ready to tell my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ready to tell my story

i have been on the site for almost a wek now - ordered my supps a few days ago - paid extra for teh RUSH delivery - just asn't gotten here yet. i hope i don't bore you to tears!

My dinking began almost 7 years ago - an off and on thing after not having ANY ETOH for 17 years, even at mass. I had quit because my husband was a navy jet pilot and involved with the beginning tail hook scandal and was having another affair (the first one was with a hooker in teh phillipines while i was 8mths prego and he gave me disease and had to have a c-section). drinking was the problem - so i quit with him. boy, when they say "if you pick it up after you have quit, it is much worse" and that is true in my life.

My husnad of 22 years had basically (litterally) told me to "go have an affair". I didnt for a long time and then I did. I was STARVED for recognition and affection. Being quite atractive - I had no prblemfinding a younger guy who said "YOU ARE THE ONE!" OMG! ME? THEE ONE???? So I took a WALK ABOUT and leanred how to drink: I was so naive I didn't even know the names OF VARIOUS THINGS : i BEGAN WITH FINE WINES AND NOW Have ended with middle of the road vodka. I found out the "ONE who couldn't live without me was gay" and I was a beautiful hood ornament of his masculinity...beating myself up for not being able to satisfy him...like my husband. i got beast implants (which I hate and did not need). as the stress mounted between teh 2 relationships i went to therapy and decided to leave my 22 year marriage and leave the young gay hunk with his problmes and begin aknew.
    i bgan aknew with a devout christian man - who has never had children and a history or train wreck relationships - but vowed fidelity. Christian? Fidelity? I DO!!! So i left my family fo rthis.
    There is a problem marrying someone with no children...they know noting of being a family and staying around...FUN is the menu of the day. He is older than I - and I really DO suspect he doesn't notice my drinking since it has escalated. We live in an exclusive area of Colorado most of the year. At first he would just leave me there in the winters...snow up to 10ft. I would forget what day it was and was stuck in this place so beautiful and -27 degrees for weeeks on end. No gardening to do - but we had satellite TV and ALCOHOL. I would loose track of the days. As I said I am a therapist and had an office in town - but some days I couldn't get plowed out to get to work. We began renting a new place in the city for the hard months - but still I was left alone. I could work ...depending on his schedule and how much I wanted to follow him around. So stability has been an issue. We are NOT wealthy and he is off riding horses in California somewher for the next 2 onths. I feel guilty for not being grateful for what i do have. No he does not fool around - but he also keeps it a tight secret of how much money there is. He gives me a small allowance to get by - like health and car insurance for both of us. I began staying in one place so i could build my practice. So that is the "why" as to how my drinking began.
    I do't know if I am being winy or expect too much - but the isolation is incredible. Even my practice is isolating - seeing only pain and not being with others. Dinking became over a slow period of time a way to comfort myself, give me confidence and to stave off unspeakable boredom in 6-10ft of snow. So I think thats it in the smallest nutshell I could find.
    El
    PS I was SO NAIVE that when asked to make a Margarita - I used VODKA! I ruined the whole mix container for the party! and wasted a whole bottle of vodka. THAT is funny!

ready to tell my story

Thanks for sharing your story Elle, I hope you get help here. It sounds like you've had a rough life.

Marcie

Comment

ready to tell my story

Hello, elle

Hi Elle,

I've been reading some of your posts. I'm pretty new here on the board, too. Sounds like you've led quite an interesting life. All that snow and cold - I live in Michigan where it is tame by comparison.

Seasonal Affective Disorder - drinking time! Sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I will be thinking of you.

Annie

Comment

ready to tell my story

I hope you are 'on the program' now, as I am confident it will help curb your appetite for alcohol. However, this may create another challenge..., that is, what to do with this new 'sober time'. There are many people who could benefit from you sharing your time with them and not just people who 'have problems.' If by chance you have never read the book of Romans in the Bible, I recommend you read 12:1-2(Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God?this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is?his good, pleasing and perfect will.) I am recommending this as it has helped me benefit from my new freedom from alcohol.

Comment

ready to tell my story

your story

i think you have had a hard time and worked well i wish everything was easy like that i knowhow bad it is i have experienced it.

Comment

ready to tell my story

Re: your story

Elle,

You are so open and honest. I admire that in you so very much. You are not so isolated now because we are here for you. Thank you for sharing your story! I'm going to write mine soon.

I would like to encourage you in building your practice, you have so much insight and wisdom to share!! I love reading your posts! Please keep us posted on how the practice building is going for you! You have so much to offer and share, and there are so many of us out here that need you!

Thank you!
            Janet

Comment

ready to tell my story

Re: your story

Dear Elle,
              I miss your posts and am lucky to have found your story.
              Hope things are going well for you now.. over the pleurisy? Please post again soon to let us know how you are?
              You are a courageous, wonderful soul.
              Love
              MFM
              ps: ezybox me if u want

Comment

Working...
              X