AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Yeh, yeh. So here it is, a bit after midnight, and so I must take the onerous duty of starting today's AF thread.

I actually have nothing to say. Ok, maybe I will think of something. Like how nice it is to have brushed my teeth before getting into bed. Like how nice it is to have packed lunches for the kids tomorrow. Like how nice it is to look forward to reading the next chapter in the great book I'm reading. Like how good those 6 pieces of chocolate were... oops, maybe that was a little over the top.

Have a great day one and all. I will be checking back later (after I have slept a few hours and finished off that triathalon).

"see" you all soon.

p.s.

Today's joke:

How can you tell the psychiatrists from the patients on the psych ward?

The psychiatrists take their meds.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Beatle,

Will wait with bated breath to hear how you did on the triathalon. :H:H

Meanwhile, I will go running around the block and beat the dogs off that everyone lets loose. That keeps me going!!

Umm. Nope. Have got a fire started in the fireplace, the tree lit and it is sweet here. I think I will just stay inside. Perhaps I could dance around a while and get some exercise? Hah.

Had a good visit with the doctor. It went well. She put me on a ton of meds. Kind of scares me but I am going to do it anyway.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Hi all - thanks for the starting thread, Beatle.

Cinders, great to see your motivation re you meds - pretty important ay....and your gratitude...yeah, I wouldn't wash or brush teeth for days on end whilst on a bender - these wee gifts in our sobriety are HUGE ay...YAY!!!

It's a glorious sunshiny day here, I am grateful for that, too
      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Beatle I used to do triathalons a while back. Fun sport. Your legs feel so wierd when you first start running after the bike leg. Little baby steps!

Cindi, good on you for your attitude on the meds. I saw my MD today and it was nice to have blood drawn and not worry about my liver results.

Hubby gets served court papers tomorrow. I feel anxiety over that but I sure as hell wont' drink over it. Cindi, look at my poem "An Ode to AL" (which was actually for estranged one) in laughing out loud. :H

Kaponium, yes - I didn't bother with lots of things when drinking. didn't even take supplements when I needed them the most. Duh!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Hi greeneyes - hope anxiety levels not overwhelming....anxiety is the one thing I need to keep in check of most - on a situation-to-situation basis...do you know the Serenity Prayer? If you not a "Godder" the words are good anyway: Grant me the serenity to ACCEPT the (people/places and) things I cannot change, courage to change the (p/pl)things I can, and the WISDOM to know the difference. I find it better than counting to ten (!)

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

gosh - it feels like a long time since I have posted on this thread ........ and it is even the right day (Friday)!!. With time differences, it sometimes feels a bit weird posting on "yesterday's" thread! And I have been traveling a lot lately sans laptop.

Plus I sometimes notice that seasonal changes can affect the "tone" of the thread ...... I really felt it back in July/August when lots of people here were very up-beat, and I was in the middle of winter.

Really wish I could send some sun and Vit D to everyone!! Kap - have you got any on the West Coast to spare??! If you've got the sun, I've got the wind to blow it around the world .... (guess where?!)

Good on you cinders and greenie for the meds and blood tests! I've been sticking to my meds for 2 months now and all of the side effects have disappeared .... plus it is helping me to sleep better (not being able to sleep was the main reason why I kept finding it hard to work on this earlier this year.)

It is a beautiful Friday evening here. I'm not planning a late night as I have an early start in the morning (5:30!!) for a swim lesson. I posted on the Dec abbercise thread about some BHAGS (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) for 2009 and my first one is a 2.8km ocean swim in late January. I'm doing the pool stuff in the evening, so it is a good way of avoiding Xmas drinks! Haven't quite been brave enough to get into the sea yet, but wet suit is out and ready for when I am!!
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Hey Aunty - plenty of Vit D going down in the West of SOuth today - but we NEED IT ALL!!! Man we have had some rain in November ( probably most of the month) - nice to meet you ay.

Ocean swim sounds very adventurous - good one...look forward to seeing more of you.
              Beautiful, sober and serene evening going down here

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Hiya Kapo, and all to come. And thankyou Beatle for starting the thread. Beautiful evening here too!..

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

What a difference fine warm weather makes ay gat - of course I don't mind winter, but we've had our turn! Good to see you> Any good music events happening in your part of Auz this weekend? Anyway, hope you all good mate

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Hello Kapo, good to see you too. Plenty of good gigs in Melbourne town this w/kend, but i'm not playing any myself...I'm doing a regular weeknight in a bar as a country/roots sort of thing, which isn't exactly my preference, but i got plenty a room for plenty of guitarin', so i'm happy with that....What you up too?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Tomorrow I start a new job weekend cheffing at local funky wee cafe called D P One. Is same cafe we played at a couple of years ago when I was fronting a band - I was SLAUGHTERED, and don't remember much. Luckily it was a punk band and my condition was probably dam near expected of me LOL. Anyway, looking forward to the creative side of cooking again, lots of tourists about just now. Just been to AA mtg - very lighthearted and fun, whilst getting the message across....So it's another day won , clean and sober - gotta love it! Sunday we have a harpist and a flautist playing at the local art gallery, that will be awesome!

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Kap...Harp and flute are two of my favourites. A old g/friend of mine is an awesome flautist, and she's coming out from U.K. for some gigs next year, so will be great to catch up.... I'm sure with your positive attitude, your day tomorrow as Madame chef will be a good one... All the very best with it....G.

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

P.S. Funny about the punk band.....People might be whispering...' Nah,...thats not her'.....is it?....

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

Good morning all. Day five and getting stronger as each day goes by. Its going to be a good Crimbo.
                            My parents used a harpist during there 30 year singing career and collect vintage harps. a beautifull complex instrument.
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

AF Daily, Friday, Dec. 5

I wouldn't fancy lugging one onto a bus to head to practice, cym, but yes a sexy as instrument!!
                              Gat, as for the ex-punk recognition thing, my reputation in this one-horse town preceded me many years ago, lucky I don't give (that much of) a shite!! Am still a darn good cook AND singer lol...
                              I think people are mainly gob-smacked more and more these days when they DON'T see me staggering up the street with bottle!!

Comment

Working...
                              X