Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 17th Nov

IT'S A NEW WEEK!!

Firstly a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR FRIEND PERI for achieving 30 days AF!!!!!

:happy::wd::yay::banana::yougo:

We are just so damn proud of you and I know you are going to go from strength to strenght.

Love and hugs
    Dee
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Peri is a Star!

Good job Peri and keep going!!! There's no stopping you now... keen to hear your plans for month 2.

Cheers!! z aka bb

Comment

Yes, Peri, good job. You are in control of your life!
      Thanks for starting off the week, Deebs.
      Last night I had NOTHING to drink. For me, I think it is just a habit, like coffee. So to make a new brain path is my goal. Not to give it up, but to just have other things to do to relax.
      happy Monday Modders!
      Lila

Comment

I'm so happy for you Peri. A true turnaround from the day we chatted. I hope your work and life continue to brighten.

Comment

Want to say 'CONGRATS' to Peri - may do a longer post later if I get chance.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I keep forgetting I want to start posting on this thread. So "hi" everybody! And congratulations to Peri for the big 30! It's been a while since I've done that. I've done a few 7 days but nothing longer in a while.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm working in my office at home and will be off and on most of the day.

Take care,
            Be
            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Aw... thanks friends! I do see today as a huge milestone for me, it was a goal that I set for myself and one that I met.

DeeBee You have been such a blessing to me! A dear friend indeed, someone I can always count on to be there for me when I need a shoulder, a rant, or just a girl talk.

j-vo, my birthday is 2/18 so I amethyst is also my birthstone. I somehow knew you were either born in Jan or Feb [lol]. I don't tend to display my zodizc sign because I am so much on the cusp I can't identify fully with either Aquarius or Pices. I truly have traits of both.

Lila (lilac) you are doing great girl! Hang in there!

Sunbeam, very impressive on the chakra test. You are quite balanced in many ways. You are an inspiration in many ways and I am glad to know you as one of my cyber friends.

Hey Bossman... I think often about the day we chatted. Now we have a new pres elect and I have a more positive outlook on our future. I'll always think of you as my big brother, even though I'm a few months older than you. :H We are both self employed but in very different ways. My "employees" are contractors so it's really different than your employees. Your chakra test results no doubt come a lot from what is required (or at least from what you think is required) for you to successfully run your business.

Vlad, hope you can catch us up soon!

Shout out to all the other squadders and visitors!

Take care everyone, another busy day!
              Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Hey Peri, what a star girlie! I am proud of you!
                Hiya everyone, I hope you are all having a great day!!
                My day has been good. I am taking Oneys advice and boosting my self esteem. She posted a wonderful thread "How to wake up happy" and the advice is helping me immensley. I know I have alot of work to do but at least I feel hopeful and that is a great start.
                Take care all x
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

hi all
                  just checking in and reading posts. Hey Starts, I will go read 02m's post!
                  Winter is approaching, and so I am going to have to fight off SAD. I am sleepy from starting up on SJW after being off it for a few days. The side effects go away, but here they are. I want to start exercisisng, but why if I am so cold? I really just want to bundle up. So here I am, sleepy, lazy, but craving free!
                  Boss and Becoming, glad to see you on this thread!
                  Lila

Comment

Hi Lila, yep I think I get SAD too, read the post and also her last post on "Kick Marby up the arse" thread. Oh yes, the exercise thing. I have been walking and running (walking a lot running a little) but I wrap up warm with fleeces and hats and gloves, i soon get warm and feel so much better and more awake!

Comment

Lila and starting,
                      I get the SAD thing, too. The full spectrum lights help me a lot, so do supplements, esp B. I have to make myself remember it's a chemical thing. The winters up here in the northeast are so friggin' long. I need to exercise more. I keep saying it but haven't done it yet. Aarrrghhh!
                      Be

Comment

What do you take Be, is it a B complex? And the light box, are they expensive?
                        Exercise REALLY helps, trouble for me is that I always exercise in the dark as I leave before light an d get home after dark...for now.
                        Where are you Be? US?

Comment

US, the Adirondacks. It snowed a little bit this morning! Not already! Aren't I about the same as UK? I need a map.

I take the All One every morning. I take a B complex 3x a day (if I'm eating right which I'm trying to do) followed with a sublingual B12. I also just ordered L-Tryptophan as I've read how it reacts to the brain and niacin. I think it will help me. I've noticed the amino acids in the All One help me a LOT.

The light box was given to me as a gift, my brother's really cheap so it can't be too much, LOL! But even switching regular light bulbs to full spectrum helps (I did that in my office where I am most of the day).

That's awesome you exercise in the dark! Talk about diligent! Wow, you put me to shame!

Comment

No I dont really Be, I have to walk my dogs rain or shine, so I might as well enjoy it!

I also take all one, I will up my Bs. Perhaps I should take the B12 as well ( I am a vegetarian) ....
                            I will have a look at the light box.... mind you I have just been made redundant so I will be able to get out in the day soon.....every cloud has a silver lining they say..lol

Comment

Hi modders! Peri - another congrats on your 30! You sound very upbeat and you should - you deserve it!

And Lila, Startingover and Becoming, I had such a depressing day. I was tired and cold all day long at work. It seems as though it just kicked me in the ass today (or is it arse?) I was cranky, cranky, cranky. I kept saying to myself that I'd just get through today and I'd call in sick tomorrow. By the end of the day, I thought, well maybe I can get through tomorrow also. I pushed myself like I've been pushing myself to stay away from the alcohol and I made it through the struggling hours. SAD has affected me for many years. So I feel your pain ladies! Yes, let's keep up the exercise.
                              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                              X