Christian Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian Corner

If you are apposed to Christian principles and ideals, you might want to visit another thread. The reason I started this spot is to hear how Christians are using their faith to stop drinking using the MWO program and to help and encourage each other as well as others who might be interested in our help. Let's start sharing. Eliziby

Christian Corner

Elliziby;

I am very interested in finding out about any other Christian websites you may know about.

Brandy

Comment

Christian Corner

Sorry Eliziby,
      I wasn't aware that this is an exclusive Christian space. I am a Christian but have many questions, beliefs and opinions so I'll stay away from this thread. It's good that you started this subject.
      Peace,
      CB

Comment

Christian Corner

Brandy, a couple of search engions where you can maybe find what you are looking for is www.crosssearch.com and www.christsites.com. I found these with an aol search for "Christian Websites". You might try that for more choices of places to look. Eliziby

Comment

Christian Corner

Eliziby and Brandy, I am not a Christian but good for you. If anyone gives you a hard time, remind them that they don't have to read this particular thread.

Ter

Comment

Christian Corner

Yeah, Ter, Eliziby and Brandy
            Right on! I am thinking of becoming a Mormon so I can be with the man I love.
            CB

Comment

Christian Corner

One site that I start my day off with some is
              sacredspace.ie/
              It just take a couple of minutes to click through the daily plan and it gives me hope.
              Enjoy.....Nancy

Comment

Christian Corner

Thanks Nancy!

I'll definitly check this out.

Hugs,
                Brandy

Comment

Christian Corner

This has been encouraging. I was beginning to wonder if this site was going to work. Thanks for your response. Lets keep it going. If you are like me, you like telling others when something good is happening to you because of your faith. This is the place to do it. I know that's why I found My Way Out and that's why it is working for me. I can be overwhelmed if I look at the big picture of my drinking problem, but I know I can do it with my new motto and prayer "One Day at a Time Sweet Jesus". You may think I am a bit silly, but I have larned to pray about little things, no matter how simple. Today, I lost my reading glasses. I looked every where I could think of. I was getting so frustrated. In desperation, I used my husbands glasses to read the mail. I continued to look without success. I gave up and went about my daily task and didn't think about them any more until I decided it was time I needed to check the MWO web site, so I started looking all over again. I thought, "This is crazy, God knows right where they are and could lead me right to them if He will." So I prayed and ask Him to take me to them. After praying I turned around and laying on the arm of the sofa behind me were my glasses. They were the same dark color as the color of the sofa and blended right in with it making it hard for me to see them. God wants us to pray about all things no matter how small. Eliziby

Comment

Christian Corner

Amen!!!!! I lost my glasses Saturday. After walking all around my house and yard, I came back in and they were on the side of my bath tub where I left them! I think Jesus just wanted me to walk around outside with Him and talk to Him and look at His wonders in nature!
                    Silly? Never!

8)
                    Nancy

Comment

Christian Corner

Is it Christian to SHUN someone? The definition I see in the dictionary says:

deliberately avoid somebody: to avoid somebody or something intentionally

So, because I don't live in the south, am I being shunned in this string of notes? Is that the right thing to do?

I was brought up to treat everyone with respect and honour. It is NOT Christian to treat someone with disrespect. But maybe the southern U.S. Christians find that treatment is OK. I do not.

For me, to LOVE is Christian. To ACCEPT is Christian. To FORGIVE is Christian.

Maybe we should discuss our Christian beliefs?????

Comment

Christian Corner

CB!

I'm sorry .........I don't know where any of these people live and it doesn't matter to me.

What do you believe?

Do you really want to become mormon?

Everyone is welcome here.........

Nancy

Comment

Christian Corner

Hi,
                          Thanks, Southernbelle. I was trying to make a point that I had made some ignored comments in this thread.
                          Oh well, I guess we are all different. I was brought up as a Catholic and it was very strict. In my journey through life I have discovered compassion.

The Essence of Compassion
                          Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong because sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

CB

Comment

Christian Corner

CB
                            I agree with that!
                            I had some very good friends growing up who were catholic.
                            I don't think we ever talked about religion.That was a long time ago.
                            What do you believe now? About God ?

Comment

Christian Corner

CB, I too am so, so sorry if you felt we were shunning you. I honestly wasn't aware that you wanted a response to your post. I just thought you were sharing your thoughts with us as we were sharing our thoughts with everone else out there who might be interested. I loved hearing from you and every one that posted. God bless you and please keep coming back and share with us. Eliziby

Comment

Working...
                              X