Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I shall start!

Hi Kate,

I'm at day 31 which for me is long term! I'm committed and confident I will never touch the poison again. It's so much better being on the road to health and happiness!

Where's Brigid?:w

Well I shall start!

Hi guys, I'm on day 45 and dont really know where I am goin from here. At least to 60 but I dont have it figured out yet. I was never gonna do abs so this is all a surprise to me. Something has just takin over. (I think its called topamax) see ya later. gabby
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Well I shall start!

Question for you Gabby:

Congrats on your abs...Obviously you are on the topamax. what strength are you up to? Are you having any cravings at all? At what dosage did they stop or become bearable???

Thanks!

I am STILL waiting for my orders!! Can't wait to get back on it again..

Comment

Well I shall start!

Hi: I'm going on 3 months as of July 28th and this is great for me. I've only quit for 5 weeks at a time last year and the year before. I understand from my counsellor who is an "AA" member that it takes about 3 months to get the physical cravings to slowly disappear! So far so good, I'm just on Kudzu root and the L-glutamine along with my regular supps I take daily.

Comment

Well I shall start!

Hey Chums--Count me in!! 3 1/2 months---and I agree that it's a much, much better life on this side of alcohol (BEHIND me rather than in FRONT of me!!!)
          Look forward to continuing on down this path with y'all....

:h
          susan
          "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Well I shall start!

This is my favorite section of the new board- if you guys can do it, I can to- all a matter of choice. Thanks for setting the bar high and providing the inspiration you do.

Comment

Well I shall start!

51 Days 8 HRS 19 Seconds.....But its not bothering me.....HONEST
              LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
              IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Well I shall start!

The Beast

Hey Y'all,
                3 1/2 months for me too Susan .. today is 15 weeks exactly. So glad to have this forum. There are so many things I think about as I get further into abs. Happy to see you all here, and Kate, thanks for taking the time out of your busy rhyming schedule to start this thread.

Comment

Well I shall start!

Hi chaps and chappesses. I am here.
                  I've been away on holidays. Well, skiing, tho I'm really really bad at that, I can still have fun.

Ok. So, I'm now abstinent 8 and a half months. No topomax or meds. But organic diet, exercise, determination, vitamins and determination and meditation and determination.

I'm blowed if I'm going back where I came from and if that means I have to stay this way, thats fine by me. I dont think I have the consitution or the will to try to drink differently. I know I got it wrong getting to this point, why go back there.

Brigid

Comment

Well I shall start!

Hi Brigid,

Nice to see you!

Tawny

Comment

Well I shall start!

Hey Tawny,
                      I logged on yesterday to register.. this is so typical.. I find change so bloody hard (even pc and website changes) and could hardly find my way around the new forum..) so I have even more work to do on myself to find where I want to go on this forum to find the people and comments that help me!!!!

I know where to find this bit.. so tell me did the ny convention happen? How you going? Anything I need to know?
                      Brigid

Comment

Well I shall start!

Hi Brigid, I think the NY convention isn't until August 5th or so. Still time to jump in!

Kate, I am with you 100% on the black and white simplicity of abs. Isn't it amazing that drinks don't seem that enticing when measured against everything we gain in abstinence? I'm happy for the first time in years, happier than i can ever remember in just living, and not because of any outside influence. Sometimes I think it would be nice to join in when people are partying, but I know that it wouldn't be fun for long. The bottom line is that if I drink the way I want to, it would be alone and a lot. Just like you, I drink to get drunk. I just am not a social drinker in my heart of hearts. Maybe someday I will feel differently, but this is the path I want to be on right now, and without resistance, it's a beautiful way to live. So I have every intention of living every day as a non-drinker indefinitely. Cuz it sure ain't broke!!

Deirdre

Comment

Well I shall start!

Hey Brigid,

Lift your game! Any woman who can work out how to dance at the Habbo Hotel can find her way around this gorgeous new site.

Just in case you haven't yet - I'm fine, doing well. Thanks for asking.

Tawny

Comment

Well I shall start!

A beautiful way to live

"It's a beautiful way to live."

Couldn't have said it better myself Dierdre!

I've had an awesome month Flying into July on the Abs Board and look forward to hanging around this board alot more in the future.

Matt

Hi Brigid! How was skiing?

Comment

Well I shall start!

Never forget why you stopped

Hi All

I gave up alcohol completely for 18 mths, was in hospital with liver faliure and that scared the S**T out off me, sadley i had a bacardi breezer on holiday, just the one I told myself, the next drink I ordered was a doulbe vodka!! I am now battleing the booze once again ,so please dont start again, I wish to god I had not

Good luck to you all Whitestar

Comment

Working...
                              X