Leg Problems---Side Effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Saturday I overdid it on the walk doubling my usual mile. Thought I had shin splints and so haven't walked all week thinking that that should do it but my legs are only getting worse... I'm hobbling around and they're really sore! No blotchiness, not really tingling like the topamax sites are quoting for side effects, but achy like they're sprained. If they're not better by Monday I'll call the Dr. (A massage with a pedicure today did wonders for them. Hmm.... maybe it is just a topamax thing.)

Anyone had anything like this?

Gloria (Heartbroken at not getting her walk!)

I can't be sure, Gloria, but it doesn't sound like topa to me. It just sounds like you overdid it. Can someone else help you out with massages or use some of the muscle creams like Bengay (yeah, I know...). Definitely check with your doc if no improvement.

Hope you feel better soon!

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

leg pain

Any pain in your calf/calves when you flex your toes forward? Any warm area? Any swelling? If there is, don't massage! Go see a doctor ASAP! Gina

Comment

Thanks, Kathy and Gina.... I woke this morning with absolutely no pain in my legs. I'm still updosing so think it was the topamax after all. If it was in fact splints the massage should have driven me mad instead of feeling great. As there is no swelling, no blotchiness, no discoloration (and no blood pressure issues) I think I'm just fine. Thanks!

Now, where the hell did I leave my walking shoes!

Comment

Working...
        X