Mon. - Dec. 8 - AF Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All: I'm making this a quick start. Yesterday, we were away for the day, & I couldn't get to the computer, so I'm going to read yesterday's daily thread now. I will check back here later. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Hi Mary and all to come!! Where is everyone this morning?? Just cause it's Monday is no excuse to sleep in, up and at em!

I love waking up on Monday morning sans a hangover, it just make the week start so smoothly. This morining I thought of another analogy to AL. It's like my ex husband (who I am on good terms with), we were married for 21yrs, had many good times, and some not so good. But I am over and done with him, and have no intention of returning to him, as I have re-married and moved on in my life. I apply the same to AL. I have MOVED ON! Yipee!!

Hope everyone has a safe, happy and productive Monday.

R2C
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
    :h

Comment

Good morning Mary, and Ready 2,

You are right Ready it is quiet here this morning, usually I have too many posts to answer, and so I get intimidated and just read LOL.

I agree with the waking up without a hangover. I SO don't miss that at ALL.
      LOL on the analogy that compares AL to your ex. I am not sure I have moved that far on yet, but I sure am trying!
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

I love that analogy Ready2...we can all say, "I've outgrown alcohol."

Back later...
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

Well, I'm pretty bummed out and a lot confused this morning. So WIP left MWO. What is the big secret? I know she was attacked recently and can only assume that behavior continued in Subs or PM's. I continue to debate with myself about joining subs. At this point I'm leaning towards not--it's hard not to think of it as another little "clique". Sorry if that offends anyone. Also starting to feel like I don't have a lot to offer here and need to take a little break my own self. Sorry for the downer mood this morning--maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

LVT: I wasn't aware that WIP dropped out of MWO. I didn't know about any attacks either. I have known people who have left MWO for reasons that occurred here on this site (not because they started drinking again or found another recovery program). Nothing like that has ever happened to me. I don't love every single thread or posting, but for me, the positives far, far outweigh the negatives. I'd be running to the liquor store right now instead of typing this response. One way I've evolved as a member of MWO is that I only read on this 30 day abs thread, the long-term abs thread, & the my story thread. I never read about modding, lest I think I can mod. I don't like to read threads or postings by people who are clearly under the influence. I sort of edit my reading. As far as PMing: I just got that started up about a month ago. I've received only a few PMs & all have been positive. I've gotten a few PMs about child issues, because I was a SPED teacher all my life. It makes me feel good to be able to offer some advice from my experience as a teacher.

Only you can make the decision of whether you want to leave MWO or not. I have other supports to my recovery as well as MWO, namely 12 step meetings (Alanon & AA) & reading recovery literature. However, I feel that staying connected to MWO is a MUST for me.

Good luck. Any other words of wisdom or sharings about folks dropping out would be greatly appreciated.

Mary
            October 3, 2012

Comment

I'm not in the subscriber's forum, so I can't make an intelligent comment about that. The 3 forums I mentioned in my previous post are enough for me. I don't want to be at MWO for hours & hours to the expense of living my life. Mary
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Just stopping by to say Hi...catching up with life since I've been sick with the flu lately but will check in. I am a little sad to see the hurt feelings that go on here at the site, but it went on when I was here a few years ago, and honestly, it goes on in another organization that I am involved in...and there are lessons to be learned on all levels. In the other organization I am involved in we hold a contex which helps us learn the lessons and it helps us to observe ourselves as we participate..it is, "everything, everything, everything that transpires (here) is about me and me in relationship"...so the best thing we can do if we find ourselves on one end or the other of hurt feelings, we can see how we choose and can take responsibility for the roles that we play, rather we choose to be the victim, the assaulter, the observer, the martyrer...and sometimes we have to play the role over and over and over again until it's so in our face that we can't deny that we are doing it, so it's a gift..it's all good. Who are we to judge.

I'll be back. Don't drink. Be well.
                Namaste.
                It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Namaste: Excellent insight...something to think about. Mary
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

some of the senoir members karl 1981 could use some of your pearls of wisdom today wouldnt hurt me other let him know we are there ya know!!!!!

Thanks cheech66

Comment

Cheech: Should we PM him? Mary
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Morning ab crew. This thread is getting so long; sometimes I don't have the time to get through the whole thing. I see that as a very good thing. I like the tone of it today....except wip is missing:upset:

Had out of town dear friends here yesterday, we had a great time. It's so nice when you can gather with old friends and reminisce. We did not drink; we just ate, laughed, shared stories and watched our children catch up. It was wonderful and I remember the whole day

Something that keeps registering to me as one of the most important components of my sobriety; the supplements. I felt so much better after roughly a month of taking them. The B family seems to be most important for me. It was difficult to remember to take them at first but not a problem anymore.

Wishing you all good health! For me that does not include al.

nat
                        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

not sure i know what pm is but he may be just getting some sleep know so just keep an eye out for him and me
                          thanks cheech66

Comment

OK. By the way, PM means personal message. You can PM people by clicking on the members list & finding them. If you follow the prompts, it's self-explanatory.
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

tks

Comment

Working...
                              X