the 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 22nd

You'll never guess. The computers came in the mail yesterday. Both of them! So much for the lack of faith in my fellow man. Because of the new format, I've been going back this morning and reading the "my story" posts. Wow. Some of them are so powerful. And when you think that most of this stuff has just come about in the last six months, it sort of blows my mind! I guess that's the power of the internet. I'm also amazed at how many people we have in Australia. (I've become a big fan of Tawny.) Anyway, it enhances my enthusiasm for what is going on here and, even though my body seems to be in a rebellion against all the stuff I'm putting into it, I'm incredibly grateful for the ease I have experienced in the transition to moderate drinking. And that is the point, isn't it? And I'm so grateful to RJ for having the courage to simply blast through all of the red tape that is involved in medical research and go to market with what she had tested on herself. Last night I babysat my beautiful two-year-old grand-daughter, and she fell asleep watching Disney's "Fantasia." I realized halfway through "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" that she was humming along, and when the sorcerer came down the stairs at the end, we both threw our arms into the air with him. How could I ever want to be drunk for that?

the 22nd

What a great story, Sophia! That is too cute about your granddaughter.
    Hope everyone is doing well here this fine Saturday morning. Mary and Mary Anne, you two with your aches and pains, I truly hope you have a relaxing weekend and are able to recoup a bit.
    Tawny, thanks for the compliment on the cape! I thought that little dude was perfect for me...a kind of awkward person, donning this crazy cape, trying my darndest to conquer some evil! I wish I could make him smile though...I suppose that's a look of sheer determination. That's good too!

I RAN 10 MILES this morning!! No one was doing 9, so if I wanted to stay with a group, I had to do 10! Glad I didn't know about it last night, or else I would have been freaking! Made it in 1 hour, 48 minutes. YAY!!

OK, off to do some more cleaning. Take care, everyone!!
    Becca

Comment

the 22nd

WOW! go Becca Go!

Hey Becca, 10 miles! Yahoo! That's Awsome! and all in 1 hour! I ran for 10 hour straight at work yesterday & last night...(got to take a pee at about 4:30... ) fruitful, but GEEZ! I'm still tired! Needless to say, no time to drink! I did have a couple of well earned glasses of wine when I got home. Had to fight to stay awake for the second one... but I felt , I'd earned it by God, & I was gonna finish it!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! I wish I were still camping... but maybe I'll go back down this Monday....?

"It is tremendously exciting to let our minds fly towards "what if". What if I decided to learn to sail a boat,kayak, climb a mountain, become a gourmet chef? Slowly, if we don't give up, many of those what-if's become why-not's. Then we are on our way. Why not , when life is so short and we are such grand people? why not, indeed?
      Today I will face the not yet and ask, "Why not?"
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

the 22nd

Hi all,

Becca - that is awesome!! good for you! Best I am doing when I can fit it in, is 20 minute recumbant bike - 7 miles. Then ice my knee. I was trying for twice a day but depends on how much my knee swells whether I can go back for the evening's ride. (Watched Landis, take back the Tour de France, the other morning while biking myself. It's OK to live vicariously heh?!)

Judie, Sorry you had to work so much last night! I know you miss the camping and kayaking - I dont blame you one bit! Living in the Virgin Islands for 15 years, I have to say, I miss sailing, free diving, wind surfing etc. Well, my son made it in yesterday afternoon, sans his luggage . . . we tracked it to London still as his flight from Barcelona the day before left late. Since he and his brother left for the VI this morning the bag is being sent down there. Good thing it was all through American Airlines. His bag is about a day and half behind him. Since they are going back down to visit their dad, he can do laundry and it won't be so bad, once his backpack makes it! yes, both sons have the adventure bug in them, this one though, speaks a couple languages really well and just loves different cultures and new adventures. It's in his blood. I loved his stories he had for me!

Sophia, that is such a touching story with your grandaughter. I want one of those . . .can't hardly wait! both sons going for their PhD's I am going to be patiently waiting for quite some time. Means I have to take care of myself to be around for the little ones!

Mary Anne, good going on figuring out the new system and staying AF for some of this! Hope you are feeling better today.

Gina, PMS is just another one of those things that makes women stronger huh? It is a tough time to not drink!

RED, glad to see you back. That is the cool thing about this site. You can come and go and get the help you need, when you need it. Offer back help to others when you are available.

Drank one glass of white wine last night about 8:30. Shoulder not the best but I told her, I am having trouble doing physical therapy and then not being able to hardly move it for 2-3 days. she said we are going after it too vigorously then, we went a little lighter on the exercises- so today it is OK, not as bad as the day after has been.

Saw my parents last night and my mom, could recognize me and had some pink in her cheeks. God that made me feel great!!

Thanks so much ladies for all your support. Have an excellent weekend!

Hugs and Love,
        Mary

Comment

the 22nd

Hi all,

You are all few days a head of me on the new site. Pretty neat, I think I picked an Avatar, guess I will find out when I post this.

Started out to be a bad, bad crappy day. Really feeling picked on, this is the worst mood I have had since I started up the program again 3 weeks ago. If you remember, my in-laws are in town, my youngest boy is sick, I have a little bit of the crud myself and my husband is out playing golf with his father AGAIN! Last night while cooking dinner I really wanted to hit the wine bottle hard, but I didn't. I kept it to 2 glasses and went to bed early. It is very hot here and my mom in law can't get in and out of our boat well, so instead of swimming, we are all couped up in the house. I thought about going to see Monster House, but reviews says too scary for the 6 year old, so I got them some Play Stations games and I've locked my self in the guest room, writing this. I know you have all been here, I really need to kill some time and stay away from the wine bottle for a couple of more hours. I am going to go do a hypo cd when I get done here and try to start over, I don't want to spend the rest of the day feeling like this.

On to other things.
          Sophia, I really feel for you, you words and thoughts come through with such heart. I have boys so I don't get to watch the good Disney much, you know, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, etc, but I have got my youngest to watch musicals with me, he really loves the Wizard of OZ.

Becca, I hear you about the PMS, isn't it supposed to get easier with age? I know it has only gotten worse for me. Great job on the 10 miles, I'm still walking, but I am going to start putting in some short jogs.

Jude, I never did see the answer, did you do the kayakcamping trip alone? I would like to do a trip alone, not sure if I'm brave enough yet, I need to work up to it.

I'm sure I'm missing people, but great job everyone who an AF day or 2 last week. I only managed 2, but the rest were very light.

Deana, Gina and Red. This is my first month on the Mod Board, but I plan on staying. Welcome or Welcome back!

Laura
          Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

the 22nd

hey everyone!!

BUSY DAY!!

Went to see Priates of the Carribean.....spent 2 hours at the gym.....hope I can walk tomorrow (or move any of my upper body!)

Laura, welcome, haven't read anything from you yet, if I have, don't remember(sorry!)

Becca....good job on the 10 miles!! Go girl!!! I am proud of you!! I ended up not AF last night, but didn' t totally blow it.....

Mary,- glad to hear about your mom smiling, had to make you feel good, face glowing and all......my shoulder may feel better w/ a little working out w/ it...hope so...the trainer saiys it should(??) we will see.......

Judie.....Sorry you had a rough night, but you will hopefully have an exciting Monday to look forward to!!

Sophia.....glad you got the computers back, kinda restores your faith in human nature, right!?

Bye everyone,

For now,

Mary Anne:h :l

Comment

the 22nd

Hi Guys
              Hi Guys,

I don't post very often, but I sure read you each day!!

Nice stories, nice friendships - this is a good place to be.

Tawny

Comment

the 22nd

Hey Laura, Nope didnt go camping or kayaking alone... my faithful doggie was with me the whole time:h :l , ...Judie

He looks soo cute in his life jacket!
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                X