Meggie's story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meggie's story

I'm 22 years old and i've been drinking since i was 14. It would only be every once in a while back then but then a few days after my 15th birthday my mom died and everything got really bad. I started drinking ALOT of gin and i'd have a shot or two before i went to school. I also started smoking. About a year later I found out that I had borderline personality disorder and things just kept getting worse. I can never remember a time I drank for social purposes, it was always to get drunk. I never drank beer or wine it was always vodka or gin. I graduated with poor marks because by then i was getting wasted every night, and i decided not to go to college. I still drink that much, ive tried stopping a few times but I get really shaky and I crave it. I've found this great guy but he really doesn't like how much i drink and he wants me to stop. so i really want to. for him, but mostly for myself. So i'm going to try and see what happens.

-Meg

Meggie's story

Hi Meg!
    Post here often, check in often. We are here to support you and hope you will do the same for us sometimes! That's what it's all about. Hardest part is getting started (believe me, I just did). Order the book, get your supplements, order the cd's, make a dr. appt.
    Best of luck to you.
    You have a lot of life worth living ahead of you!!!
    Becca

Comment

Meggie's story

Meggie's Story

Hi Meggie,
      Glad you found these boards. Keep in touch.. I know you can do it.
      When I was about 17 i had a friend who's life was a lot like yours. When I met her we were at a party, smashed, and she had a broken collarbone from her boyfriend. We became good mates and I persuaded her to leave him.. and in the process discovered she was only 14. Over the years we kept in touch.. I last saw her she was 22 and had been living without alchol for 2 years and was in a happy relationship with a happy life.
      I'm still strugglnig with the booze myself, but hey.. my point is that if you want to, you can have the kind of life you deserve. It's a challenge, but everyone here is sharing. So best of luck to you!! Keep on checking in and talking. There are heaps of great supportive friends to be made here. For some instant inspiration I reccomend you go to the 'General Discussion' board and look at 'Tell me about moderation'
      Love
      MFM

Comment

Meggie's story

Re: Meggie's Story

Meggie,
        Good for you taking this step! Rebecca and MFM are right -- you'll get a lot of support here and this program is great. Keep in mind that drinking "evolves" over the years, and takes more and more control of over you. (It took me a lot longer to learn that). You're young and have so many wonderful years ahead of you. Welcome!!

Grace

Comment

Meggie's story

day 1

wow, thank you guys so much for being so supportive.
          I started today, and so far it's not too bad, but it's only day one. I know it'll get alot harder in the future, but im not going to give in easily. I'm so glad i found this place!

Comment

Meggie's story

Re: day 1

r life and the life you see your friends living around you desreves much more than this. Don't get caught in the trap at this young age.

take good care

Yvonne

Comment

Meggie's story

Day 1

Good on you Meg for getting started..
              I'm still waiting for supps etc.. but looking forward to starting soon I hope.
              Keep in touch.. you can do it!!
              MFM

Comment

Working...
              X