Making myself welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making myself welcome

Well, since there's no posts here, guess I'll put one in!:w Being the "New Girl "...on the boards, and all... Just trying to get used to where things are here...

Wierd ... it kinda feels like 8 months of my life... just dissapeared, while I was at work! Came home, got on the computer, & everythings GONE!..... At least it's not because I got drunk & forgot where I put it!, Judie
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Making myself welcome

Hey Jude,

We didn't move - we just chose another river. Keep pedallin' - I'm right behind ya!

Yeee-ha!!!!

Tawny

Comment

Making myself welcome

paddle, paddle, swoosh, splash!

Hey Tawny! How's it going... Down unda? Long time no talky! Been missin ya !:s Hope to catch ya in chat soon!:w Later...:l , Judie

Comment

Making myself welcome

Here I go away for just a couple of days and I am wiped out as a member! Had to reregister. So how arer you mods doing? I had a slippy last night. Abs today.

Ivy

Comment

Making myself welcome

Hey Ivy, We've all become "Juniors"! OMG!! I hope I don't have to go back to a 12 pk a day & start all over! ....I don't think I can "call-in" dead.. that many times @ the job I have now... They know my track record from loonng ago! Good to see ya back around!:l ..., Judie

Comment

Making myself welcome

Well, living in a small town as I do here... ( really live upstream 10 mi out of town... it's that small of a town!)
            I served someone dinner tonight, that I know from AA, from months ago(about 8mo...to be exact.. before I found MWO!)... I asked if he'd like something besides water to drink with his meal: and his reply was something to the effect of " oh yeah, but I can't start over at this point ... no way... if I start now,...."

I just kinda shrugged and said, "yeah you might want to check out the program I'm doing".

It just seems so wrong that AA is the only "game in town"...
            Well it's not really ... I found this site. I just feel, like this place & everyone here has helped me sooo much. My life has completely been turned around . I can't imagine going back to those basements with those rank smells & announcing to everyone there ... that I have a disease, that's incurable, & I have no power or will of my own ! And if I happen to "fall off of the allmighty wagon"... then I have to start all over !!! What a CROCK OF SH*T!! Sorry! But that to me is not progressive thinking! that is death by stygma!

Thank you RJ:h and everyone here for making this happen!

"Argue for your limitations.... and sure enough,... they're yours!" R. Bach

Comment

Making myself welcome

Am I in the right place?

I've been out of pocket too, for a few days. Sure hope I came to the right place. I'd hate to think I'll be telling all to folks I don't know. It's good to see familiar names, since everything else looks so unfamiliar. Guess we'll get used to it in time. The other board was new to us as well, when we came to it the first time. I haven't been the good girl I should have been during my absence. I have been moderating, but each evening. Instead of the 8 or 9glasses of vino each night, I have been having 1 or 2 each night. When I was sipending more time with you guys, here at MWO, and doing the entire program, I did better at abs for several days before bibing. We have been so busy and under a lot of pressure in our volunteer work, and one evening I was so weak, I broke, then the next, then the next, then the next.:s I am thankful, however, that I ain't back to what I once wuz. I promised myself, and my hubby, that I would never go back to that place again, and I meant it. I feel so much better. Don't know how often you'll see post's from me till we finish with our work here, but I'll drop in when I can. God Bless you all.
              :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

Making myself welcome

This is a retry to see if my avitar appears this time.
                :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

Making myself welcome

Hey Eliziby!:w back! Good to see YA! Things have changed a bit here... But not everything! I've been real busy too, & haven't had as much time on the boards as I used to, but, I think that's the case all over with the "summer frenzy"... Take care, :l , Judie

Comment

Making myself welcome

Help...I'm new at this...

Hi there:
                    I am not certain how any of this works, I've set a date to start program (after a planned vacation at the beach where my twin sister will join us and she drinks more wine then I do). Can someone explain how these "threads" work, never done this kind of "chat" stuff before (I know I've been under a rock). Also, I live in Atlanta, how do I find a doctor for meds and other people that are doing MWO?? Appreciate the help, I can not wait to feel in control again, it's been a rough time.
                    Christine

Comment

Making myself welcome

Hi Cristine!

:welcome: If you go back to the main page. Click on "Our Community" Then go to the blue "Forums" section just below it.
                      Keep scrolling down the forums till youm come to Monthly Moderation.
                      We have a daily check-in, where you will get a bit more interaction & resonse. We're a pretty friendly group... come on over!

Also, if ya want to get into chat, just go back to the main page. And there's a place at the left in blue that says chat. Click on that.

I think I've got all that right.... I'm still figuring out this new board myself... , Judie

Comment

Making myself welcome

Finding a doc.

Hi Chris,

Well, it's a question of whether you feel comfortable telling your regular doc and if you think he she will cooperate. I hear you can get topa over the internet too. maybe a canadian pharmacy that has a doc who will write the rx for you. That's a last resort since it is good to have a doc monitoring your condition. But goodness knows I haven't had the guts to tell my doc yet. I just ordered the supps and will try that for a while.

Just click on the category, say General Discussion, then click on any thread that interests you. For chat, click on it and it will give you instruction to log in and then hit the space bar.

Good luck! We all need it!!!
                        Ivy

Comment

Making myself welcome

Do the supps work

Comment

Making myself welcome

Yes they do work but they need to be used with other aspects of this program. I do not use topa, but I do use the supps, the cds and the drink tracker to keep me where I want to be.

Laura
                            Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Working...
                            X