Mod Squad Weekly Thread December 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everybody. Jeez, got lots to tell so I figured I'd start our weekly thread.

Ok. You guessed it without me even having to say it. I f-ed up pretty badly. Thursday (thanksgiving) started the downhill binge. I'd had 4 glasses of wine, got a headache and didn't feel well or happy on Friday. Friday night, at the last minute, son was asked to sleep over BIL's house. I told my husband to stop at the state store to buy a small bottle of vodka. I haven't had that juice in a very long time. We had two martini's each with three lite beers. Way more than my limit and broke several of my rules. Needless to say, I was depressed and hungover for Sat. which was my son's family birthday party. So, I get the house ready, have approximately 35 people here. BIL brought a bottle of vodka. Didn't break into that right away, but started with a beer. I drank beer and vodka again. Not good. I did drink it slowly, had water in between each drink, but the rules I broke outweigh any new strategies I applied. I failed badly the past three days. My liver is screaming at me.

I just took out my plan to see how many rules I actually did break, and rewrote some things I need to be more vigilant on - Stay away from vodka. No more than 4 drinks during a long session (like last night) people were here from 4-10:00. That's a long freaking session. Gosh. Don't mix at all. I'm abstaining now until the 19th (my work x-mas party). Usually when I binged, it would be longer than three days, and many of those days would entail blacking out. I was able to talk normally to my guests - no slurring, and I think it was because I took breaks and drank water in between.

I read the posts since Thursday, and I'm so thankful to you all. Peri - I'm pickin' myself up by my bra straps. Right now. I took your advice and went to a thread to help someone and it did feel good.

Zed, I think I'm in love with you and I bet all the other women here are too! You are just a wonderful, caring, loving person. Thank you for being here for us. Sun, thanks, and everyone, I love you guys. I'm going to be back here to tell you that I'm feeling great, and that I'm back on track.

You all are such a big part of my recovery and getting back on when I've fallen off. Thanks for picking me up.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

hi J-vo
    Read your post, responded, lost it, now the kids are back from sledding. Good topic - how to get thru holiday dinners. Thanks for being honest - have to run!
    Hi Modders, back later!

Comment

where is the Mod Squad, anyways?

Comment

Hi Lila and whomever will read this,
        It's Sunday night and/or Monday morning, so many modders are getting ready for bed or starting their work week. I was reading some other threads in another forum entitled "Taste or High." That's a good question. I know when I'm feeling good about myself, a nice dinner is planned, and the taste of the drink is important. Then there are times, and not just necessarily times when I'm H.A.L.T. that I want to get high from the alcohol. And I question myself whether I can be a modder, because modders don't do what I did this past weekend. But holidays are like that. People were drinking just like I was. The problem is when the binge days lead into binge weeks and binge months. I was already concerned with my one day a week 4-5 drinks. But then I think, wait, that's way better than what I used to do. Now I'm looking at this past weekend thinking, Oh shit, that looks as though I'm heading down the wrong road. I want to mod, but now I don't know if I can or if I'm right for it. I'm soooooooooo confused right now.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

me too, J-vo. Tonight I have had at least 3 drinks. I don't know why. Holidays?

Comment

Take it easy girls. You are both fine. Yes, once in a while it will happen. Last night I did the deed. Went down to the store, picked up that bottle of wine just before closing. Drank the whole thing needless to say. Alone at home. Taste or High? High.

Anyway, the POINT IS we KNOW and recognize that we f*d up. So that's more than half the battle I think. For the longest time I did not see it. I did not know. As I ploughed through my 20s and early 30s like a drunken wreck. But now I know. And you know. And we know.

So pick yurselves UP by the bra-straps ladies. BB is picking himself up by the boxer straps. It hurts! But that's the point.

GOOD WEEK to us all! Deebers where are you?????

St John. GB. Vera..... Vera, oh Vera...

Vlad... I see from old Drink Tracker the you have brought it down to a more manageable 2 pints per day... with an AF day every so often! Hope you can sustain that... looks much healthier.

z

C'mon Squad. Let's get this party started!

Comment

Morning everyone, -6 here. Was defrosting my car, only to realise I had ice on the INSIDE of the windscreen as well. Not funny and you can't scrape it off without it snowing inside of your car. Hubby wanted to run his car to defrost it but has no spare key, so I parked my car over the end of the drive to block it in. Well, there was a knock on the door, it was the police with hubby's car keys in hand, apparently it's unsafe to even do that because anyone intending to steal the car would have just rammed my car out of the way. The police are right and I'm grateful they were looking out for us.

Anyway, vodka is my downfall too - this I've had to accept this November too, thought I'd be OK but found myself sneaking the odd extra drink in, hence there was a 6 somewhere at one point on my tracker last month. Obviously I count a double vodka as a single drink. My rules are to stick to no more than 2 drinks on a week day and a max of 3 on a Saturday - this is the new bit, it used to be a max of 4 and I'm finding this a bit hard. Felt a bit hard done to at the weekend cos I couldn't have my 4th drink but I stuck with it. I do allow myself vodka in the pub, that way it's restricted (and expensive!). The money aspect helps, especially has AL has just gone up in price anyway.

Arrrrrrrrrrgh, my hands are freezing. The tempature in our building is not much different to outside!!! Everyone is sat tapping away on their computers with coats and scarves on.

On a modding front, Christmas should be OK for me, I will be AF Christmas Eve as I don't want to risk being drunk in church for the midnight service. Christmas Day should be quite moderate as my family are moderate drinkers, although I am at my brother's and he keeps vodka in the house and it will be a temptation.

New Year's Eve will be the real tester for me though.
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

thank you Zed, for the kind words of encouragement...I will pick myself up by the bra straps, lots of things I am worried about, hate how worrying about things makes my brain more greedy-ish. Not really that, but different. I think I want to focus more on spirituality, otherwise things i worry about seem to have more power over me. Hope you are feeling better today! The world looks more scary, doesn't it? What do you think of all of this?
                Where is everyone? It sure was a quiet weekend here!
                Lila

Comment

I'm here Lila!
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

hi Vlad! How are you doing?

Comment

I'm good - ready for a sensible December.

Comment

Sensible? Well, that is a goal. Last night we had a fire in the fireplace. I think I closed the damper too early. It is supposed to be a big heat loss, but it is so cheery. I am fighting SAD, seasonal depressionl. What does sensible mean?

Comment

Was talking from a modding perspective. Sensible as in not drinking too much. Sorry you're feeling down - I felt a little down yesterday, think the commercial aspect of Christmas was getting to me.

Anyway, putting the decorations up tonight, well I will have to clean first... getting a tad dusty. You can't put decorations up on top of dust. Gross.

Comment

I know what you mean. I have kids, and it is nice how they really like all the little Christmas traditions we have. It is so nice and cozy to have Christmas season, all that. I don't have much money for toys this year.

Comment

I don't have kids - I listen to all the stresses and strains of people on this site and I think, no wonder they drink/drank. I had no excuses really. Just obsessed I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X