Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 8th December

Morning Squad,

Only 2 and a bit weeks till Xmas -- can you believe it!!

Wow, busy weekend on the thread -- had 5 PAGES to get thru. I am sorry to hear that the weekend was tough going for some. Today is a new day and a new week -- I wish for you strength, courage and faith!

Firstly a HUGE and warm welcome to Keepwalking! This is a great thread, and we are all here to help and support one another. Yip it can be a bit nerve-wracking trying to figure out where you belong on the boards... stick with us!

Peri, I just love the sound of your plaque -- for me balance = moderation, they go hand in hand.

Dear Ducky, please share your cucumber and juniper berry recipe with me... I bought some juniper berries a while ago but don't have a clue what to do with them so that sounds like a plan. It is summer on my side of the world so I'm eating lots of salads and Quinoa and I'm growing my own cucumbers so your recipe sounds ideal.
    On a personal note, I was very sad to hear that you couldn't have kids -- it makes me wonder where is the justice in the world when people who SHOULD'NT be haveing children or dont' want children have a whole brood of them and then there are good people who can't -- I have to question the universe?!??!!

Vladster, what happened? Was this the left over vodka from the last time? What triggered you? Are you okay?

Lila, why are you mad with yourself?

Peri, thank you for sharing with us how difficult being an only parent is. I have been so fortunate in that my hubby is a GREAT Dad and is fully involved in my daughters life. When we discipline, we do it together. I get annoyed with him as he doesn't like attending school funtions so I end up going on my own but after reading your post it made me reaslise that I have so much else to be grateful for -- thank you for reminding me not to be so petty.

Sun, your weekend sound just heavenly. I tried to do some gardening on Saturday but we have had too much rain and digging was like trying to lift a slab of concrete the soil was too water-logged. I did manage to plant flowers in two hanging baskets. It reminds me of when I went to Scottland, every little town had magnificent displays of flowers in baskets hanging outside of the houses -- I believe the council provides them.

Well, my weekend was just great. Saturday I went down to my folks and my sister and I made one hell of a mess icing our Xmas cakes -- it looks so easy in the books but had both of us laughing with frustration. My Mum insisted we went to the fun fair after dinner - I was ready to go to bed but went along with it -- I had an absolute blast.... I learnt something about myself on Saturday night... I AM A SCREAMER!! LOL we went on all the scary rides and I loved it and hated it at the same time -- what an adrenalin rush!!

Zed and Eve, I can't wait to hear your news -- so much to catch up on.

Hi to all, Limers where are you, Oney I hope you are having fun in NY and Starts, we haven't heard from you in a while.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Hi Deebs and all ye other modders
    I meant to come back to modders after my ass kicking November but you know a strange thing happened to me. Although I was and am planning on modding again something seems to has changed in my mind. I just dont feel the need any more to either plan modding or even talk about modding. Basically I only have a few rules now - no wine ever (I even hate the smell of it now so that is good) and although I will consider a drink on special occasions I really can take it or leave it so I mostly leave it. I still religously take the supplements especially the L-glut and the L-tryptophan. Anyway sorry for not popping in sooner. Glad to see you are all doing well and have a great little supportive team going. Maybe it is just a matter of time under your belt - slowly but surely over time we change our habits so that being either AF or modding is just normal and its not a big fight anymore.
    BH

Comment

Well Deebs, we'd been busy Christmas shopping and hubby said, 'Would you like some vodka? A little present for you.' Well, I just didn't say a word and just watched as he got my fav voddy off the shelf. He bought himself 4 small beers for the evening. So of course I thought I only drank 4 glasses of vodka, but I somehow had more than 4 because more than half the bottle is gone (I finally plucked up the courage to look last night). I didn't even enjoy it, all the time I was drinking it, I wanted hubby's beer. It was like I felt this compulsion to poison myself. And I certainly felt I had Sunday morning. I'm annoyed because I started December so well, even had 2 days AF already. And I'd been saying how easy December would be for me as well... feel like a fool.

Hope everyone else had a successful weekend.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Oh no, just read my posts again... I'm so embarrassed and reading everyone else's supportive responses makes me want to cry.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...-16-28833.html

Oh and I drank my milk thistle tea this morning, wanted to do it yesterday but just the thought of it made me feel sick. Had ordinary tea instead.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Ahhhhh Vladster!!
          Sending you a huge hug. Now pull yourself up by the bra-straps, k!
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Have you read the thread? What the heck is 'toretate?' I don't even remember typing this stuff.

Comment

Oh no, the boss is wearing a pink jumper...

Comment

Hiya moddies,
                How are things?
                I havent checked in here lately I am sorry, was feeling a bit vulnerable and felt that I needed to not read about modding for a while. My stupid little brain was beginning to play tricks on me again,,,,

Anyway, better now.
                Vlad, how is the job? Is all OK there?
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Well I'm still here, we have a meeting this morning - remember the one that will apparently change our lives forever.

Comment

Vlad,
                    I am so sorry to learn that your hubby would buy you vodka like that. You drank it, but that was not a kind thing for him to do. Most of us cherish our hubbies in spite of their failings, but this would make me feel like the rug was being pulled out every time I started to climb the mountain.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hi all
                      hi Deebs, nice to see you. Thanks for starting out this thread. I love the Christmassy stuff, too. I am glad you had a good weekend. I was mad at myself for having four yucky beers in one evening. Yuck. I stayed inside and got stuff done I had to this weekend. It is freezing out and I HATE that.
                      hi BH, thanks for checking in, I am glad to hear things are going good. It is great news.
                      Vlad, I guess I agree with Sunbeam. I think he should know better. I don't know the situation, but it seems like he might not be comfortable with you changing. Maybe he can learn to be more supportive. I hope so.
                      Hi Starts, it is nice to see you here, are you going totally AF? There are some great threads, but you are very welcome here.
                      hi Sunbeam, how is everything?
                      I had not a great weekend, but a productive one. I want to change my thoughts. I woke up with a fearful thought about money, and I just go to fear so easily. Need to change that!
                      check back soon!
                      Lila

Comment

Thanks Lila.
                        Glad to hear you are sounding better too, you sound more positve today than yesterday. Yes, you are right about the thoughts, its thoughts that can either make or break my day!
                        Yes, I have been AF since July. There is no way I can mod, I have tried many times, but I do love coming here to say hi and keep up with all you lovely people. I can do that as long as I am feeling strong. Just recently I was feeling a little down and immediatley that voice was telling me that maybe I could mod. I cant I know I cant so I have to be really careful.
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Lila;489669 wrote: Vlad, I guess I agree with Sunbeam. I think he should know better. I don't know the situation, but it seems like he might not be comfortable with you changing. Maybe he can learn to be more supportive. I hope so.
                          No, I don't think it's that because he always seemed quite exasperated by my vodka drinking - one of the reasons that's helped me to hold back on it. It was weird. It all seemed to stem from me being handed a leaflet as I walked past an off licence. I was looking at the cheap prices of vodkas on the back page, I jokingly said, 'OK, I want that, that and that.' Think he just thought I wanted some, I haven't had any in a while and I deserved some - YES I DID WANT SOME, I ALWAYS WANT SOME but I know I can't because I screw up. Anyway, there's half a bottle left...

Comment

ok I won't be mad at him, then. I still don't think he should have done that...I hope you are feeling better today.

Comment

I think he feels sorry for me because I beat myself up about it. He always says, 'You're not THAT bad.'

Comment

Working...
                              X