AF Daily - Sunday November 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to mark this, then edit so we don't end up with multiple threads for the day! More coming...

DG

ETA:

Happy Sunday and End of November everyone! Where does the time go? Like others I am a bit Bah Humbug about holiday obligation season, so it's OK with me if December seems to fly by at the speed of light like November seemed to fly by!

Yesterdays thread was great and lots of action! I'm not going to try to say hi to each person who posted although I did read them all! But here are a few...

CONGRATULATIONS C&C MOM on 7 DAYS SOBER!!!!!

WELCOME KEETA and CONGRATULATIONS ON 13 DAYS SOBER!!!!!

Also congratulations to anyone else who did a shout out yesterday that I didn't note!

Janet - I was never a figure skater - only a rabid fan. LOL I always begged "Santa" for skates but I was a competitive athlete in a different sport, and "Santa" did not want me skating and breaking something, which would have interfered with other sport.

Tom 3.0, thanks for mentioning The Food Doctor.. book. I'm going to add that to my library list. I finally started a spreadsheet because I would make notes and then lose them! Like you, I'm really enjoying getting confirmation that what so many of us are already doing seems on the right track (based on multiple sources of info). For me it goes beyond the alcohol thing into hormones and food allergies (gluten - I'm 99.9% sure but don't want to eat it any more and find out) and other stuff.

Pamina, Whole Foods ROCKS!!! I wish there was one closer to me. The closest one is about 45 minutes each way if there is no traffic. BUT...I still go there probably once a month. Especially through the winter I have to venture a bit of a distance to find all of the organic stuff I want to buy in organic form. I've also been trying to join a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) for produce next year during the growing season. The place I found that is closest to me has still not gotten back to me with the share price for 2009, and I'm hearing that other CSA's are either closed (all shares sold already) or getting close to that. I don't want to get left out, so I found a different one that is a little farther away, but doable last night on-line. This one sounds interesting as they require the share holders to commit to a certain amount of work on the farm. I think this would be good as I could learn a few things that would eventually apply to my own garden!!! So I hope they still have a 1/2 share available. That will take care of my late spring / summer / early fall organic produce needs! Pamina - what I really wanted to say was that I applaud you for developing a bereavement plan and finding some resources to help you - books and so forth. There must be a way to try to move through and beyond the grief - I can't imagine that our parents would ever want our lives to be filled with long term sadness after we lose them. I hope you will feel up to sharing some about this as you work through it as I know I will be filing away the info to be recalled when I (unfortunately) will need it.

Netflix rocks!! Also, there is another free (and LEGITIMATE) web site that Mr. Doggy just told me about last week. Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free.. I guess all the network TV stations are on board with this. I haven't dug around much, but it looks like they have lots of TV shows and movies available "on demand." I'm sure that site will come in handy before winter is over!

Well, I need to get Mr. Doggy up and moving. We still need to mow over the yard one more time to finish mulching in the rest of the leaves. And when I say "we" of course I mean "he." It's supposed to start snowing later and maybe even for the next day or two. If we have to have cold dark winter, I like to have snow to brighten things up. I think I'm the only one though!

Today is my SMART face to face meeting and I look forward to that as usual. I can understand why people like AA (even if they have issues with some of the AA fundamentals) or any other face to face type group as a compliment to on-line support. I find it refreshing to be In Real Life with others where I can be completely honest about my addiction.

Other than that, I see a lazy day coming with some reading and maybe a little movie watching on the agenda!

Have a wonderful sober day everyone!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

LOL, DG! "I'm going to mark this" sound just so...... doggy! :H:H:H

I let little doggie sleep on the bed last night and there was an interesting interchange with the cat. Cat rubbing head on little doggie - I though OK this is working out well, but when little doggie began working out on the cat's butthole, much to the cat's delight (hey, you know cats - why do it yourself when someone else will do it for you ) I had second thoughts. And thirds.

I have a full day starting with a pot of tea and unpacking. Then on to laundry, grocery shopping, mail, and the office. Many pots of tea. I remember that I never unpacked (or packed) a suitcase without several drinks. That explains some of the things I took (or didn't) out of town. :H No more suprise suitcases for me!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

:H Greenie no fair getting me laughing like that before 8AM!!!!!!! Oh yes, the critter world where there is no shame. LOL at your cat and dog. Don't get me started on my bisexual Beagle, and how I know so much about his preferences.

How was the letterboxing over Thanksgiving? If you posted about it in another thread, just point me in the right direction. I want to read about it!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Letterboxing was good! I found a bunch and found a hitchihiker which I brought back to leave in a box here. some My sister and I looked for but they were "missing". sometimes park rangers monitor them and remove them because they are "against park rules". That puzzles me because it gives people a "reason" to visit parks, get the exposure, fees benefit them, etc. But oh well.... We made a hitchhiker and left it and it has already been found. Pretty day at a really nice park with lots of good trails. Took lunch and ate at a picnic table on a hillside overlooking a beautiful valley/mountain view. Then wandered up to the historical house and listened to a couple play muic (guitar and fiddle) who were quite good and told interesting, amusing stories. I had a really good time away. Very good for my little green soul
        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, all! DG, I am envious that you have face-to-face SMART Recovery meetings nearby! I am thinking about starting one of those groups, or a Women For Sobriety group, here in town; not sure I have the mental energy to create a whole new program/project in me, at least right now; but in a few months, perhaps.

Yes, cats, dogs, and interesting behavior... enough said for now! I love 'em, of course, and they can do pretty much what they want. The worst thing any of them does is the yowling that Jezebel starts on about an hour before it's time for her to eat... Loud, persistent, insistent yowling, and looking at me as if I am incompetent, or an idiot, or both.

Gotta check out that Hulu thing. It must have a lot of advertising somehow embedded in it?

Last night watched "Widows' Peak" (a film) ... it was good, but not great. I tried an episode of "Weeds," was not impressed. I LOVE "House of Cards" (British TV), and "The Visitor" (a film) was great. "Ballykissangel" (more British TV) is pretty good.

Must visit Mother today. Taking her a little Christmas tree with the lights already attached... Today it snowed, another winter with my steep (toboggan run!) driveway...

I hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

Hi Everyone:

I'm immersed in g-kids, cooking, shopping, decorating. I just wanted to check in & let all of you know I'm doing OK. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi everyone

Not a good day for me - i'm struggling on my own with both my kids sick, one up half the night vomiting the other has a fluey cold like me with a temp of 40 - haven't had chance to get on line much, but just wanted to say hi! and despite all this, I haven't been tempted to have an alcoholic drink!!

Comment

Good morning/evening Keets and all! Morning down here, 6.20am, another blissful awakening, clear of head and light of heart. Keets, hope you got through last night - two weeks today my friend, and it only took a day lol...For me One Day At A Time, I remain happy, joyous and free!
                *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Nice to meet you, Saus and reeteach, hope the kids feeling better saus. WIP, what is SMART?

Comment

Hi again!

Greenie that letterboxing sounds COOL. I know you provided web links before - in addition to that are there any good books available on the subject that I might be able to check out from the library? I'm facinated! Hitchhikers!! I take it you are supposed to move those to different locations? There must be some communication involved i.e. new clues or something? (just guessing here!)

Oh....and it sounds like there might be a few park rangers power trippin' or havin' too much time on their hands??? (my apologies I hope I didn't offend anyone!)

WIP I hope your visit with your Mom goes nicely like the last one did! Oh - and I want to come and tabogan (sp) on your driveway!! That sounds like fun.

Oh Sausage I'm sorry to hear the kiddos are sick. I hope YOU are feeling better? Sounds like a bug is officially circulating through your family. At least no AL cravings to take the situation from bad to worse! Hope all of you are feeling better soon. Is your hubby home now?

Hi Mary. I hope you are having fun with the seasonal festivities / g-kids!

Hi Kap - joyous and FREE sounds good! SMART is the SMART recovery system. SMART Recovery?. There are several folks here who like some/all of what MWO has to offer (for me, the supplement program is at the top of my MWO fave list) and also some of what SMART has to offer which is more structured exercises to modify our thinking and behaviorn patterns about AL. I love both. (I'm not WIP but I don't think she'll mind that I answered that!)

WIP, I think you'd make an awesome leader for a SMART or Women for Sobriety group in your area! I hope you look further into that when the time is right for you. You have a lot to offer IMO.

The SMART meeting was interesting today. We got talking about amino acid / supplementation and it's potential impact on recovery / sobriety. These guys of course are well versed in the SMART program (and AA) but not so much programs like MWO or 7 Weeks to Sobriety. (other than the sticker shock of the supplement packages sold by 7 Weeks to Sobriety, which I saw before too and had sticker shock!) One guy expressed concern that maybe messing with this amino acid stuff (i.e. L-Glut) was treading on dangerous ground. I quickly pointed out the absolutely toxic quantities of alcohol we have all confessed to consuming for many years, and then said "huh???" It was fun and I think some eyes are now open to considering some new elements to some personal recovery programs!

Now I'm off to make a final decision about thsi CSA (Community supported agriculture) stuff. Am I turning into an obnoxious health nut? (please say yes!)

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hiya doggyg, thanks heaps for that info - will check it out. I am an obnoxious fitness freak when I am not an obnoxious drunk - I sure know which is better!!!!!

Comment

DG, look at atlasquest.com It tells you all about it. So does letterboxing.org, but atlasquest is set up to geve you more information along with the clues given by the planter. Like is it kid, dog, bike friendly; need a compas, money to get in, hike distance, first aid, etc.
                        sigpic

Comment

How I struggled tonight - think it was the relief of end of a stressful difficult weekend. My husband opened a bottle of white wine and I was SO tempted - worst craving in ages - anyway I posted on the Need help ASAP thread - and very quickly got lots of responses - ended up viewing some of the "rain in my heart" BBC documentary , about 4 alcoholics (2 die during filming) and that put me right off -and I remained AF for the evening.

Hope everyone else is having an easier time than me, remaining AF !

Comment

Sausage - I AM SO GLAD YOU CHOSE TO STAY SOBER!!!! That rocks - especially during the tough times. YOU GO GIRL! Good for you being tough and coming here and using the resources! Nothing is worth drinking for.

Hugs to you my friend for a job well done. I know it's an extra challenge dealing with alcohol in your home. I'm proud of you!!!!! You prove to yourself and all the rest of us that WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

They’re gone….thank GOD!! Can you tell my family makes me a bit neurotic!

Doggy, have you considered finding others who want to eat organic and make your own CSA. I’m part of a small group of buddies who collectively share. We call it the mutual mooch agreement. I just handed out tons of brussel spouts and they were very nice. We share what we can and it works nicely.
                              And I too love whole foods, only 200 plus miles for me. It is near my rents. After this weekend, it will be a while before I venture there.

Greeny, what is up with the cat butt?? It is a prob here. ickkkkkk

WiP….Jezabel???

Mary, enjoy the kids!! Don’t forget to take time for yourself.

Sausage, I understand…and understand. Not easy when you’re on your own, chin up!

Kep, newZ, I am jealous!

Hope the rest of you are well.
                              I encourage you lurking and reluctant to post to jump in and post. We are here to support each other. Well one holiday down and 2 to go. I am holding my breath.

Love to all, nat
                              Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Working...
                              X