THE DEPRESSION THING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE DEPRESSION THING

1st post, glad to have found this site...question is about drinking in the morning, it gets me going and able or ready for work, my job is temporary through the tax season, tried coffee and it doesn't work the same as one strong drink, i stay busy at work, don't think about alcohol, but ready for one when i get home, So just wondering about the depression in the a.m, i'm not a morning person so i get up about 6 am to get to work at 9 and do my shower, hair, nail, blah , blah in the evening, i am reved up after one or 2 strong drinks, i have read alot about vitamins and etc. and had looked into 7 Weeks to getting Sober, the way alcohol is broken down as far as energy, it's just fast,,i don't go back 2 work until the 4th of Jan. so ,,today just felt so sorry for myself and laid on the couch and i actually did sleep alot, it would be so....helpful 4 me about just how to get my buns outta bed(couch) and do something, whining/crying does'nt help, but i finally rolled off the couch at 4 pm and walked about 2 miles with layed clothing and griped about that(the cold), i feel like i am ungrateful for what i do have. family mostly, ran off most of friends, kids...this was not to be a depressing post ,,,just that if I know i have something to drink.. i can jump outta bed/couch....kathy j

THE DEPRESSION THING

re: the depression thing

Hi Kathy! I am newly sober for the thousandth time (16 days) and am glad too to have found this site. I too fall into a pit of despair when drinking. When I'm in it, it seems impossible to find a solution. You are taking positive steps towards finding help. I am choosing abstinence because my history of severe "lows" in my affect and because of my relapse pattern. I am on Campral and have definitely noticed a subtle change in my desire to drink. I think about drinking, out of habit, but don't feel the obsession that normally accompanies it. It scares me because I worry I'm only experiencing the "pink cloud" effect right now. My sleep pattern has improved dramatically since starting the Campral. It doesn't make me sleepy during the day, but I am sleeping more sound at night. It astounds me! I had been dependent on sleeping pills for the past 2 years! I am at a stage in my life where I need to surrender and be "willing" to do whatever it takes to conquer this demon. Have you read thru this site? Lots of interesting info. I'm trying to make this my obsession for now. Exercise, especially in the am helps me a lot. Writing down feelings in a journal is also a good outlet. I'm trying to live in the moment and not get too far ahead of myself. The "one day at a time" saying has an important place in my head these days. I received the book and cd's yesterday and am giving it a go. You have a purpose and you are worth a better life. Stay in touch. Gina

Comment

THE DEPRESSION THING

Re: re: the depression thing

Thanks and congrats on 16 days. I do notice a difference when i excercise, usually talking a long walk for me. I'm going to try some vitamins but not sure exactly which. I had another book Seven Weeks to Sobriety which I liked, but willing to try this program. I am on my millioneth try!!

Kathy

Comment

THE DEPRESSION THING

the depression thing

Hi Kathy,
        Hope you're going Ok.
        I just thought I might offer a suggestion on the depression thing as I too suffer from depression.
        I read an article, did some research and started to change my diet. It has helped heaps. Can't be sure whether the diet did it or whether it was just a natural end to the depression cycle or whatever. But thought I'd put my idea to you.
        I read the info on this site about "leaky gut" and researched diet to cure leaky gut on the internet. Then I read about someone who started taking a mixture of flax, hemp, evening primrose, pumpkin and sesame oils and cured herself of a chronic disease.
        I think alchol is a chronic disease. So I followed the advice of both articles. I cut out of my diet all the things that cause 'leaky gut' except alchol (i'm not that clever yet) and I started taking the oils about a spoonful of each 2-3 times a day. Only after a week I feel HEAPS BETTER!! I will keep it up and see what happens.
        Let me know how you're going.
        Regards,
        MFM

Comment

Working...
        X