Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 21st

OK,

I haven' t EVEN figured it out yet, BUUUT....with time and practice I am sure I will (what's with us only able to use 4 icons??? I liked using those little guys!!

I was AF last night, surprisingly after how frustrated I was on this site!!I did have an open bottle of wine in the fridge so the opportunity was there, but I was determined to do it!! I feel good today but had pretty strange dreams!

Judie, I posted after 2 PM, so it didn't get put on the new site (said that I was proud that you came home w/ a 6 pack and glad you had a ball.....don't remember what else!!)

oh well, this will probably be it for today as I am using my coworkers computer while she is out, mine is a dinosaur and I can't get to the site now that it is so advanced....another !!! Advanced technology I guess!!! Well the good news is my computer is going to be updated later this month..........yeah!!!

HAPPY Friday everyone and happy mods to all!!!!!

Mary Anne:l

the 21st

question

OK, how do you get that nice picture next to your name?? Where do you go?? I'll try to gfigure out in the meantime........Mary Anne

Comment

the 21st

I'm here! Got re-registered and all.
      Swim season is finally over! Now we have a month to do what we please before school starts. I intend to fully enjoy every day with the boys. These summers fly by. Before I know it, I'll be getting him on the bus!
      Had my little indulgence of wine last night, after a week of not going overboard. Not 2 bottles, but 1 indeed. Kind of a "date night" with hubby...
      Anyhow, that was my one day of badness for the week! And if I can log it as 1 bottle, and not 12 drinks, ok, I can deal with that. Making up for it today. AF, even in the face of brutal PMS (sorry, guys).
      Tomorrow is group run, 7am, 9 miles scheduled. I messed that up 1 time exactly a month ago with drinking my PMS away, and refuse to do it again! I will eat a good carby dinner, hydrate, get to bed early, and be certainly, 100 percent AF. That makes a tremendous difference! I'll just have to suffer thru the cramps .
      Judie, I'm glad your trip went well!
      Mary Anne, glad you stayed AF yesterday. Why don't you do it again with me today? I think we all need some longer periods of non drinking, self included.
      Drink count is looking not too shabby this week, if I stay to 0 today and then tomorrow... keep it to a dull roar!
      Hubby told me this morning that he noticed I was drinking more days of the week--not quantity like before, but # of days, and he didn't want to see me slip back, because I was doing so well. I'm glad he said something. Good to have him on the watch, as it keeps me more honest!
      Geesh, I need a babysitter for pete's sake.
      Whatever works, I suppose.
      Becca

Comment

the 21st

I'm excited about this. I'm also excited that Barb not only lives in Dallas but has digestive problems. Wow, that's a sentence I never thought I'd say! Anyway, Barb, I tried to send you a message as well, but what with the changes and everything...I have re-registered, so you might check again. We should compare notes about how to get the intestinal thing under control. My large intenstine has been on vacation for the whole summer. I love my avatar. I reminds me of where I want to retire.

Mary, I'm so sorry about your pain. Physical pain does put us into the drinking mode because, let's face it, it works. Also, this has been a pretty challenging summer for you. You really need for someone to take care of you, don't you think?

In a week, we'll be going to Japan, and I'll see my son whom I haven't seen in a year. When he was 20 years old and a student at NYU, he walked into oncoming traffic on 2nd avenue trying to kill himself. It was in May. Someone spit on him, and he went to the side of the road and called the police. They put him in New York Metropolitan Hospital, where he was locked up in the psych ward with the homeless people. We brought him home, and put him in Presbyterian hospital, but the insurance we had dictated that the moment he was no longer suicidal he could no longer be hospitalized. He got better, but I lost faith in the mental health system. His psychiatrist would not talk to me about him because of confidentiality, even though the insurance company sent him to me to take care of. Later, years later, he married the wrong girl, the very wrong girl, and she left him for someone else and broke his heart, and I thought he wouldn't survive. I really thought he wouldn't make it. He was back in New York, living on the upper East side, and somehow he did survive, but in a very wounded way. He picked up a nasty alcohol habit, a dead end relationship, and a job that was going nowhere at the Museum of Natural History. Last year he chucked the whole thing and moved to Japan to teach English. I think he's happy, but I'll never have faith in his wellness again. So next week we see him, and I'm holding my breath. As soon as I come home, school starts, and then it's a horse race until graduation. I will carry this program in my heart as I head into this avalanche and know that I can pull up this bookmark whenever I want. Thanks.

Comment

the 21st

Hi all,
          Mary Anne, yes,this is an interesting change. technology can get the best of you on occasion. glad to hear you did not drink.

Becca, the PMS thing is so tough to get through without a drink. Even for years when I didn't relaly drink, I had one drink a month, either the day before, or the day of. I wish you luck on your run!

Sophia, my heart goes out to you and your son. It is so hard to watch a child, even an adult get hurt or wounded, physically, mentally etc. As moms, we want to still make sure their life is a happy event. I wish you the best with your trip! I hope you find him in way better shape than you thought.

Judie, hope your first evening back at work was pleasant!

I had one drink last night about 9:30 - was thinking I would make it an AF day. Just didn't. My youngest son got stuck in Chicago coming back from Europe, no room at the inn, because of the storm, plus they lost his luggage. He leaves tomorrow morning for Virgin Islands - with no real clothes to speak of, unless they come up with his bag. I can pick him up in ABQ at lunch time. I have a pretty full day which I am now trying to rearrange into tomorrow. Physical therapy for my shoulder again late this afternoon. Not promising AF but will make sure I do not go overboard!

Hugs to all,
          Mary

Comment

the 21st

Hey everybody! Just trying to figure this new system out...Hope everyone's having a great day.

Sophia, Ihope you find your son happy & healthy in Japan. Have a great trip!

Mary Ann, I'm trying to figure out how to do the photo, next to my name... about 1/2 way there, I think..? Is that one of your horses? Beautiful!

Becca, Did you get my mssg? yesterday, from the river? It was kinda windy, not sure if ya could understand me or not... I'll try later!

Mary, so glad to finally hear some good news about your Mom! Your son sounds like quite the adventurer! I miss my gypsy days... My little "mini- vacation", camping on the river, with just me & my doggie, brought back a lot of memories....
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

the 21st

The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

the 21st

im back and trying

Hi everyone,
                I was doing great but I totally gave up for a while.. about two weeks ago i started up the pogram again and am doing MUCH better. My husband and I went on a vacation by ourselves for the first time in 4 years and that is what threw me off the first time...i just let it ALL go at the beach...i came back and felt like I had blown all my hard work here...man i felt so down... I was embarassed to come and tell of my failure here...well after some time and thought i decided...you know what...i was feeling sooooo good before...i can start again...so here I am...since july 8th i have been working it again..50mm topa..all the supps...except when the all in one bugs my tummy...the cds at least 3 times a week....and im doing pretty good...in the last 14 days I have had 4 days of drinking and the rest AF...that is a pure miracle for me...the most i have had in one night is 4 1/2 glasses of wine....used to be 2 bottles at least.....so although I am ashamed I am not too ashamed to start again.... and come and tell you all about it....thanks for being here...i cant tell you what this board means to me....I have been looming around reading since I started back and you have all been doing so great! Keep it up and thanks for beeing here!:l RED:h

Comment

the 21st

Trying again too!

I've been on the fence about whether I commit to daily posting about my drink-a-log. Starting to see the need and importance for it. I too, red cardinal, overindulged on vacation in Maui back in June...kinda threw in the towel for a while. Had a REALLY bad day on Tuesday (Becca, right???) and decided I'd better get serious about this again. Came close to separating that day and felt ready to commit myself to an insane asylum . Yes, PMS was rearing it's ugly head :s , but so was a bit too much chardonnay and nerves about my new job. I don't do well with down time between shifts. Got back on the supps fully the next day and even listened to some hypno...big step for me! I have been here since Dec and know this program works from what I have witnessed thru others! Will try to be better at recomitting myself to this on a completely honest level. Hope that will help me. Gina

Comment

the 21st

hey everyone

Hi again!!

doing much better, as I am getting better acclamated to this "new technology", yeah, Mary, it can be difficult for us technologically (and speliing??) challenged folks!!

Becca, will try AF (but can't promise anythig as it IS Friday, and I don't know if I've ever explained my situation, drinking hubby...fish! will try though!!!

Sophia, sorry to hear about your son's rough life up until now, hope Japan was a change for the better, who knows, it may have been....good thoughts will be going his way from me.

Judie, no that is not my horse, they are grey and cream buckskin colored,but I did finally figure out the way to get the picture thing going!! And it went and put them all over my past posts.....thought that was cool, hope you had a lucrative firstnight back on the job!! Glad your camping trip brought back some good memories!! I love that!!

Mary, hope our shoulder pain gets better, I know mine kicks in often and that is enough to make me drink! Does often too......you've got alot on your plate, stay strong, I know you will with the strenght of all us on this board!!

Love,

Mary Anne:l :h

Comment

the 21st

Red Cardinal, it's great to see you back! In the words of the great Lance Armstrong "if you don't give up, you won't have anything to regret the rest of your life"...
                      Miss Gina, that goes double for you, sista.

Hey, I made it Alcohol free today! Thanks for the good wishes for tomorrow's run, everyone!

Comment

the 21st

Becca

I just LOVE your cape!

Tawny

Comment

Working...
                        X