How we chose our names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How we chose our names

Seems that names I was coming up with were taken. I was looking for names similar to gotta quit...things like that. I was lurking and not joining or posting.

One night I had a dream in which my guardian angel said her name was Eve. Think there was an Eve taken as well so I chose the number 11 as I was born the 11th day of the month.

Thus my avatar is an angel.

My real first name is not Eve.
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

How we chose our names

eve is this in respose to my question on mod squad?
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

How we chose our names

Mine is pretty obvious really...just wanted to start my life over again....
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

How we chose our names

Mine is pretty obvious too. I wish I could have been more original. But that's me, just an Alaskan girl. Although I am from Vegas and not an eskimo...go figure? LOL
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

How we chose our names

I think mine is pretty obvious too...LOL!! With that being said, Eve11, I like how yours came about. Thanks for sharing :h
          :l
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

How we chose our names

Mine is/was, because I am....READY2CHANGE!!!
            Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
            :h

Comment

How we chose our names

R2C, is your avatar your pet...LOL!!
              :l
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

How we chose our names

Eve, what a lovely story! Mine, as I have said before, well I love the color Lilac, or Periwinkle, the light blue purple moody murky colors that look different depending on the time of day or where the sun is in the sky, becasue I am either very happy and inspired or in a mood and having self-doubts....anyways, Lilac was taken, so I went with Lila.
                Keep Walking, I like your name, it is like an affirmation...KW just doesn't have that same spirit!
                AKgirl, I always picture you in a white parka with a fur collar....
                R2C, LTG, SO, all your names are so positive!
                Lila

Comment

How we chose our names

I choose Evie because the most important person in my whole life was my Great Grandma Evelyn.They called her Evie.She was a very famous Medium who worked in the 1930's and 40's. When I was born in 1952 she was in semi retirement and always kept me by her side (or on her lap) while she did her private readings. She pasted into spirit during a surgery to remove a Herneia from her belly.The Dr's. said it was unnecessary but she had it removed because she couldn't hold me in her lap with it there.
                  Louise is my middle name so that's where the EvieLou comes from.
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

How we chose our names

Mine is my nickname at church.
                    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

How we chose our names

What lovely stories....
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

How we chose our names

I realize now my name is too long.. .but, I am indeed, waiting for his way out. Although lately, I am not sure If I am waiting for his or mine.

Comment

How we chose our names

I can't live up to the name Tiresias, but something about a "blind seer" appeals to me, and perhaps my long littany of struggles provides me with some "insight" on alcohol issues, or at least my alcohol issues. And, in some respects, I HAVE become quite the prophet, because if I drink, I know what will follow. The excuse that no one knows the future so maybe I can drink and be okay doesn't fly with me any longer. Because I'm a blind seer, you see?

At the time I chose the name I didn't remember all of Tiresias' story, which is quite interesting, so here is a nutshell for those curious about "him."

Tiresias, a blind prophet, appears in many Greek myths. Several tales account for his blindness. One tells that he was struck blind as a boy when he saw Athena bathing. Later Athena felt sorry for Tiresias but could not restore his sight. Instead, she gave him the gift of prophecy and the ability to understand the language of the birds.

In another myth, Tiresias came across two snakes mating. He killed the female snake and was transformed into a woman. Seven years later, he again saw two mating snakes; this time he killed the male snake and became a man. Because he had been both man and woman, Zeus and Hera asked him to settle an argument: Which of the sexes enjoys love more? When Tiresias replied that man gives more pleasure than he receives, Hera struck him blind. To make up for this deed, Zeus gave Tiresias the ability to foresee the future and allowed him to live an extraordinarily long life.

One of Tiresias 's gifts was that his spirit could still utter prophecies in the underworld. In the Odyssey, the hero Odysseus goes to the underworld to seek advice from Tiresias. In the story of Oedipus, Tiresias revealed that Oedipus had killed his father and married his own mother. In Antigone by Sophocles, Tiresias warns Creon against punishing Antigone for burying her brother. In yet another tale, Tiresias warned Pentheus, the king of Thebes, to pay tribute to the god Dionysus. Pentheus, however, refused to listen to Tiresias and was torn to pieces by a group of Dionysus's followers called the Maenads

And no, I don't know the real answer to which gender gets more pleasure out of love-making, so no need to ask. And, I've always been a man with no other inclinations.

Comment

How we chose our names

Yes Keep

keepwalking;492763 wrote: eve is this in respose to my question on mod squad?
                            Keep,
                            I'd like to say I'm really psychic but yes it is a new thread in response to your idea. Great
                            suggestion!!
                            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

How we chose our names

DeeBeeeeee is what my best friends little girl calls me. She is your typical curly red-haired terror and screams around my house shouting DeeeBeeee, pleeeease can I have a yogurt, DeeeeeBeeeee I want to watch cartoons, DeeeeBeeeee this yoghurt has got yellow on it, yuuukkkkk, I neeeeeed another one! LOL she keeps me on my toes but I love her to death.
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                              X