Just getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just getting started

I don't really know where to start. I am 28 and I have really found myself drinking more and more to the point I don't' remember the the next morning. I feel like I am loosing control of my life.
    I am kind of a single mother, my hubby has been on the road for the last three years, and we only see him about once a month if that and only for a few days and then he's out. I really started drinking to deal with this. When he first started I could not sleep and I found having a couple of drinks made it easier to sleep, but I never got to the point of being drunk,
    Last summer we split up and he started working on the other side of the country and after a few months I came here to see him and we got back together and I moved here. Shortly after I moved here to be closer to him and to try to put my family back together and he is now working from where I just moved from.
    Being on my own so much has been a real challenge, I am a stay at home mom (but I do work on our biz) and I really don't get out. I have been drinking so much and I know it's really starting to effect my son.
    I know it's wrong, and I just don't seem to be able to stop myself, sometimes having a drink is almost the first thing on my mind, and I know I have to change it!!!!!!!! I do stupid stuff that could really put me in harms way if I am not careful. So today (after not remembering much of last night) I have decided to take my life back. But I am not sure how to really do it.

Just getting started

Sassie,
    You're in the right place! If you read the board, all of us are in the same place, drinking more than were comfortable with and its causing problems. I feel for you, its got to be very hard with your hubby gone all the time plus moving to a new place. You will find a couple other people on this board who have similiar situations. First of all I would recommend downloading or ordering the My Way Out book, and starting the program. Read and post often, it's a great group to be a part of.

Marcie

Comment

Just getting started

Sassie,

I too have a hubby gone alot and am a stay at home mom of 2. Love it but it gives me way too much time, to much time to drink.... We have been married for 15 years, almost 16 this Feb. and we have lived in 4 different towns and 3 different states.

Welcome to the site. You are not alone. This program has done wonders for me. I hope it helps you also for whatever you are wanting and hoping from it.

Wishing you peace and prayers,
      Tammie

Comment

Just getting started

Thank you both so much for the welcome. I have tried so many times to stop drinking but never works. I am really looking forward to getting sober and being a better wife and mother.

Comment

Just getting started

re: Just getting started

Hey Sassie - This is a great place to come to when you feel like you need a little support - And also when you are procrastinating folding laundry like I am now!

Seriously, there are some good folks on here and we just want to be in control of our lives again. Enjoy the posts and I hope to hear from you again about your progress. I also would suggest getting the book and really get to understand the program. Everyone is here to help.

Jane

Comment

Just getting started

Sassie

Hi Sassie

I think it's great that you're trying to quit but I read between the lines that your are blaming your drinking, and yourself, for your husband staying away. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

If I'm right, there could be loads of reasons for his decision, which have nothing to do with your drinking. If your husband is away all the time, is he aware of your problem?

Please don't get me wrong on this. I believe that you do have a drinking problem that needs attention.

But perhaps there are other things happening in your relationship which lead you to drink.

Let me know if I am on the wrong track.

Rosemary

Comment

Just getting started

Sassie;

Welcome! Let us know however we can help.

You're not alone..Marcie, Tammie and Jane gave heartfelt responses, read and re-read, you'll know that you are welcome and not judged here..

Brandy

Comment

Working...
              X