Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen Bee Mums Kingpin Dads

Queen Bee Mums & Kingpin Dads by Rosalind Wiseman

This is the follow on book from "Queen Bees and Wannabees".

All about how to cope with the parents and teachers who can rule - or ruin - your childs life.

Makes for some interesting reading altho I can't relate to all of it, it has some very relevant chapters about cell phones and at what age they are approriate -- this is something that has been a huge issue in my daughters life.
    There is also a chapter about how much of our past we should tell our kids and at what age. This really hit a cord in me as I've been wondering how to protect/prevent my daughter from making the same mistakes I have with AL.

It has a very practacle easy to read layout... the issue, the wrong way to resolve it, the right way to resolve it.

I haven't read the first book "Queen Bees and Wannabees" but I think it's definetly worth investing in a copy -- I need all the help and advice I can get lol.

There is a saying in the book which I just love..... "parenting isin't for sissys!":H
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Sounds like a great book and I agree that parenting ain't for Sissy's.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Dee Bee,

I have read Queen Bees and Wannabe's and it is a very worthwhile read. I have 3 girls so I need all of the help I can get.

I am going to get the book here that your recommend too.

Mo3
      AF Since April 20, 2008
      4 Years!!!
      :lilheart:

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.... I'm definetly going to get it! I didn't realise when I was given this book that it's the follow on -- it does refer back to what is taught in the first book so you'll get it straight away.
        This book teaches alot about the heirachy of Mums and Dads and how your issues as a child can influence your parenting styles eeeeeck! Some of it is really hard to swallow.
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Oh DeeBee, Wait to you read about the hierarchy that these young girls create. Of course, many of us have first hand experience with it from our years in middle school. I certainly was the brunt of many a Queen Bee. Anyhow, there is some good practical advice in the book and it is an easy read.

I'm interested in what you said about the other book...about how much to discuss your past. I certainly want my girls to have a more innocent life than I had. My gosh, I was drinking and smoking pot by the age of 13. I wonder where my parents were. They had no idea what the f*** I was doing.
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!

Comment

I'm already at the bottom of the hierarchy my three gtirls age 13, 11 and 9 have created .... LOL
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

I'm right there with ya Heavenly
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!

Comment

Working...
              X