back again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back again...

Hello all, I've not been here for a long time - reviewing my goals for the year from 1 Jan - lose weight, take up new hobbies, build self esteem, get a new job, stop smoking and control drinking.

Well, some of it has worked out - been to dance classes and am going snow boarding for first time ever, saw a personal trainer regularly to correct a back injury and got back into gym(when not hungover) have done an online cognitive behavioral therapy course with success but still working on it, got a new job (2 in fact, now covering boss' maternity only been there 6 months HUUUGE learning curve causes lots of anxiety which i try to manage with CBT positive thinking)

I've lost half a stone in a year and mostly stopped smoking - had also got alcohol units down to 14 a week - but the last 2 weeks has gone badly wrong it all started with a week off work have drank tonnes of wine(35 units a week) and I feel awful, anxious, ill, lethargic, a failure, bloated, trapped but needing to change. Ditto with smoking and weight loss.

I am now planning to be af for a month - to stop smoking and to get back on the healthy diet horse. It all goes back to alcohol , i drink i feel anxious, i drink i smoke, i drink i take in lots of calories, i drink i eat junk, i drink i miss my exercise. It sounds like i'm trying to acheive loads but it all comes back to the booze.

Any tips gratefully received I read the tools thread - very inspirational.
    lots of plannign how to achieve this - starting with lots of water/healthy food/gym today - a shopping list for food and planning meals for the week and planning how to deal with booze/cig cravings.
    one day at a time

back again...

Sounds like you know what to do, and you have a plan. Once you get into it it will be easier.

:welcome: back.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

back again...

Bear73: I think you'll find 30 AF days wonderful in terms of your health & well-being. Good luck. Keep coming. Mary

PS: I look at the Tools Thread frequently.
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

back again...

Hiya Bear, it sounds like you have a great plan and plenty of motivation going on there.
        For me, the Kudzu and Lglutamine really help the al cravings....and I chew nicotine gum for the cigs. I am not a good example for giving up smoking though as I have chewed the gum for about 15 years. However, it really does help with the cravings.
        Good luck to you and keep posting. I find that helps me too
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

back again...

Welcome back Bear.
          Sounds like you took on an awful lot, all at once. You are alot tougher than me. I can only deal with one demon at a time. Keep up that strength. You will make it.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Working...
          X