Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im glad I have found you people

Hi to everyone who have posted on this site
    I am a 37 years old woman and married with six children and have been drinking as long as i can remember I have always drank to get drunk and have tried numerious other drugs along the way but now I smoke dope and drink in abundance. I have many shamefull moments in my life and many I dont remember. I found this site yesterday and have been reading ever since. I tried to download the book today but they dont accept amex cards so I will have to find another way. I am a little bit scared of taking the topamax as I have been into rehab twice and they put me on allsort of prescription drugs and I lost it big time I am now currently not takeing any medication but still drinking and would like to stop but also havethe pull that I want to drink but I no it just doesnt work for me but I am finding it hard to put down. as I said before I have six children and its getting harder as my eldist is 14 going on 15 and my next is 12 going on 13 the other children are 8, 6,and 14 week old twins so I would like to be around for them and be able to be a good mother to them. My husband is very loving and suporting but he doesnt understand this disease not that I exspect him to as I dont either. well thanks for being here and hope to chat with you all soon
    Sian

Hi sian,

I'm so glad you found the MWO site also. If you want to change the relationship you now have with mind-altering substances, just know one thing: YOU CAN. No matter how overwhelming it might seem right now, it can be done, and the fact that you have searched for a place to help you do that means that you possess the most important of all attributes in achieving that goal: the DESIRE to do so. Browse through the hundreds of posts on MWO; most of the information one needs to embark on the program is contained within. If there are particular posts that speak to your heart, send that individual an email and I can almost guarantee a sincere and honest response. (You'll have to register on EZBoard, but that is free and self-explanatory).
    Above all, don't give up. We are all struggling with the same problem, which is why this board can and does provide such wisdom, comfort and support. Take care of yourself today, and please do come back. You can do this.

Best, Kate

Comment

welcome

Hi Sian, glad your'e here. I can't even imagine 6 kids! I thought 3 dogs, a cat, & a hubby, was a handful!
      My hat's off to you, all of 'em... & I have quite a collection...
      Don't have much to say today,(first time for everything!)lol , other than welcome.
      These boards are awsome, you'll meet some great people here. Hugs & Prayers, Judie

Comment

Welcome Sian

Hi Sian,
        Glad you came aboard. You can purchase the book at Amazon.com. They take Amerex. I, too, always drank for the effect only. Period. Hated the taste! Keep reading and posting. It really helps! You are a very busy mom, so hopefully this online forum will suit you well. Welcome again and look forward to getting to know you! Gina

Comment

thanks for your support

hello to Kate,st Jude,and Gina thank you for your responce and I amgoing to give this another try and I hope with the support of everyone here I will do this. Once again thank Sian

Comment

Re: thanks for your support

Hi Sian Welcome;

Coming to the board will help..Every time I feel I am overwhelmed I get piece of mind by being here...

Brandy

Comment

thanks for your support

Hi Sian,
              Welcome to you.. I have 3 kids (5, 7 & 12) and have often been driven literally to "distraction" with drink & drugs. Don't feel bad that you have this trouble.. you have a huge load to carry and a lot of stress. I found when the kids were really little it's really tough with lack of sleep etc... but you've got both ends of the spectrum, babes & teenagers & everything inbetween... Man I know what you are going through. Please keep in touch. You'll find a lot of understanding, love, laughter and support here. I'm sure you are truly one of the STRONGEST people on this planet and having coped with everything for so long only proves it. So give yourself credit for all your hard work and holding your family together. Like so many other women it sounds to me like you're holding it all together for everyone but finding no time for yourself. I used to think of drinking as a way of 'giving' to myself. So sad. I'm just beginning to try to find new ways of being kind to myself. It's hard work!!
              Talking things out here, hopefully we are all finding new ways.. day by day.
              Keep in Touch.
              Love
              MFM

Comment

Re: thanks for your support

sian, i thought i had it tough with 4 kids! i applaud you! it is bloody hard! but hopefully it'l get better!

Comment

Working...
                X