Mod Squad Weekly Thread 24th Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Squadron - DeeBee, Zed, Lila, Boss.man, Be, Peri, Starty, J-vo, Gyco, Sunbeam, Vera, Eve, Ask, Gettingbetter, St John - think that's everyone. Thought I'd start this week's thread even though I've lost track of everyone and where they're up to.

I've managed to make a start on my Christmas shopping, only 1 present but at least it's a start - I'm now in Christmas mode!!!

Hope we go Christmas carolling again with church and give out free mince pies to everyone in the town - it's great!

Please log on modders so I can catch up!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Hey Vladster! Xmas shopping huh. Hmmm I haven't even written my list for Santa yet.

My lines have been down at home all weekend so I haven't been able to get on-line and I arrive at work this morning to find out our server is down so ... mad dash whilst it is up just to say a quick HI to everyone before I go and beat the Telkom dude on the head!!

Happy Monday everyone:-)
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Happy Monday Deebs - we have problems at work too, the electrics have tripped 3 times already.

And it is SOOOOOO cold in the office. My fingers are numb.

A warm cuppa me thinks...

And my outlook still hasn't opened.

And now I'm off for some lunch.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

WHERE ARE YOU MODDERS?!!!

By the way, I'm trying to lose some weight - I currently weigh 8 stone 12. I want to be 8 stone 3. Going to keep a daily weight update. Need to cut some beer out though I think. And that bag of Haribo did not help.

Comment

Hi Vlad and all other Modsters,

I haven't posted in a few weeks but have been reading and it's nice to see such a lively and thoughtful thread. I think I need to get my butt back here because I do seem to do a better job at modding when I post.

Vlad, I am also trying to lose weight. I don't know the stone thing but I need to lose about 15-20 more pounds. I have lost about 11 but been bad lately...

Very busy getting ready for Thanksgiving here.

Comment

Hello squaddies, just having a sneaky peak to see what you are up to and wish you all a terrific week. For some reason I am STILL feeling positve and like something has shifted within me now. Something has begun to make sense and I like it!!!
            I will be lurking so no talking about me you hear????? :-))))
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Ducky, great to hear from you again. A stone is 14 pounds. I only want to lose 9 pounds - how hard can it be??? I've managed to get to 8 stone 9 but don't seem to be able to shift the other 6, it appears at the weekend I just pile it all on again!!! I'm still trying to do my half hour walks each day and I've been good and done today's.

And hi again Starts.

Comment

The closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is Vlad. I worked as a personal trainer several years ago and I think that adding some resistance training might help. That will give you a bit more muscle, which makes your metabolic rate a bit higher. It sounds like you have a very busy schedule but even two short workouts a week might tip the scales.

Keep up the walking!

Comment

I've asked hubby to get me a stepper for Christmas. Might do some sit-ups tonight - need to tone that belly.

Hey, I noticed that one of our last threads had been rated as a top thread!

Oh and I have 'band practice' tonight, I always look forward to this, especially as we're starting to do our Christmas songs!

Planning on quiche and salad for dinner.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Mom and dad's was fun yesterday. I did have a bit of Bailey's in my coffee (SIL had poured it in and brought it to me). So there you go, I decided that there is not much AL in that and that I could drink that. I had my turkey brat, no beer. I had hubby make a margarita for me (so that it wouldn't be made too strong). Then I didn't finish it. I couldn't believe it! It was time to go home and I hadn't even finished 1 margarita at a family event!

The best part about mom and dad's though, they had a zig saw puzzle going when we got there. Again with the zigsaw puzzles! As some of you may recall, my bi-polar son and I used to sit and do those together when he was younger. He and I sat and finished that one up yesterday (along with some other family members). I felt really connected to him while we were doing that, it was awesome. When that one was completed though, my dad brought out a new puzzle. You guessed it, it had a house and 3 horses on it! No kidding!!!!! So I felt obligated to work on that one for a while too. Coincedence? Naaahhh.

Vlad, I have bought 1 Christmas present so far too. I am usually much further along than this by now. Never done by now, just closer. So we'll do our shopping together BTW I have no idea what 8 stone 12 means but good luck with your weight loss. Oh, you just explained... nevermind.

Morning DeeBee, I hope you get the bugs out soon!

Hi ducky, I have read some of your posts on the forum but didn't know you were a modder. Nice to see you here. It's a hard time of the year to loose weight, but it can be done. So good luck to you as well. You may need to read last weeks posts by me to get my zigsaw puzzle stuff above. Or just ignore it. :H

Starting, if I were going to talk about you it would all be good anyway... or in fun!

I hope to hear from the rest of the modders. Where is everyone today?

As we were driving home last night, I was thinking about the things I saw out on my field appointments last week... the zigsaw puzzles, the wheelchairs and my helpful side, the horses. I thought how connected I felt to my son and to other family members just working on a puzzle together. These things I noticed about myself, they are not earth shattering. They are quite simple really. They are simply things about me that I miss out on when I am gulping too much drink into my body. It touched me again when I read vlad's post just now about band practice. I miss playing my guitar and singing in church band. That would be another simple thing that I can do for me. I am not involved in a band right now, but I can certainly pick up one of my guitars and play any time I like. I can find ways to reconnect on an emotional level with family members, with or without a zigsaw puzzle. I can find other ways to help people who are in need even though I didn't but the clothing business all those years ago. I don't have horses, but how fortunate am I that I have a job that doesn't confine me to a desk for 8 hours a day? I meet wonderful people everyday. I do get outside and get to say "hi" to a horse every now and then. Sometimes it's llamas, or alpacas. Once it was ostriches (now I will think of DeeBee). I almost daily get to meet dogs and cats. Crossing my path along my way have been wild turkeys, bald eagles, deer, elk, antelope, foxes, coyotes, a mountain lion... I could go on. All these things I have seen because of my job and I love this part of it. Not bad. Gratitude, yes.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day,
                    periwinkle
                    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Hi Peri - good on you for only having 1 baileys and not quite all of a margarita. Not heard of zigsaw puzzles, now jigsaw puzzles I have heard of - what's the difference?

WHERE IS EVERYONE?

Comment

OMG, that is so funny! Vlad a zigsaw puzzle and a jigsaw puzzle differ only in the misspelling of the idiot typing zigsaw not once but many times! I was really "hearing" jigsaw in my little brain as I was typing, but somehow I was putting the "z" in there instead.

:nutso:
                        Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

HELLO MONDAY! - HELLO clean slate, new goals, fresh start! Weekend brought lots of opportunity to grow. My family was quite a challenge and I really had to BREATHE and FORGIVE. Attended a party Sat. night with BIG drinkers. Thankfully we arrived late and were there for just an hour and 1/2. I had 2 glasses of wine and lots of fun. In the past I would have had twice that much. My hubby is drinking alot but with me being more level-headed we don't get into the verbal conflict as much. I just turn away and pray he will pass put soon. Sad, but true. He is so angry and abusive when he drinks. The kids are tired of it too. Oh well, this too shall pass and it is giving me an opportunity to learn how to love even when I don't feel like it.
                          Thanks Sunbeam for the mantra-one of my favorite ones we share every Sunday.

vlad you sound good- just read that sit-ups are not so good for females. I've noticed since I've cut down the AL my belly is shrinking! Lots of good stuff from getting healthy again.

Ducky, we haven't met yet but a big hello to you. Where is DeeBee? zed? anyone else lurking around?

Peri- you did great with your temptations this weekend. You go girl!

Eve- have a great trip and let us know all about it when you return. We will miss you.
                          Toughen up!

Comment

HELLO MONDAY! - HELLO clean slate, new goals, fresh start! Weekend brought lots of opportunity to grow. My family was quite a challenge and I really had to BREATHE and FORGIVE. Attended a party Sat. night with BIG drinkers. Thankfully we arrived late and were there for just an hour and 1/2. I had 2 glasses of wine and lots of fun. In the past I would have had twice that much. My hubby is drinking alot but with me being more level-headed we don't get into the verbal conflict as much. I just turn away and pray he will pass put soon. Sad, but true. He is so angry and abusive when he drinks. The kids are tired of it too. Oh well, this too shall pass and it is giving me an opportunity to learn how to love even when I don't feel like it.
                            Thanks Sunbeam for the mantra-one of my favorite ones we share every Sunday.

vlad you sound good- just read that sit-ups are not so good for females. I've noticed since I've cut down the AL my belly is shrinking! Lots of good stuff from getting healthy again.

Ducky, we haven't met yet but a big hello to you. Where is DeeBee? zed? anyone else lurking around?

Peri- you did great with your temptations this weekend. You go girl!

Eve- have a great trip and let us know all about it when you return. We will miss you. :l
                            Toughen up!

Comment

Hi all,
                              I just read j-vo's post about children, and Zed's response which took my breath away. What an inspiring group we have here. In my many months here, I never connected much with others until this group formed. Although I did meet Deebs on an AF August thread. How blessed I am.
                              j-vo, thanks for mentioning (on last week's thread) that my thoughts bring you peace. It made me start reflecting on the different qualities we all bring to this group.

Vlad, people who actually shop during the Christmas season sometimes hate my kind, because I shop all year round and am pretty well done with this task. I put everything in Rubbermaid bins under the bed in the guest bedroom. About the end of October I make a list of everything, so I can fill in the gaps. I just don't enjoy the crowds and traffic. A lot of my shopping is done online.

Ducky (not Lucky), nice to see you here. I like you and Vlad would like to lose weight, 20 pounds would be ideal. I have been very disappointed that cutting out so much drinking did not lead to weight loss. It is mostly the age factor, I think. I used to joke that I could lose weight just by switching to light beer. I am pretty good about what I eat: lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains. I eat an apple and baby carrots at work every day, so other snacks don't tempt me. The evening munchies are definitely my downfall. I am jumping on the bandwagon for the banana diet: eat a banana every evening, then nothing after 8:00 p.m. I think it was Japan that is completely sold out of bananas because of this rage. I don't believe in diets at all, but there is no harm in this strategy given my habits. I am already pretty active: swim twice weekly, walk a couple of miles daily at work, bike a lot when weather permnits, have started snowshoeing in the fields behind my house after work (not today, it is raining). I also do stretching and strengthening for 20 min twice weekly.

Peri, the jigsaws and zigsaws and puzzles and horses and houses - oh my! I also don't believe in coincidence, but how does one figure out the meaning in these messages? If you enjoy music, you really should pick up that guitar again. Music does soothe my soul.

Starting, I know what you mean about something shifting inside of you. The date that happened for me was Sept 8.

Take care, all.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                              X