This time for me...Here's my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up in what I would say is a "normal family" . Born and raised in the midwest, I am the younger twin. We transfered a few times. The last move that I made with my family was in my 7th grade. We moved to a neighborhood that had lots of block parties..we even had a keg in our basement fridge. (great for highschool get togethers, parents were too drunk to remember if they popped the keg or not!)...Anyway my Dad and Mom seperated when I was 16, that was hard because being a twin I was Dad's girl and my sister was Mom's girl (we have a much younger brother also). So I did grow up with lots of drinking in my family.

Fast forward...Married at 22, our courtship did contain drinking and I had started drinking alot at 19 (legal drinking age at the time). Had two kids, (lost 4 trying to get the two)worked full time, drank at night but my hubby didn't. When our youngest was 3 my husband got a promotion at work. It involved a transfer with huge increase in pay. So I had a new house, new town, and was able to do my dream job. Stay at home Mom! I always wanted to be that, my sister never wanted kids, lol...she still doesn't! (hmmm, that may take some thought, I could be holding thoughts inside regarding that....) So anyway here I was in a new town with two kids, one in school..and a hubby gone alot. Guess I had way to much time on my hands so beer became my bestfriend, morning through night.

Fast forward: Kids are now 13 & 10 and we have moved two more times. I have a beautiful home and a wonderful husband and 2 great kids....but beer is/was my very best friend. I need to break the habit as much if not even more than the addiction. My Husband and kids support me and love me so much...

I have so much time and love to make up for due to this stupid addiction.

So that is my story boring or not.

Thanks for listening,
    Tammie

Tammie's story

I enjoyed reading your story. I should probably do one of my own here.

You are really lucky to have the support of your husband and kids. I do also and it really helps me to "behave" when thoughts of wine enter my head.

All that moving around must have been hard. I'm very spoiled and have only lived in two places; Northern N.J. and Northern Virginia. Guess I'm a northern kind of girl.

I also married young, but definitely got my yah yah's out in college so I don't feel like I missed anything. This year is our 20th. Can't believe it.

I really enjoy your posts and hope that you reach all your goals.

I'm doing pretty good. Now if I could just get that All One down.

Jane.

Comment

Re: Tammie's story

Tammie,
      thanks for sharing this. I'm a twin also (got a brother and I'm older) and I have definately found issues relating to that in this process of learning.

Hang in there.
      Brigid

Comment

twins

Hi Tammie, Thanks so much for your story.
        Apparently, I have a twin also.... never met her, but I,ve heard some horror stories about her..."The Evil One" Out of body experiance? Actually, my sister & myself are only about 19 mo. apart. My Mom used to dress us alike when we were little, & there was only 2 letters different in our name (first & middle - before changing the last) But we are soooo different, Sorry, I'm doin' the jabberwalkie again .. Hugs , Judie

Comment

Re: twins

Thank you all for your reply's! It took me almost a month to write...

Comment

Working...
          X