Lance will ride the Tour!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lance Armstrong announce today he will ride the 2009 Tour de France. Here is the link to the ABC news story. He says he will ride for the "Strongest rider."
    vegan zombies want your grains

Wow!!! Damn!!! Of course he will be a HUGE magnet for drug testing... What do you think, CC, did he dope, or not? I suspect he did... but also I think he was pressured by "everybody else" who was doping.

Comment

I have a theory that when Lance was a teen that he was pressured to dope, and that is what gave him the cancer. I also think that after he was treated for cancer that he did not dope. I have read a lot about Lance, he is my personal Hero, he inspired me to quit Smoking cigarettes and in a way he inspired me to quit drinking although it took bloody long enough for me to do it hahahaha.

The drugs that Lance took to cure him of the cancer also are the same drugs (EPO) that athletes take to improve their performance. Lance's physical body changed after the cancer (his upper body gained muscle mass) which helped his stamina among other things. Lance also had some other things going for him, a stubbornness, drive, money, dedication to one goal, and an incredible coach in Johan Bruyneel that helped him win seven tours.

Lance rode his bike every day for seven years. Every. Day. For. Seven. Years. That is why he won, not because he was doping. There are lots and lots of people who don't believe Lance could have won seven tours de france without doping. I'm not one of those people.

Comment

I'm certainly a fan, too. Iron determination!!! I am inclined to forgive him if he did do some of the "gray area" doping, I guess. Maybe I shouldn't be. Anyway, this will be VERY interesting!

OK, I give up, do tell, what does "I will not surprise the incontinent" mean???

Comment

Bart Simpson wrote it on the blackboard. I guess it means if you surprise an incontinent person he/she might wet him/herself. ;-)

Comment

cycle, i too am very excited about Lance riding again. He has agreed to have his testing results made public although it hasn't happend yet. Yep, Lance is my hero too.
            Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

OK, good, another one then. Do you follow European cycling? I am a real cycling nerd.

Comment

Of course he'll ride.....The tour is nothing without Lance.....Here's Lance at two.....Ha! IAD.
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well, here's Lance as a baby. Doesn't that kitchen just SCREAM 1970's Texas? LOL. Attached files [img]/converted_files/720244=4380-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Cycle, have not really followed European racing much. Maybe that should be a new hobby for me. I used to race some and would love to get back into it again.
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Cycle, check this out.... the french sure do hate him.

Tour officials ho-hum about Armstrong's return - USATODAY.com

Comment

This is exciting. I am a big cycle fan, and a Lance fan too. I don't race, but love to ride. One dream for me is riding in France. I've done tours in Ireland, Scotland, England, Greece, Switzerland . . . but never France.
                        Ask

Comment

I’m jealous....love Scotland

Comment

Cyclefan, inspired by Lance's comeback, I just ordered a new trainer from Bike Nashbar today! Well okay, I sold my old one and we have time indoor time trials coming up that our team sponsors so I need to get my butt in shape.

Think lance will mind if I borrow his quads??
                            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

OMW, I Think by now the feeling is mutual LOL! Ask I'm rather jealous. I don't ride much anymore my hip joints don't move as well as they used to, bike riding kind of pummels them.

AA, trainer is the way to go in Chicagoland in winter I think. Do you follow cyclocross at all? Meeting with the accountant this morning, may be sporadic checking in today.

Comment

Working...
                              X