Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For WIP

Dearest WIP,

If you are out there I just wanted to say I'm so sorry that you had a bad experience and so sorry that you left. You are a huge source of hope and wisdom to me and I've really appreciated all your input and advice.

I'm worried about you as I know things haven't been easy for you lately, so please know that I'm thinking about you and sending you my best wishes.

I hope you come back. F**k whoever attacked you. While there are some jerks on MWO, the majority of us aren't that way and I know I'm not the only one who will miss you!

:h:h:h
    Spotty Dingo

For WIP

I'm choosing moderation!

Dingo, thank you. I just ran across this post as I came on over here to post something. Might as well post it in your thread, I was going to put it in Monthly ABS anyhow!

Yup I am choosing moderation, but NOT as in drinking! After a lot of reflection, and after doing an entire cost-benefit analysis (CBA) about the pros and cons of continuing to actively engage in MWO, I have decided to stick around under a bit of a modified plan. I have read some other good and thoughtful posts today, from many of you... R2C, Mary, AA, Cindi, Hippie, and many other friends (can't name each of you, didn't keep a list!) here have posted some wonderful things about how to deal with some of the very distressing situations we sometimes have here. I am taking it all in.

I am feeling very cautious, very reluctant to open myself up to the experience of feeling hated, which is what was coming across to me, in a number of the recent mean-spirited posts that have been directed my way. I recognize that not everyone here will agree with me, or even like me, and of course that is OK. Being hated is a whole other level, however! Yet that is part of life, too. And on-line communities breed some terrible hostilities.

And yet I feel that I would be leaving some people I dearly care about behind, and letting some people down, if I decided to permanently leave.

So: for me, a new plan. A plan of moderate participation in MWO. I'll only post on a very few threads, I will use the "ignore" function extensively, and will rarely, if ever, welcome newbies. I hope that newbies who are interested in a life free from the devastation of alcohol will find their way to the strong, healthy, AF threads. I'll be there. There are excellent, thoughtful discussions there among people who are really engaged in the kind of recovery program that I intend to be permanently engaged in... a "recovery program" that is truly about living a healthy, meaningful life, always striving for wisdom, compassion, and clarity.

Thanks to so many friends who have contacted me.

There is much good that has been accomplished and still can be accomplished here, so let's do it!

Comment

For WIP

I am proud of you wippy, you are a lady with lots of guts. I admire you immensley.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

For WIP

Nice to hear from you WIP! Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Spotty, thanks for the thread!
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

For WIP

WIP, glad to see you my friend, and am also glad you plan on hanging around here.
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

For WIP

WIP:

I'm so glad you've decided to come back. I do find success limiting myself to the 30 day abs, long-term abs, & sometimes my story (I love to read Doggy Girl's story over & over). If newbies are serious about going AF, they'll find us. The important thing is for us to stay healthy, happy, & free, so that we can be role models. I love your tools thread which I read on a regular basis.

Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

For WIP

Thanks to spotty dingo for starting this thread.
              WIP--
              I, too, am glad you haven't disappeared. I think I will try moderation also. I am curious though as to why you (and Mary) won't be welcoming newbies?
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

For WIP

I am so glad you are back wip!!!!!

Comment

For WIP

Thanks, Lila, LV, Mary, AA, LTG, Starts, Oney! I love you back!

LV, I don't know about Mary, but I have found that welcoming new folks is one of the places in which my style grates on a lot of people here. And, it is terribly time-consuming. I really believe that one role that these new moderators should have is that welcoming function, so that there is a standard and effective welcome message to all first-arrivals, outlining the MWO program, philosophy, and how the website works. That's how it is done elsewhere... otherwise, welcomes are hit or miss, and the message is inconsistent. I just don't think it is an effective use of my time and emotional energy, any more. What are your thoughts about that?

Comment

For WIP

Hi WIP,

Just came across this thread now and just wanted to add my support - so glad you have decided to stay, even if only in moderation!

xx
                    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

For WIP

wip, im glad to see you posting here,I missed you...

Comment

For WIP

wip i am one person of many that hope you stik around as abnoxious as you are at times ,i think a few people here and including myself are n the same state of mind,in everthing we do , we do to much, including MWO,that is the benefit of sobriety,tht most find in the begiinning ,as you move along to years and more years,if one accomplishes that,in most things , we tend to forget on how much we did drink drug,,ive found in my xperiences so far over 37 years it is not the same with AL,wouldnt think of havin a smoke,wouldnt think of doin to much running,wouldnt think of even puttin on pair of skates and playing hockey,wouldnt think of coming here to much and offend anyone,but AL and drugs are different,on tht note wip dont leave cuz somone said somthing tht offended you and hurt you have a lot of wisdom gyco

Comment

For WIP

WIP

Just came accross this thread - and wanted to add my support and thank you for your support to me over the past 3 months, so glad you've decided to stop by occasionally and not leave MWO for good.

take care

sausage

Comment

For WIP

Welcome back WIP...My heart skipped a beat for a quick sec when I saw you were "moderating"...I thought we drove you back to the drink :-) I'm glad you decided to return, and occasionally is probably much healthier for you.

It felt strange not having you here. And I understand and agree with you completely about having a "standard" welcome for newbies. I have seen newbies in the past who felt completely ignored, because no one responded. So, again, a good arguement for a moderator. Perhaps we could call the something else, and members won't feel so threatened by them. I for one am excited to get this in place.

Again, so glad your back.

R2C
                            Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                            :h

Comment

For WIP

Welcome Back WIP. Good to have you:l
                              AF Since April 20, 2008
                              4 Years!!!
                              :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                              X