day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 1

I have been visiting this sight for the last couple of days.I do beleive I can stop drinking with a little help.My story is pathetic,I've hidden 3-4 bottles in my house at one time,knowing that if one is found I'll always have more.I have gotten to the point where I wake up in the middle of the night to have a couple shots to help me pass out again. Ican't even carry a bowl of soup for my grandson with out shaking. I have 2 wonderful daughters that want to help me,and a husband that will support me.Abrand new grand daughter and a very understanding grandson who is 5.
    I work out of my home,and have been passed out when workers have come.I just don't know how I let it get to this point?I have been looking for help for a while,then I found you people.I told my husband last night that I am going to do it,I've lost 25lbs in the past year due to my drinking,I am skin and bone.I don't eat all I want to do is drink.The shaking is just about uncontrolable,and I feel like I have to vomit every morning but nothing comes out.I really want to quit drinking for my health and my family.Iknow they truley love me and I love them back.I'm going on so I'll just stop now. DAY 1

day 1

wpgwonder:

Welcome and thanks for posting your story. You may find some additional support by reviewing some of the past discussion threads to find there are many people here who have done similar things (e.g. read the one on hiding alcohol). Having a supportive family, in particular your husband, is going to be a great asset for you in your recovery. The first reaction I had in reading your story was perhaps you could really benefit from getting a physician involved early. I haven't been coming here long, but have found tremendous support by visiting this site and reading the discussions from others. There are some terrific people, very willing to offer their perspective. You've taken the first step and admitted your problem and have been honest with your husband too. Good for you. You can do this, you really can!! I have found, I can't wait to come to this site to see what's new and read some more stories. It really helps! Hang in there.

Gracie

Gracie

Comment

day 1

THank You Gracie,
      I made it through day 1.Working on day 2.I think with the help of this sight I just may have a chance.I don't think I'm ready yet to go see a physician.

I really could not believe there are so many people like me out in the world.I don't know why but I had thought that I was one of a handful of women that drank out of control.It's a good feeling to know there is hope and help.

THANK YOU,THANK YOU
      wpgwonder

Comment

day 1

Way to go WP! Day 2, that is wonderful...How are you feeling, with the shaking...? You mentioned that in you story. Please take care of yourself and try and make sure you eat something even if it is crackers or a piece of fruit.

I am 38, stay at home mom and have drank for 15+ years...I also thought I was the only one....There are many of us woman out here with this problem. Way more than any of us ever thought until we found this site. I look forward to getting to know you.

Take care, you will be in my thoughts today.
        ~Tammie

Comment

day 1

wpgwonder;

Welcome to the board..You're not alone.

I had the shakes for a few weeks after the initial start of my recovery, it goes away, just not fast enough...

Brandy

Comment

day 1

There's so many of us it's scary! I also had no idea until I found MYO. It's weird, but knowing that there are so many of us that are alike gives me so much strength to keep fighting to control my drinking. It's like I don't want to let you guys down! Whatever works, right?

Jane.

Comment

day 1

day1

So glad you posted for help. Congratulations for making it through day1. This is a good place to come for support. I agree with the others - I think as women, especially as mothers, it's a much bigger stigma to admit our problems and reach for help (ladies don't become drunks, Moms aren't alcoholics, the dad maybe, not the mom or grandma)

I'm just concerned about your weight loss over the last year. Has anything changed in the last year eating wise to cause it? That's quite dramatic and maybe an underlying symptom of something else - I am not a medical person, so take this advice for what it's worth.
              Maybe it is time to see a doctor. I wish you lots of health and good luck with this - Keep posting.

Comment

day 1

day 1

Welcome wpgwonder,

Glad you found us; you're so right about how lonely we feel, especially as women. There is a particular stigma attached to women who have a drinking problem - we are the world's caretaker's, after all! - and is one of the reasons why women often wait until later than men do to ask for help. Take care of your health and best of luck to you.

Kate

Comment

day 1

Thank you all for your kind words of wisdom and thoughts.It realy does help.I am sooo glad I found MWO.
                  Yes I have seen a doctor for my weight loss,have gone for numerous tests.She hasn't found anything wrong with me.She says it has to be change of life,some people gain weight others lose.
                  Sunday morning I woke up (I work in a store one day a week to get out of the house)anyway I woke up put on my makeup.I acually found my eyelashes to put my mascara on,
                  it wasn't all over my eyebrows,eyeliner was straight and nail polish was on my nails.the people at work said I looked happy, they said I looked really sad the week before.
                  It's amazing what 4days and nights sober does for a person(just 4).Don't get me wrong I have the cravings(bad sometimes) so far I'm fighting it.I still wake up in the middle of the night wanting that drink,instead of vodka I have a bottle of water.
                  My husband also has not had a drink in as many days.I did not ask him to join me and I'm sure he will have his drinks but for now I think he's not for my sake.
                  Shakes seem to be gone for now and no more dry heaving.
                  So now I'm starting day 5.Good luck to me and all of you greater than great people out there.

wpg wonder

Comment

day 1

wow

Dear Wgpwonder,
                    Wow! You give me such hope!
                    I am so glad you are doing so well and will be keeping in touch with your posts.
                    Love & More Power to You!!
                    God Bless,
                    MFM

Comment

Working...
                    X