Alcohol Neuropathy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol Neuropathy

Just wanted to let every one Know that you can be healed of Alcohol Neuropathy. Don't believe what you read to the contary. I developed AN after alcohol withdraw on 8/30/08. I have drank high octane beer for over ten years. This last summer 15-20 beers 3-4 times a week. The withdraw came out of no where the next morning after a night of drinking. If You find yourself suffering from AN see your doctor. I take Effexor xr 75mg for the pain,
    B12 2000mcg,Benfotiamine 150 mg or B1 100 mg and Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) 200 mg
    3 times a day to rebuild the nevous system.STOP DRINKING AND DO YOUR RESEARCH . As of 11/07/08 alot of my problems were clearing up so I thought I would test it by having a few beers. DON'T TEST IT! My problems got worse then before but after a week I think I'm improving.AN is nothing to mess with your nervous controls all your bodys function so it can KILL YOU If you continue to drink. Hope this helps

Alcohol Neuropathy

Twocourage, so glad you are on the mend and taking your nutrition seriously. Have you considered lecithin (posphatidyl choline) and magnesium in that regiment? My reasearch (I'm not a doctor) has pointed to them as well as the ones you are taking.

out of curiosity, what were the symptoms you developed? what kind of pain are you getting?
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Alcohol Neuropathy

ouch,15 to 20 beers 4 times a week,i can drink 6 and im bloated,i feel like the pilsbury doe boy after tht,how could you have withdrawl,you never give your body a chance,to withdraw,and if you did you d either stroke out,or die of a heart attack,interesting thread,keep reading here youll get lots of answers,gyco

Comment

Alcohol Neuropathy

I hand unbearable buring pain in my arms,chest and numbness in my right thigh. Also constipation and impotance scarey stuff. I could'nt sleep and all I wanted to do was die. But now everything is looking up as long as I stay away from the beast. :thanks:Thanks for the aditional info.

Comment

Alcohol Neuropathy

what is that?
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Alcohol Neuropathy

Nerve damage due to long term abuse of alcohol (more then ten years)

Comment

Alcohol Neuropathy

I too have what my doctor diagnosed as "peripheral neuropathy" (bless the medical profession lingo!) I was not aware that there was medicine to help it - my left leg from the knee down plays up big time if i have a "slip" but it is only very dull when sober...however, I am going to talk to my current Gp about these options - thanks. As for the quantities of alcohol, well alcholism is such a cunning, baffling and powerful illness, when I "fall off" I drink around 3 litres of wine a day or 1.5 L vodka - not pretty. And this can last up to three weeks. Crazy, sad, horrible times and the withdrawl is indescribable, for those who haven't been there. What I do know TODAY I am sober, and I have been for a wee while now, and it is a miracle, a blessing and a dam Blast!!! Never give up trying to give up! Bless
              *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Alcohol Neuropathy

hi kap,
                it is a good thing that you have shared with us.
                thanks

Comment

Alcohol Neuropathy

G'day there Dilip. How are you going today? G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Alcohol Neuropathy

hi

hi G,
                    thanks
                    i am doing ok

dilip

Comment

Alcohol Neuropathy

gyco;468854 wrote: ouch,15 to 20 beers 4 times a week,i can drink 6 and im bloated,i feel like the pilsbury doe boy after tht,how could you have withdrawl,you never give your body a chance,to withdraw,and if you did you d either stroke out,or die of a heart attack,interesting thread,keep reading here youll get lots of answers,gyco
                      A friend of mine was drinking 24 beers a day at one stage!

Comment

Working...
                      X