the Topa, here?s what happened to me. I was too embarrassed to ask my dr. and and didn?t think he would prescribe something off label anyway, so ordered from an overseas pharmacy (Australia) ? VERY expensive. A few weeks later I got an official envelope from US customs saying they had seized an illegal substance addressed to me and reprimanding me. I was scared and disappointed. Finally went to the Dr., armed with the Lancet article and pages from the book. And said ?I?d like to try to cut down on drinking, have you ever heard of Topamax for that?? and handed him the article. He said ?of course, we use if for that a lot, it?s also good for migraines and losing weight but watch out for the cognitive effects? and immediately wrote me a prescription. I should have done that in the first place.

Now I?m on day 3 of 25 mg and have felt no effect yet, bad or good. Also have most of the supps and the CDs. I?m almost hoping to feel tingling in my fingers and loss of short-term memory so I?ll know the topa is working! Of course since I?m in my 60s I already have the ?where did I leave my keys?? kind of memory loss!
    Still drinking about 3 glasses of wine a night but at least not more than that, which I have often done.
    How long did it take others to feel the effects of Topa?

Topa seized by customs

My cokes started tasting nasty at about 75mg....didn't stop my from drinking them, though!

Comment

Topa seized by customs

It took me getting up to 50 mg before I got any benefit. You stay on 25 mg the first week. I wanted to go up to 50 faster to get the benefits, but you really need to stay at 25 mg that first week so your body can adjust. You will most likely start getting some side effects as you increase your dose. I was like you... no side effects, nothing one way or the other at 25 mg. The benefits will kick in soon most likely when you increase to 50 mg... hang in there!

Allie

Comment

Working...
      X