digestive problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digestive problems

I want to be a delicate as I can about this, but I really haven't used my large intestine since I started taking all this stuff six weeks ago. I'm at 75 mg. of topa, and I quit the allone. I wonder whether it would help to quit amino complete. I would apprecicate advice because I'm a teacher, and when school starts, this could be a problem. Currently, I need to be close to a bathroom before noon.

digestive problems

Been there myself I've cut out the magnesium every other day, added probiotics to my diet (Activia yogurt in my morning smoothie with the All One and a L. Reuteri tablet), eating one apple and 1 tablespoon of wheatbran a day if things aren't uhm, solidifying. So far, so good. Also, you might want to cut back on the Evening Primrose if gas is a problem.

Hope it helps!

Comment

digestive problems

Hummmmmmm....... I stopped all sups and am adding them back slowly to see what works for me. Sometimes I take a little pill that helps stop the "runs". We eat pretty healthy here so mornings are usually "potty" time anyway.

cv has some good advice and eating balanced meals could help. I have also tried fasting some.....nothing long and drawn out but cutting out solid food to give my insides time off! I like Boathouse carrot juice. It's less acid than oj.

Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

digestive problems

Digestive Disaster

I have had to quit taking all of the supplements. Unfortunately, I ordered another can of AllOne before I realized that this is one of the culprits. i only quit taking Zudku because I ran out of it and am waiting for a reshipment - I think that one will be okay.

For the last week, everything I eat goes right though me - and through me and through me. I'lve lost a pound or two, which is good, but this is not the way to do it. Yesterday, I had no supplements whatsoever for the first day, and it was still just as bad.

I am really disappointed. The AllOne made me feel great and all the other supplements really seemed to help my cravings. I tried eating a balanced diet, about 25 grams of fiber a day and Metamucil, which seemed to make it worse. I'm hoping that today is the end of my dliema. We leave for vacation tomorrow and I'd like to leave this little problem behind me.

Barb

Comment

digestive problems

Yipes! Barb, hope you're doing better and when you get back, you might want to track down a naturopath and get on a regime to rebuild your intestinal flora. It can be very simple non-intrusive stuff like laying off the milk products, taking some acidophilus, etc. Had to learn all this after taking antibiotics for various infections (Lyme, sinus and such) with horrific intestinal results. I've found that I can't tolerate any type of antibiotic and have literally had months of digestive problems after taking them (wonder if that's from years of yanking my system around with wine, hmmm.) I've been eating the Activa yogurt every morning and that's helping with the supplement side effects.

Good luck to you and have a restful vacation.

Gloria

Comment

digestive problems

not much better

Barb, Thanks for the email. You are the only one on the site that seems to be having the same experience that I am having. I mean everything goes through me. I've had days when I didn't make it to the bathroom. Sorry, I know that's gross, but that's how bad it has been at times. I quit all supplements. I am determined to continue topamax if I have to stop everything else altogether. I have a 15 hr. plane ride on Thursday! I'll try the yogurt, but Barb, I answered your email, and maybe we need to confer a little more. I know you are in Arizona and not in Dallas, but we may need to come up with our own formula. Maybe someone out there can help us out. I can see now that the purple thing is a rose. Sorry.

Comment

digestive problems

Not any better either

Well, an hour after breakfast, and I am still in the same spot. Thursday, I had appointments all day and decided not to eat. That helped - there was nothing in me to cause problems.

One of the suggestions I am making on the hypno tape is "I am easily satified with small amounts of food". Good thing!

I am not a wimp by any means, but this has really messed up my system. I hope that they will take back the unopened can of AllOne that I ordered.

Fsophia, we'll confer more later.

Barb

Comment

digestive problems

Barb and Sophie--Bonded over the Runs

I am sure that Barb and I have more in common than diarrhea, but about this we both have a sense of urgency, so to speak. Barb has resorted to starvation, and I am dosing up on immodium. Neither seems particularly healthy. I'm doing my second day today with no supps at all. We'll see how that goes. I guess we're really anomalies, since I don't see anyone else complaining about these intestinal emergencies that we seem to be experiencing.

Comment

digestive problems

Okay, You Asked For It!

Hi All!

My system has adjusted over time, so I haven't had too many complaints on an ongoing basis. I've just put up with my bouts of the runs. I don't know where you are all at with your drinking, but I will say that I have noticed that the more that I drink, the worse the impact has been on my GI tract . What has worked the best for me is fiber therapy, both morning and night. Just more pills to swallow!!

Anyway, hope this helps!
                  Hugs, Kathy
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

digestive problems

fiber therapy?

What do you mean by fiber therapy?

Comment

digestive problems

tummy

Had to chime in here.
                      I have started and stopped the supps a couple times now. I have played around with dosages, all the while trying to get the desire to drink down, get good health up, and keep from running to the bathroom urgently and unexpectedly. I swear I have seen the inside of every bathroom of every Target, grocery store, restauraunt in the state of Ohio now...it's frustrating. I even went to the doctor back in May and had to do a...umm...lab experiment and bring it in. The pain was so intense in my stomach that I was doubling over. We thought I had a parasite from travelling to Costa Rica. Labwork showed no parasite. I did an herbal parasite cleanse anyway, just to be safe (more bathroom trips), and went off the supps for that week. Drank like a fish, but I think I was bumming and frustrated as much as not having the supps in me to calm down the drinkin bug.
                      Went BACK on the supps, one at a time after that. Never did go back to the All One, but I think I will (I keep forgetting, but I know it wasn't that specifically, because it has been a couple months now, and I'm STILL having some issues). I take l-glut, GABA, Kudzu, and a multivitamin. Was on 100-125 mg of topa. Now I'm even weaning off the topa, because I wonder if it's THAT after all this dang time. That's the only thing I kept taking consistently this entire time. The others, I may have missed a dose here and there, but I actually have been pretty consistent with them too.
                      I do notice, for sure, that when I take the B50 capsule, I get horrible stomach cramping if I take it for more than a few days. So that's out the window (or maybe I'll take one every few days?? The herbalist told me the B vit is essential to help the liver throw off toxins).
                      So I'll get in your little study here! The tummy troubles have been seriously deterring my progress, because I keep having to stop what works for me for any little amount of time.

Here's what I'm hoping... that I broke the awful cycle I was in when I came here back in Feb. Things have been much better with the drinking in general. I still need to improve, but I think it's going to have to be will power, you guys for support, healthy habits, good choices, rather than the handfulls of pills. At first, I tolerated the on and off stomach stuff, but it's been going on for too long now.

I just took my l-glut, GABA, and a multivitamin. No topa. Will keep you posted.
                      Thanks for letting me chime in, and sorry I went on for so long!
                      Barb, don't get too hungry! Sophiah, hope you start feeling better before that trip.
                      Becca

Comment

digestive problems

I purchased on line the All In One formula made with Rice, as I am lactose intolerant. It has helped me with the runs.
                        Meow-Meow
                        MonaKitty

Comment

digestive problems

concerned

I am a newbie just ordered everything and have an appt w/ doc tomorrow to TRY to see if he will give topamax....i have had gastic bypass - roux y - so very invasive. the concerns i've heard tonight concern me...i am also a school teacher and do not have ready access to a rest room...major deal if i have to go poop during class...lol....wondering if i should start this or not???? any ideas???

Comment

digestive problems

Hi everyone. My first time here. Ordered the book online, supplements and CDs. I really enjoy the hypnotherapy. I'm on day 4, although today was a battle.

I have been reading all your concerns about digestive problems which I can relate to. I have been tolld about the Budwig diet (you can google this to find out more, as I don't have a link). Essentially this Dr Johanna Budwig in 1951 discovered that the combination of cottage cheese (yes!) and flaxseed oil reacted together to provide prositive health benefits for every cell in the body. This, of course, is my interpretation of reading related articles. Anyway, my brother-in-law who suffers from very chronic digestive problems, including diarrhea, was told to make a smoothie using cottage cheese and flaxseed oil. The recipe is: 2 tbsp cottage cheese, 40 mls flaxseed oil, 1 small banana, water (or low fat milk) and 1 tsp honey to taste. Blend it up and drink. Sounds disgusting (I thought so)! But try it, it tastes great. IT ALSO BINDS YOU UP!

The chap who gave my brother-on-law the recipe is 60 years old and says he feels better than when he was 40! His suggestion: drink this smoothie EVERY DAY FOR LIFE, FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. Powerful stuff. I've tried it, and it does seem to stop the runs.

Good luck. Hope you'll try it.

Rob

Comment

digestive problems

budwig diet

Well, I looked up the budwig diet, and I must say, it was interesting. It is supposed to be a cure for cancer. CV really needs to see this. What I am wondering is whether the rest of the diet is necessary for the morning smoothie to work. I'm ready to try it, since it looks like a panacea for anything in the world--arthritis, m.s., cancer, hearing, you name it. Anyway, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X