Why is there so much chaos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand how a simple afternoon of doing daily chores can turn into a day from HELL! Seems like even though I try to be positive everything else around me seems to fall apart for no particular reason..I guess that is exactly what Satan is waiting for. Then the the "Stinkin Drinkin" thought tries to take over...

I promised myself that while choosing to moderate this month and I've been doing pretty good for the last couple of months outside of the 60 days of abs, I'm not going to drink when I'm annoyed or angry, especially for no obvious reason..

I'm going to hold on to Galatians 6:17 "From now on let no one trouble me, for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus". 6:18 "Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit". Amen..

Brandy

Brandy, I have had simular days myself. My intolerance of the sups and topa are causing me to experiance more cravings than if I could use them as we are supposed to in MWO. I am stuck at 75 mgs. of topa, and my Dr. thinks the sups were responsible for my kidney problems. The AllOne powder was too rich for my system. I had direah like you wouldn't believe. The increased amount of topa does the same along with little dizzy spells. I sound kinda puney, don't I? I'm not at all. When I was drinking, every blood work up, every physical check up, every lab test was perfect. My Dr. said he wished all his patients checked out so well, he just didn't know I was drinking, and certainly not how much. My question was then, "If I am in such good health, why do I feel so bad?" It was the alcahol, and so much of it, as well as the conviction God was putting me through, telling me that what I was doing was wrong. Anyway, back to what you are going through. Days of doing good and then falling apart. In a weeks time, I have about 3 or 4 evenings with no cravings, the other 3 or 4 I fight myself to keep from giving in to them. It helps to keep my hands busy. Trying to relax is the worst thing during cravings, because my mind is telling me the I need wine to relax. I go back to the Dr. Fri. I hope he will help me tirate up on the topa. I really need more help with the cravings. I have been in MWO since May 6 and have come a long way. Without God's help, I wouldn't be doing as well as I am since I can't stick to the program the way it's supposed to be. I am pausing here to say a prayer for you, that God will help you have better days, and that He will give us both the strength to overcome the temptation to drink.....I can't remember exactly where it is found right now, but it was Paul who said "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." I quote this to myself a lot as a reminder that it's for me as just as it was for Paul. Hang in there Brandy, we'll make it. Eliziby

Comment

Eliziby;

How are you doing? I know and agree with everything, I just don't understand why such crappy days..I am very thankful that it has nothing to do with alcohol. But I still have such bad mood swings, the other TWIN used to come out when I drank, but now my other TWIN just comes out when I am having a crappy day....

I am proud of myself for not giving in to temptation, but how do I not give in to the mood swings. I am moderating this month as I did the month of May and June and did really well, I also try not to drink if I'm upset, angry or just feel like being a #%@*% and then some.

You give me strength and for that I am grateful and thankful!

Hugs!
      Brandy:h

Comment

Hey girlfriends,
        I just wrote a long post and it disappeared! Guess :evil didn't want us to encourage each other! Well....Get out of our life :evil ..you are not welcome here....in Jesus' name...Amen

I shared that I have had mood swings for the past few years and the doc said "bi-polar. See gen board. Doc 2 said ADD... seems to go together along with self medicating with ....yep... drinking...
        Tried topa type meds and couldn't take. Swelling and panic!!
        I'm on 100 mg zoloft now and cutting that down as I read somewhere that type antidepressant could make swings worse.
        Along with some of the supps and whole food and cutting out white flour and sugar.....I'm feeling more stable..

Gotta run for now.

So happy to see both of you here.!

Blessings and :P
        Nancy

Comment

Brandy, one thing I failed to mention the other day in my post to you is something my dr. said when I told him about my emotions that were not on my shoulders, but hanging off my shoulders, and I was crying at the drop of the so called hat. :c He told me that all my internal organs as well as circulatory and digestive system had adjusted to and depended upon all the alcahol I had been drinking for so many years and when I stopped my entire body was in shock. The nerveous system was also reacting and I shouldn't be surprised at being emotional. I was also quick to get angry with my husband which I failed to mention to the dr., but I guess we could throw that into the mix as well. I don't know if this is what you are describing as mood swings or not, but maybe this helps to explain why you are feeling as you do. Hope you are feeling better today. E.

Comment

Thanks Eliziby;

By nature I'm a moody person anyway! With that being said I find that when the environment of my household has alot of things going on at any given time, I react on autopilot. When I went shopping yesterday the cashier was totally confused about the type of salad I was purchasing (Classic Lettuce or Romaine). I know there is a difference in price, but I felt she should've known, instead of looking at me with a "look of amazement, as if to say which one is this". Small things I let tick me off, and I shouldn't...I started taking Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc added to taking Melatonin and that made a difference in my mood.

I also went to Adam.com it's full of info on vitamins and different ways they affect your body.

Brandy

Hope you're feeling better:h

Comment

Brandy, you are sounding a lot like my daughter during those awful days of P M S . We never know what mood we are going to catch her in. She has warned us to beware. She has been on Prosaque (sp). Her Dr. has found good reason to put an end to it all. She is having a hysterectomy in two weeks. We are all looking forward to it. I think life will be more pleasant for all of us. You are adding a lot to your plate as well by doing this program that certainly isn't the easiest on the psychy. Are you doing MWO under a Dr's care? Maybe he/she can help you keep your mood swings under control. Hope things get better for you. Eliziby

Comment

Eliziby:

No I'm not under Dr's care. The last time I went to my doctor about moods in 2000, I was put on Zoloft. That went on for 6 months. I am currently in counseling w/ my child for the last 5 1/2 yrs. I just need to CALM DOWN.....My life is always an EXPRESSWAY at any given time...

Brandy

Comment

Working...
                X