So Here We Are,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Here We Are,

At the end of the initial phase of the program. Mid-November was the magical time my hubby asked me to wait until, until things got better and life turned around.
    Well, next week it is Thanksgiving in the US and minus a couple of hick-ups or steps back we MADE it.
    I must admit I was very doubtful, but I am pleasantly surprised at the results. We went from the end of the world and the end of our relationship to a promising future together.
    I know this is not all good and all better, I know there will be times when things will be difficult, but also know they will be shorter and less painful.
    For all of you who are Waiting for your loved one to find their way, I wanted to share my hubby's success. In the past 7 weeks he went back once to his vodka. It is 7 weeks more than he ever did in 14 years. I am hanging in there.. you hang in there also.
    Best of luck.

So Here We Are,

Thank you.. the only thing we will high on will be each other and food

Comment

So Here We Are,

Oh waiting, that is inspirational! I am so pleased for both of you...
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

So Here We Are,

I am sleeping, I am not crying, I am not screaming, I am only looking for that hidden bottle twice a week, not twice a day (I am not perfect yet)
        I am in my own recovery path to find internal peace. I say "bring it on life and AL" I am stronger now, I can beat you. sh.. I am crying again.

Comment

So Here We Are,

Hey, sometimes crying is good....it gets it all out.
          You are doing so well. I dont think I would have had your patience and courage to deal with anything like this
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

So Here We Are,

It was like living in a movie for the past 3 years. Nothing seemed real, I can't ever remember all the dates and places, just the events in great detail.
            I could not have made this far with all the help I found here. It is my Oasis.

Comment

So Here We Are,

I'm so happy for you guys, waiting!! :l :h
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

So Here We Are,

Great news.

I know this might be hard to hear. But if there is a slide-back, it's not about you personally.

Comment

So Here We Are,

What wonderful news Waiting!
                  You have been detremental to hubby's recovery, I hope you both have a awesome Thanksgiving together.
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

So Here We Are,

Thanks for that Waiting...
                    You have both done very well so far and I hope that you can make it.
                    Good luck.

Comment

So Here We Are,

Waiting, I am so happy for you. Enjoy your special Thanksgiving together - you really do have reason to give thanks....
                      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

So Here We Are,

Waiting that is great news, 7 weeks is a real achievment. Well done to you and your husband. I have read your posts and you have given me inspiration to carry on with my journey.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving you derserve it

Love

Wish xx

Comment

So Here We Are,

not tht my spouse would be interested in this forum,but congrats,i wish you both well,one of the greatest things of recoevery is we , or i begin to understand my illness,my wife like you,has been a rock in hour relationship,great thread and i wish you both well, gyco ps it does get briter, i was the designated driver last nt from the party,neat eh

Comment

So Here We Are,

Waiting...that's awesome! Your story has been an inspiration for me (a family member) and my Mom (copper).

Gyco...designated driver huh? That's great! I think it is very cool that you were able to fill that role - congrats!

Comment

So Here We Are,

I just got back on the site and found all your wishes, thank you so much. Thanksgiving was nice and quiet and cold, just the way we wanted it.
                              BUT, here comes that BUT... This week has not been so great, found another little bottle hidden with vodka. There is no why or reason, just because. He tells me not to make a big deal out of it.. oh sure, easy for him to say. it is easier to sweep the event under the rug rather than dealing with what happened.
                              Today I am very angry and I feel like just giving up on everything, . I am sorry, but I am just so tired of giving one more chance again and again.
                              Taking deep breaths and hoping we get back on track.

Comment

Working...
                              X