Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.

Hi guys
    I'm female22, 22 year old woman, and I have a drinking problem. Its really hard even writing this, I've never really admitted to having a problem before...
    I thought this site would be ideal for me as it deals with cravings head on, and provides solutions to what can be done to chemically reduce the cravings. I'm not really interested in taking medication, I take enough of that already, but I'm sure I'll be able to find information on here about what food I can eat to reduce cravings and stuff.
    I started drinking when I was 15, and liked it straight away. I loved what it did to me esecially. I guess it developed into a problem when I was about 17, when I'd get cravings and go in search of drink.

Its got so bad that I steal alcohol from my flatmates and parents' sometimes... I just hope that being on here will provide me with what I need to stand up this problem and battle it.

Hi.

hi

hi,

i am an unknown writter and i know that you are suffering through so much stress now that you are pregnant and all. you feel that the only way to reduce all of you stress is to start drinking. my solution to your problem is to pick up the bible and let the lord into your life. i know this is hard for you and everything but i know that god can really change lives for people who just open the doors and let him come in to your life. God doesn't want to be an enemy but, only just a friend because although our problems are different i was going through so much this year and finally i decided to let God into my life because i wasn't afraid of him anymore. i was on the virge of killing myself and taking everyone with me that hurt me in my life but, i decided to let the hands of the lord come in and restore what everyone had taken away. let me tell you all you have to do is tell God that you are a sinner and tell him to forgive you for all your drinking problems and let him come into your life. invite him into your life and ask him to heal every carving that you have.

Comment

Hi.

Re: hi

Hi female22...
      Welcome, and know that you are safe here. You are doing well to realize at such a young age that you have a real problem with this, and be encouraged that you can enjoy the majority of your life free of this! There are so many new people on here... even as of today. I think as you read the posts, you will begin to feel like family.

I also wanted to respond to what the last person wrote, in that I think that is all well and good, but I think a vast majority of us here have a particular faith that we draw much strength from. I too, happen to be a christian, and thus have carried a lot of guilt for not "just letting go and letting God." I have much strength in my faith in God, but that does not mean we dont still really struggle. Anyone who has read their Bible will soon discover that some of the greatest heroes of the faith.... David for one, made some of the hugests mistakes! Even in the midst of their serving God. And yet, God showed mercy and called David " a man after his own heart." This shows me that God is a merciful God, and I believe through him their is the strength to overcome. But does that make it easy? No. I also believe God provides many tools for us to use, as well as relationships... these are all things He has made available to us. So I am using them all. I would never assume that just because you have this struggle, that you are not a person of faith.

Please continue to post and read the others posts as I said earlier... there are many good threads that you will gain strength from. They will make you laugh and cry. But I think the biggest thing that has helped me, is to not be alone in this anymore.

All the best!
      Allie

Comment

Hi.

hi female22!
        Welcome aboard!
        As Allie said, there are many tools that this program offers for you to try. If you are not comfortable with medication or prescriptions, try reading the book, try the hypno, talk to your doctor, maybe try some herbal supplements, if you are more comfortable with that. Above all, use the support here to help you help yourself through this! You are young and have so much to live for! I applaud you and admire you for admitting to having a problem at such a young age. For many of us, it takes much longer!
        As for the first respondant, this individual stated something about a pregnancy? I did not see that in your post. Did I miss something? Did you perhaps post that elsewhere? If you are, indeed pregnant, you are not alone with that either. Search this site, and you will find many others with the same concerns, questions, fears, and thoughts.
        Pregnant or not, if you are making an effort to control your drinking, you have found an amazing place.
        Welcome, and congratulations on your first step!
        good luck,
        Becca

Comment

Hi.

Welcome female22,

Hang in there - you've taken your first step. Keep reading and writing and we'll try to look after you. Bet the flatmates are crapped that you're stealing their booze! (I used to steal my dad's)

To unknown unregistered

Thank you for your contribution. What's with the pregnancy? Please consider that the Lord just doesn't cut it for some people. Glad you found him and I wish you well.

Tawny

Comment

Working...
          X