Gardener 56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gardener 56

My father was a full time alcoholic. He joined AA in his mid 40's and was more or less sober but died at 60 from life-style (smoking and morbid obesity).
    I probably drank too much from college on but my job was the killer. I travelled about 250,000 miles a year and crossed 3 time zones most weeks for over 20 years. Vodka was my sleep tonic. Fortunately I stopped this manic travel 3 years ago but the drinking didn't stop.
    On June 5, 2005 at 2 am I woke up and realized that I was killing myself with vodka. For the rest of the night I had a serious talk with myself about how that HAD to change. The next day I stopped drinking hard booze except on special occasions such as the Friday night martini that my husband and I have to celebrate the weekend -- and that is always one. But still I was drinking too much wine.
    In August I read about MWO and decided to look into it when we got back from our vacation in the fall.
    On Jan. 2 I ordered my topa offshore and my supplements. Then I told my husband. That was most scary because there was no going back. As expected he was, and has been, supportive in every way.
    I have been truly surpised how my desire for alcohol has diminished. This week my husband is on a busness trip so I have decided to opt for abstinence since my schedule will be different. So far so good.
    I am so grateful to find a group a people who have been there-- hiding the bottles, falling down, trying to reconstruct the previous evening from the physical eveidence and even Roberta had never traveled without her vodka bottle.
    My goal is moderation. So my next hurdle is figuring out what that is and how to stick to it.
    Thanks to you all.

Gardener 56

Gardener 56,
    Good for you for all the steps you have already taken with this program. I am on 2 weeks and I'm getting so much out of it -- can't believe it at times, but it's working. I think you'll find this to be a very supportive group. Plus as someone recently pointed out, having RJ and Dr. Garcia here to guide us, we are in great hands. My goal is also moderation and I believe many here have proven it is an attainable goal. Glad you found the program and welcome!

Gracie

Comment

Gardener 56

Thanks for the words of support Gracie. Do you know if there is any forum here to talk about the moderation route?

Comment

Gardener 56

Hi Garnener 56,
        Sorry I didn't get back, just returning from a trip. No, I haven't seen any discussions threads specifically for moderation, but we can certainly start one!

Gracie

Comment

Working...
        X