• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Life Recovery Bible

Anybody else got one of these?
    Nancy

The Life Recovery Bible

Nancy;

I've never heard about this, can you tell me more?

Brandy

Comment

The Life Recovery Bible

I found mine in a christian book store. I love it. It has three different ways to work through it and it is based on the recovery process. I read the passage from Mark that you suggested and it had a comentary on the opposite page. It taks about how Jesus' deciples were just like us and struggled with some of the same problems we do....but....HE WAS ABLE TO USE THEM ANYWAY!!:rolleyes
      I love it!!
      You can probably find one online if you want one. It's called The Life Recovery Bible.

Nancy

Comment

The Life Recovery Bible

Nancy;

Thank you so much, I will definetly look on line for it.

Brandy

Comment

The Life Recovery Bible

Nancy, does this Recovery Bible deal with alcahol recovery as well as recovery from other life situations ( does it specify?) or does it apply to recovery in general? Also, I would like to know what version it is written in. It sounds very interesting. I would like to check into it not only for myself, but I have a nephew who is a relativly new christian, and has smoked for a long time. He recently found out that he has a problem with his heart. He wanted to stop smoking before, but now he really wants to because he needs to. We (my husband & I) have been praying with him about it. My husband told him that when he decided to quit, he simply laid down his pack of cigaretts and promised the Lord that he would never again pick them up again. He made up his mind. He made his promise. And that was it. Our nephew said," I guess I need a new mind set." That made me think about our hypnotic CD's. I think on that web site, I saw where there were CD's to help stop smoking. So I gave the nephew the web address. I know he wants the help from his new found savior, so the Recovery Bible just might be the ticket. You are a well informed lady. Thanks for keeping us posted. Eliziby

Comment

The Life Recovery Bible

Yes , it does deal with alcohol abuse.
            It has a wonderful layout so it is easy to read. I think it is the new living version. I'm not at home right now to look at mine. You can probably find one on amazon.com. It is called The Life Recovery Bible..... That's what we are looking for , right?....to recover our lives.
            There are paper back ones that are very reasonably priced. I found mine at a local christian book store....which are plentiful here in the south.

Blessings and Peace to you,
            Nancy

Comment

Working...
            X