my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my story

I had my 1st drink at 16. I left for the military at 17 and did my fair share of drinking thru out the 4 yrs I was in. I dont know where it went from having fun, to needing it. I quit for 2 weeks but the laasy 13 yrs have been a 12 pack of beer a day habit. I am currently 37. The last few months due to stress I have not been able to stop at 12. Its creeping up to about 15 a day. I so want/need to stop, I am so scared cause I know the raod ahead is going to hard.
    Carl

my story

Carl,
    You are in the right place. If you are committed and ready to make a change for the better this program can help!

Good luck and let us know how it's going!

Marcie

Comment

my story

There are many of us out there in the exact same boat that your in!!!!!! It's a great beginning to know that you have to stop. Once you get this part over you will relize how much stress you are actully putting yourself through with just drinking. I look forward to hearing your progress.

Sassie

Comment

my story

Hi Carl,

I am struggling with the same problem I can drink a bottle of wine every night and sometimes two and I have found that I have had this problem for four years. I feel scared too and I know that the road will be hard but I have found that this support system will help at least so that we don't feel so alone.

Comment

my story

Hi Carl,

I was putting away an 18 pk a day. Today is my first day not drinking. I have been drinking for nearly 30 years. I also realized I had to quit. Yesterday of all days I was only able to put down 15, you guessed it, there are three in the fridge. I just go in there and look at them once in a while. I'm thinking about just pouring them down the drain. Let me know your progress, let's fight this demon together. I'll let you know how the three beers are going.

rem

Comment

my story

Hey Carl,
            Welcome. You have no idea what a great place you've just stumbled on to. This board is full of support. I would encourage you to read as many posts as you can -- you'll get the idea. This program really works -- I'm in with "both feet".

Gracie

Comment

my story

Carl, I'm wondering if you are "on the program" yet? It's amazing how well the Topomax reduces cravings for alcohol. I'm interested in knowing how you are doing.

Comment

Working...
              X