Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen; we missed the boat on a book deal

BBC NEWS | Europe | France abuzz over alcoholic 'cure'
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

OMW,

Actually, RJ posted about this a couple years ago when it was only in JAMA.

I tried it!! I am allergic to it just like Topa. Grrrrrrrr.

I sure hope some serious studies come about because of this, though. I believe ongoing real research is critical.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I was just about to post this. you guys are ahead of me.:goodjob:

my question in regards to baclofen what are the side effects. also aren't muscle relaxants really strong? kinda like opiates?
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Trixie,

I tried the Baclofen. As I was dosing up, I did not notice much tiredness, etc.

Unfortunately, just like Topamax and Tegretol, I am allergic to Baclofen.

That sucks for me because all of the drugs listed above are also treatments for my Cluster Headaches and I can't take any of them.

It sure would've been nice to kill two bird's with one stone. (Okay, maybe not, why would I want to kill any birds?) But, damn.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi, have you ever looked into Feverfew (a medicinal herb)? Hubs took it before for headaches, it helped him. I may have asked you that before.
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

wow if it doesn't make one tired or foggy I can see that being a good option to seriously cut down. which is my next step. not doing bad moderating on my own, but when I am around drinkers it's hard to hold back and these days it seems that there are more drunks every where.
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
            X