Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Jakes Response to my request for help with alcohol abuse

We would like to extend our appreciation to you for contacting The Potter's
    House and for allowing us the privilege of standing with you in prayer. Your
    prayer e-mail will be forwarded to our prayer counselors. Your subject matter
    was Substance Abuse. We'd like to send the following prayer to you to pray on
    your own behalf. Also, following this prayer, are some additional scriptures
    that you might find helpful in your current situation.

"Father God, You are a present help in trouble. In the Name of Jesus, I need
    Your help. God, You said in Your Word that if I confess my sins, You, Lord, are
    faithful and just to forgive me my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

Father, You promised if any man be in Christ that he is a new creature. Old
    things are passed away and all things are become new. I ask now, in the Name of
    Jesus, that You purge me with Your cleansing herb, hyssop, so that I can be
    clean. Wash me and make me whiter than snow. Hide Your face from my sins, and
    blot out all my iniquities.

I understand that I was bought with the price of Jesus' blood and I am not my
    own. Father, I belong to You. Please help us from this day forward to glorify
    You in my body. In Jesus' Name I pray and thank You for hearing me. Amen."

Scripture references: Psalm 46:1; 1 John 1:9; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Psalm 51: 7,
    9; 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

God Bless,
    The Potter's House Staff

I don't know if this is helpful for anybody else, but I wanted to share it just in case.

Brandy

Re: TD Jakes Response to my request for help with alcohol ab

Thank you. That is very nice. I only have the New Testament that I hardly read and the Book of Psalms that I pull out every once in awhile and become totally enthralled. You have done the work for us!
    CB

Comment

Re: TD Jakes Response to my request for help with alcohol ab

wow--this is really interesting, the hyssop part. A version of the New Testament has Jesus on the cross being offered the sponge with sour wine or vinegar on a branch of hyssop. Hyssop is a widely used flavoring in the Mediterranean area, and is called "the holy herb"--used in foods by several cultures, including Jews and Muslims. In ancient Britain it was used as an antiseptic (mixed with sugar and applied to wounds) and strewed on the floor as a contraceptive against illnesses. It is being widely used again in aromatherapy and herbal medicine because its properties are being recognized by the medical community once more.

Ter

Comment

Prayer

Thank you for sharing that ....all of you.

I have actually grown some hyssop before...
        Maybe I'll try it again.

Brandy, Have you heard back from the Potter's House?
        There are so many christians struggling with all kinds of problems, it would probably break our hearts to know about it all. Just think about how Jesus must feel. He died to set us free and we just keep being bound up in stuff!
        :rolleyes
        Thanks again for sharing.
        Nancy

Comment

Working...
        X