• Show
Clear All

Eliziby

Eliziby..where are you?
    I hope you're ok. Please check in.
    Nancy

Eliziby

Hey Kate,
    Do you check this thread often? Sometimes I feel like I'm pretty much alone down here.:rolleyes
    It's good to have some company!
    I do wish Eliziby would let us hear from her.
    Nancy

Comment

Eliziby

Okay guys, I have a big apology to share with all of you, and first let me say thanks to all of you for thinking of me. My husband and I are volunteer church builders (this is something I haven't shared till now), and we have been away helping a little church that was burned to the ground by an arsonist. Then I came home for eye surgery, and am here now recooperating (sp). I will be here a week and will return to help the volunteers a week before coming back to stay with my daughter a few days after her hysterectomy. I did take my laptop with me to keep in touch with you, but the online service there was terrible. They are trying to get it up and running for me now. Let me say I have done very well. Have not been totally abs, but am very pleased with my progress. I will never go back where I was with my drinking. I feel so much better mentally, physically, and spiritually. I thank God for showing me the way to this program. My Dr. won't advise me to tirate beyond 75mgs on the topa because of some side effects, and I still can't tolerate the richness of the AllOne but I am taking a good multi vitamin, exercising, and listning to the CD's when I need to. Hey, I'll be around for a few days, then I'll be gone again for awhile but I will be back. I have friends here I have to come back to. God Bless you, Eliziby

PS: I guess the reason I didn't share about being church builders, is because I was embarrassed to say I did this while having a drinking problem. I am so thankful that with the Lord being my strength and MWO, I don't have a habit to keep a secret any more. It made me feel like such a hypocrite, but I have always enjoyed serving the Lord inspite of my weaknesses, and for some reason He has blessed my efforts. He is a forgiving God, and I praise Him for it. E.

Comment

Eliziby

Kate, Nancy and Eliziby;

How are you guys doing? I check here everyday, but alot of people don't post here. I'm sending my prayers and thoughts to you Eliziby for a quick recovery....

Prayers, Hugs :h

Brandy

Comment

Eliziby

Thanks Brandy, I'm doing very well. Better, really than I had expected. Prayer really does help. I went to church this morning and made it there and back just fine. Hope all is well with you. Since I have been away for awhile, I am behind on everyone's progress. I will be in and out for the next two or three months. E.

Comment

Eliziby

Hi fellow believers,
            I always forget about this section but I have so enjoyed reading your posts. Elizaby's comments have me tearing up right now:c . Someday I'll have the courage to share my horrible story of addiction and the church. My heart grieves so when I think of how many broken and hurting souls suffer in secret shame. Why oh why must we shoot ourselves in the foot for something we may have lost any ability to choose? I know why, but it's so hard to admit.
            The church for the most part can't help us with this problem, they don't know how.
            When my husband was counseled by our pastor about his drinking problem, he was forced out of fellowship for not being able to quit. Our lives will never be the same again. All the will in the world cannot overcome this problem. It is an ugly demon I will probably wrestle with till the Lord comes to take me home. What I have now is a "daily repreive" AA talks of so often. God has been very gracious to those of us who've happened onto this wonderful new way of life!

Blessings,
            Lori

Comment

Eliziby

Lori, you are so right about the church not knowing how to help with adiction problems. I don't really blame the church because it was never expected that Christians would ever be given to adictions, and if a new convert was adicted to something upon receiving Christ, I do know, that in our church, we directed them to professionals for whatever help they needed that the Lord didn't deliver them from. I was a mature Christian at the time I started drinking wine. I will regret that day as long as I live. I acquired a taste for it much as I acquired a taste for coffee. I didn't like either when I first started drinking them. I told my story in May in the "Share Your Story" thread. I think about the 8th, if you would like to read it. I won't tell it again here, but would never have been able to share this with anyone from my church or my family either for that matter. I love the Lord, and I loved serving Him, and the responsibilities I had in my church, all of which I would have had to give up if anyone ever knew of my problem. But you know what???? My Heavenly Father Knew, and He didn't ask me to give them up, and He was my Counselor, my Comforter, and my Guide through out the entire time, and thirty years later, He led me here. By-the-way, I'm still going to the same church. Lori, don't give up on your church. Even though they may not understand or be able to help with adiction problems, they do so much more. My church helped me to gain the strength I needed in all areas of my life. The drinking is really just a small part that took a really, really big toll. Thanks for sharing your post. I am going to remember you and your husband in my prayers. Hugs, Eliziby

Comment

Eliziby

So you all won't be wondering, I may be out of touch again for awhile. I will be joining my husband at the volunteer building project. Again, I am taking my laptop with me. If they have the innernet connection up and running, I will be back with you soon, if not, it will be awhile. but be sure, I will be back, and I am not misbehaving.:h Eliziby

Comment

Eliziby

Oh My Gosh!!!
                  Lori... I JUST sent you an EZ box because I read your post, and now I just read your post here... it only confirms that I REALLY, REALLY want to send you this CD. In fact, I would love to send it to all of you here. It TOTALLY deals with this issue of "wounds" in the church, and how the church has NOT helped those who have truly been wounded. The church has been more focused on building attendence, judging, building programs, "the next generation" (which is fine and all....), but they overlook the most hurting people. (Please know that I dont mean there are no good churches out there, just too many, and most I have been in fit this description). Well.... NOT THIS CHURCH!!! Today... I promise I could not see ONE person that was not crying because ALL had been touched. I told Lori a bit about it in an EZ box. But Lori... I can totally, TOTALLY understand what you are saying about feeling you are suffering alone. (probably like me... looking around and thinkin...hmmm... wonder if there's ANY other "mom" in here that struggles with drinking and manages to pull it together on Sunday morning and no one knows....)

Well, Hello! My name is Alicen

But just call me Allie.

Comment

Eliziby

By the way, how many of you are in the southeast? I ask for a reason... my wheels are turning!

Comment

Eliziby

Hope I'm in the right place?

#7 Today, 02:48 PM
                      Eliziby
                      Member Join Date: Jul 2006

Am I in the right place?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been out of pocket too, for a few days. Sure hope I came to the right place. I'd hate to think I'll be telling all to folks I don't know. It's good to see familiar names, since everything else looks so unfamiliar. Guess we'll get used to it in time. The other board was new to us as well, when we came to it the first time. I haven't been the good girl I should have been during my absence. I have been moderating, but each evening. Instead of the 8 or 9glasses of vino each night, I have been having 1 or 2 each night. When I was sipending more time with you guys, here at MWO, and doing the entire program, I did better at abs for several days before bibing. We have been so busy and under a lot of pressure in our volunteer work, and one evening I was so weak, I broke, then the next, then the next, then the next. I am thankful, however, that I ain't back to what I once wuz. I promised myself, and my hubby, that I would never go back to that place again, and I meant it. I feel so much better. Don't know how often you'll see post's from me till we finish with our work here, but I'll drop in when I can. God Bless you all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Last edited by Eliziby : Today at 03:05 PM.
                      :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

Working...
                      X