Is there any danger just stopping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have ordered my supps, book & cds and are waiting for them to arrive. By all accounts after doing my research I am a very very heavy drinker. I have heard that you can have seizures if you just stop drinking. Is this true? I am so glad I have found this website it is just wonderful. I am in Australia and I am not sure of the time zones so still feel a little out of touch and very lonely. :
    Sharyn

Hi Sharyn,

lcome MWO!!

The very best thing for you to do is to go see your doctor before starting the program. I just started on Monday and was concerned about the same thing because of the extent my drinking had progressed to. Do you have a doctor you can speak with before for beginning the program who could give you advice on how to properly detox?

Donna

Comment

Hi Sharyn.

The way I work the time zone is add 6 hours to our local time but subtract a whole day - i.e. 2pm here now Friday = 8pm there Thursday. It roughly works pretty well.

Keep hanging around - you certainly won't be lonely for long.

Comment

Hi Sharyn!
        Nice to meet you.. Tawny's got the time zone sorted way better than me.. i constantly get confused by it.:rollin

As for 'just stopping', yep that can be tough. If you talk to any standard D&A counsellor in aus, first thing they will ask is how many per day... then, from my experience, they will tell you to go to hospital or some other detox program. Some people are definitely at risk of seizure but the docs don't seem to know who.

MWO is the first program i've found to address the nutritional side of things & provide supplements to help curb cravings & reduce withdrawals etc. A lot of a long-term drinker's trouble is nutrition! Depression is a natural result of being run down too.

Might be worth discussing your details a bit more before making a decision on what's right for you? The boards are ok, but you can also ezybox me if you are worried.

Go Well,
        MFM
        Ps: look under "want to come to a party?" for other aussies & time-zone discussions + an invitation!!

Comment

Working...
        X