ouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ouch

so i started the meds and i thought vaguely about drinking in the afternoon.
    very crazy day at work. always so before a holiday.
    so i didn't drink and that is cool. but i wanted to. the interesting thing was i was thinking 'what to do that i should happen across a glass of wine?"
    and i was able to say 'yo who in the heck do u think ur kidding?"
    a sort break w/sobriety and YES IT IS JUST AS DIFFICULT AS LAST JUNE!
    so if ur behaving thing thinking 'what the hell? just a little sip won't kill anyone'
    no it won't. but ur gonna waste a lot of thought getting back to where u were.

i am making excuses for myself, but holiday are really not easy.

(and i'm not feeling hopeful i'm feeling bitchy but i'm trying to brainwash myself.)

ouch

sorry for the typos

Comment

ouch

39 viewings and not one comment.
      ?

Comment

ouch

You made a good decision; you are recognizing that each time one relapses, it creates the very real risk that quitting again will be even more difficult than it may have been before. There is simply no sense in it. So: be strong, use all the tools that you can find. Keep letting us know how you are doing, OK?

Comment

ouch

Hi there 1967. Good going with the self realisation. That is so important to me, knowing where these thoughts come from, allowing them in and then letting them go.
          Yes, its hard but it gets easier.
          You are doing well!
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

ouch

Holidays

Hey 1967;
            I'm just seeing this now. Sorry you got no responses right away. Sounds like you did OK but you were looking for some support . . . holidays aren't easy.

I so agree. I'm not particularly tempted by drinking, but it is tempting to get down around these holidays when you're not the Hallmark picture of family. It takes personal strength to keep your thoughts in a hopeful frame of mind.

I hope you are doing better today. If not, feel free to pm me. I don't tend to always read the abs threads.

Fondly,

Ask

Comment

ouch

i will keep checking in.
              and yesterday didn't go well. i can absolutely NOT take one sip of alcohol.
              period. i think (i hope) i have learned my lesson.
              i have to admit that the 130 plus days i managed were extremely productive.
              getting back in the saddle.

Comment

ouch

Stick with it 1967, determination will see you through
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

ouch

hi startingover... i will make it this time. i will stay close to this site.
                  i was thinking earlier... if my alcohol problem were a food allergy i would stop eating that food.
                  alcohol makes me sick.
                  i am an intelligent logical human. why would i intentionally make myself ill?
                  i wouldn't. i have an adverse reaction to wine. so i won't drink it. i won't test myself further thinking 'i can handle it now.'
                  why take the risk.
                  i am reading in bed and feeling good about it, enjoying my book.
                  i hope everyone out there is doing okay. i so appreciate the support i found today.

Comment

ouch

Yep, the allergy analogy is a good one. I don't know why it never worked for me.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                    X