JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

First heat a little bit of oil in a fry pan, sprinkle adobo on roast and brown quickly on all sides.
    In the crock pot mix soups, a can of water, the boulion, the worc sauce, bayleaf and garlic.
    Add roast and coat with the "sauce".
    Cook 7-8 hours on low.
    Makes lots of gravy for mashed potatoes. Candied carrots is a great side to go with this.
    Enjoy.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

I have a question. What is adobo??
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

I'm guessing it's peppers in adobo sauce or another type of adobo sauce.

It is a smokey, peppery red sauce....it is the best!! I can only guess what it would do for pot roast!!
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

Sounds like some great cold weather comfort food! Yum!
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

Adobo is a dry seasoning...I believe it is made by "Goya".
          :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

LVT25

Thanks for moving my recipe to a thread....I love to cook. If you make it please let me know how you like it.

:thanks:

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

Goya Products

Use they yellow bottle

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

Thanks for the link, JAMMS. I have never seen nor heard of that seasoning. If I can't find it here, I may have to improvise. I will let you know how it turns out. I do my roasts (and other stuff) a lot in the crock pot. The other day, I threw a pork loin and a can of chicken broth in the crock pot all afternoon and evening and MMMMM--MMMMM good!!:h

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

I will have to stop at the Latino grocery store and see if they have the Goya adobo seasoning, sounds like it would be something I would like to use. If only they sold salad cream in the states....
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

I have just bought a slow cooker, one that can also be used on the hob. But....i am short on recipes! those suggested sound great but if anymore could be forthcoming it'd be wonderfull! i like the idea of spending a bit of time in the morning and then letting it take care of itself....x

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

What is salad cream?

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

It is the UK version of miracle whip....but better than miracle whip (much better)

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

I was thinking that that was probably what it was. I don't like Miracle Whip anyway; I am a Hellmann's mayonnaise girl (which I have heard from famous French chefs is not available in Europe?) And LOVE homemade aioli if there's time!

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

bump for DILL

Comment

JAMMS' Killer Pot Roast

I finally broke down and bought a roast so I could make this. I did not have any adobo, so used a little different seasoning--but it was delish! The gravy was yummy!!! :thanks:

Comment

Working...
                              X