TONING IT DOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TONING IT DOWN

I have ordered the book and started with this site becauses I feel that my drinking is getting too much. I am a very repected chef and very successful. Wife and wonderful son of 4 years old. I am very happy with my marriage and I am not told of a drinking problem because it is part of my lifestlye. I do not want to stop drinking but want to bring it down to a special occasion and not an everyday type deal. I like this site because I do not feel I am jepordizing my carrer, marriage or family with my excessive drinking just health. I have to stop living with everyday could be you last type attitude. I find that I drink from having too much time on my hands (I am building a new restaurant) I feel once I open it then I will be fine again but this is a cycle I have gone through since I was 18. Now forty I think it is time not to go through those cycles

I hope there are more of you out there

TONING IT DOWN

Hi there, Onefatchef, We'd probably throw food @ each other if we ever got the chance... I've been known to be the "the waitress from hell" for the past 30 yrs! And probably will be again! Currently taking time off from that line of work, to get away from the alcohol & "after work" syndrom. I do miss the "tail pullin'" & socializing, not to mention the cash flow
    I've had many an employer say they coudn't believe the things I'd say to people, & they'd still tip me!! Guess there's a fine line between charm & beligerant... Anyhow, Just wanted to say Hi! and Welcome Aboard
    PS Being a chef, I'm sure you know the diff. between med. & rare? About 7 inches. Hugs Judie

Comment

TONING IT DOWN

thanks

thanks. See I tend to drink less when working my butt off. I have never been one to really socialize after work like now while I am building and not working (phyically) I tend to party fairly hard. Plus the weight thing. Drinking is just unwanted calories. then the pounds pack on. I feel that drinking will always be part of my lifestyle, I always thought as I got older I would slow down, while I have a little bit I don't think it is near enough

thanks

Comment

TONING IT DOWN

Re: thanks

Yeah , for some some reason the bottom of the glass, or bottle or can,...always tastes like more, to me don't get me started! Guess it runs in the familly, always the life of the party, almost like it's expected of some of us, and aren't we oh so happy to oblige! Do you have an "evil twin" too? Never met mine, just heard about her, doesn't sound too pleasant... Hugs Judie

Comment

TONING IT DOWN

twin

Nope no evil twin! People say I am even crazier when I don't drink. People say they can't tell if I am drinking or sober, my mood or personallity never changes. Believe I do get wasted! Drinking has always been a reward at the end of a 12 to 20 hour day and now while I am in building mode it is like well I am going to be busting my ass in 2 months ...back to the ole grind so I am going to enjoy right now. I want to enjoy drinking not need it as a way to plan a day. When I am off. It is just hard to imagine a day off without drinking. I have always said what do people who don't drink do on vacation? I for one can't imagine being on vacation without finding a great restaurant or bar to visit. I mean I do all the sights and fun things to do but I always have the drinking thing on the back of my mind. by the way my ex wife's evil twin was zelda...heh

Comment

TONING IT DOWN

Re: twin

Well amazingly, my Hubby met my Evil Twin & married me anyway, guess he's the real "Saint" here! Gotta' love him.!
            Hope my warped sense of humor doesn't spook you, just a survival skill from way back...Nice to meet you Chef. Hugs & Prayers...Judie , I swear, I don't type that well to start w/ but this Topa sh.. is f n w/ me ! lol

Comment

TONING IT DOWN

spook

Nah I like your sense of humor. what is the thing that is fu.king with your head is it the stuff to make you hate drinking?

Comment

TONING IT DOWN

Re: spook

Howdy Chef , The stuff I'm refering to is the Topamax. Also known as Topopiramate(sp?). It's maki'n me feel incredibly stupid... I can usually spell, & it's taking me 3 or 4 times to type the same word. I've even gotten out the the dictionary for one syllable words today... that scares me... I don't think I've ever done that after a 12 pk, at least I didn't care to!lol Kinda feelin' like a human "guinee pig" right now....stick a fork in me !!! Hugs Judie

Comment

Working...
                X