Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Sunday, 14th December

Hi everyone

I'll type this dead fast ( I used to work as a medical secretary in my preclinical years, when I was a student so can touch type at 60-70 words per minute actually) so no-one cross posts, which is what always happens when I try to start off this daily thread - not sure how to "mark my spot"?!?

Just to say, I feel really positive this morning - did my first exercise in 2 weeks (as i've been unable to do so recently due to some viral thing affecting my respiratory tract / conjuncitivits) - I swam hard for 30 mins (about 40 lengths of a 25m pool) at 7.30am today . It feels great to be back exercising, have missed it. Don't really feel like my fitness has deteriorated in 2 weeks which is good.

I'm in for a busy day, hoping to get our decorations up today - my 3 and 4 year old insist will have to go now as i'm supposed to be supervising my 4 yr old write all her own Christmas cards for her class at school and she's only just learning to write so this is very time consuming -- something I couldn't have faced up to with a hangover, or the 30 min 7.30 am swim for that matter either!!

Have a good day everyone, will check back later

Sausage xx

Hi Sausage! To "mark" your spot just lift you hind leg..... NO!! WAIT!! Not THAT kind of marking!!! Twice this week I cross posted (hopefully not creating TOO much confusion..) and did NOT mark the spot so learned my leasson. Just start the new thread and give it the title. I think you HAVE to put something the the body of the text - just hello or whatever, then save it. Then go back and edit. That way if another person comes along while you are editing, the original post is there and the next person can reply to it even though you might still be typing.

Mean time, you sound terrific and happy to be unhung for the day! I bet it felt great to get back in the pool and get your fair share of endorphin power lined up for a busy one. How cool that your kids are learning to make cards too. Are they making fancy ones like you make? That sounds like a fun day.

WIP, I'm glad you at least got your Mom visit out of the way fairly early yesterday so it wasn't looming over you all weekend. I am so sorry it ended up being one of "those" visits. You are such a wonderful daughter and trooper. I know this has to hurt deeply, regardless of your mom's health circumstances. I think of you when I get all whiney about far, far less hurtful family things. You show us all how to rise above it, even when it's really bad (deeply hurtful).

Cinders being stuck in a hotel room out of town on a weekend with nothing but a vending machine for food sounds like hell to me too. Hope you are doing OK.

I too am thinking about Mary. The dinner party was Friday night right? Mary, please come check in.

I hope that anyone else who had a rough day yesterday is doing better today!

I haven't had much "deep" thinking to share the last couple of days, and really don't today either. I'm feeling good and rather "zen" about the remainder of the holiday season which is a good thing for the first AF one! A week from today is the get together (that wasn't supposed to happen) with my husband's siblings and families. We don't have much in common with them so these are not really times we look forward to. It definitely feels like "holiday obligation" and not much more. They are not bad people, we just have vastly different life styles. So I'm mentally preparing myself and also figuring out what I will make to bring and all that stuff. I'm thinking that peanut butter cup cheesecake (sugar free of course) sounds like a good antidote.

Mean time, the 1/2 cow and 1/2 pig and chickens are butchered and cured and ready to go. So I will be making the drive tomorrow out to the country to pick it all up. I hope I have enough freezer space!! There is something comforting about the notion of full freezers with things the way things are in the economy right now.

Today will be another laid back day which I can use after last week's business. After my face to face meeting I'm going to get myself organized for tomorrow's activities, then bake something - either SF pumpkin bread or SF rasberry muffins (or both!), then kick back and read. It will be a good day!

I hope you all have a good one too. Like Sausage, I am grateful to be facing the day unhung.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

sause you should be proud of yurself,pressure is what usually brings us down,you will be fine,keep yur head up and shine you deserve it gyco

Comment

Good morning all - hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing Sunday!

Sausage - I'm envious of your swimming abilities but know what you mean about a good workout making you feel so much better.

DG, I am with you today as not a whole lot of deep thinking going on over here today either but wanted to pop in and say hello.
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Morning! Cold and gray outside but warm & cheery inside! I got a tree yesterday at a place closing up shop to make way for their fireworks for 1/2 price and they drove it to my house when I pointed out my little convertable. I hacked on it to get it to fit the tree stand and hauled it into the house and got it all straight and decorated and feel really proud of myself. So I'll start off by reading the paper with my tea in that room by the fireplace. I have to say though, it was my first time decorating a tree sober. I can't imagine how that would have turned out had I been drinking. I'm thinking certain injury to myself and the tree. Busy day ahead after the paper and tea. But I shall so enjoy it being happy and sober. Even things I don't really want to do are easier and not so bad afer all.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Sausage! Glad you're back in the water! That was a long bout of uncomfortable stuff...

Today feels considerably better than yesterday... just my usual low-grade Christmas-time sadness. I'll get in a workout on the treadmill in a little while, have a nice breakfast, and get on with the day. Still sorting out the boxes of stuff I brought over here from Mother's house, I need to get it all organized and packed nicely, and out of the middle of my guest room!

I hope everyone has a good Sunday... DG wish I could try one of your raspberry muffins... I love raspberry muffins...

Comment

WIP, I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. My mother's service was on my birthday and after it everyone left, including my siblings. I was responsible for clearing her apartment. It took me a month as I was drinking heavily and it was a paralyzing task to me. Just take your time and honor the memories attached to the belongings. :l
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Morning,

It is a big smile morning. I got through my all nighter and survived. I fell asleep around 11:00 last night and slept until just a few minutes ago. Yay!!

Now I have a very laid back day in the hotel room. Getting administrivia for work done, etc.

I miss my family, though.

I hope my tree is surviving my cats and dogs but granddaughter told me it still looked beautiful when she talked to me last night.

Not much to add. Just glad to be amongst friends, today. It will be a bit lonely in Omaha by myself. I might roust myself and see if I can find a meeting today.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi again

My kids have decorated their own small tree - i'm doing the bigger one later - Just realised also it's the first time I've decorated a tree sober in years !!!!! (apart from one year when I was pregnant, and I remeber feeling really nauseus doing it). Wrapping presents off and on today and we are off to a Christingle service with the kids in our local church later. Feeling very festive! - will check back in later

Comment

Good morning everyone!! A quick check in for me before the Sunday school Christmas program! I want to say congratulations to Greenie on 6 months today!!!:goodjob: I'm so glad you got a tree! That should liven up your home and smell good too!

DG--I spent 4 hours baking last night. I made SF caramel cheese cake, sf and BF shortbread cookies and angel food calke. And I didn't burn a thing! I have to confess however in my case SF= SUGARFULL and BF= BUTTERFULL! :H

Had a hard time sleeping last night--too much caffeine? Have a great day all. Stay warm!
                    (5 below here with wind!) :h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Just say this in the comics (right on my reading level) and thought I would share:

"Mark Twain once said if you eat a frog first thing in the morning your day will be wonderful!"

"In other words, he is saying to get your worst task out of the way first thing, and then everything else will seem good in comparison."

Sage words from the Pickles strip, as I was just thinking of all the stuff I need to get done today. So, I'm off to get started!
                      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Hello again AFers!

Hello to AA and Gyco and all yet to come!

Greenie - the thought of a tree and fireplace and tea and newspaper has me wishing we got a tree! (just for a moment though....)

WIP I'm glad you are feeling better today. Getting out and busy really is a good antidote for "low grade' holiday blues isn't it? Hope the chocolate and other stuff with the movie was good tonic last night. If you were closer I would invite you over for one of my sugar free creations - for better or worse!

Cinders, a hotel room just sounds horrid this time of year. I admire your good spirits! Dogs and trees and yet another reason we opted for no tree this year!

LVT - LOL on "BF" I'll do "BF" all day long!!! I am recently addicted to Kerrygold butter from Ireland. I've been meaning to mention that your community project to help educate teens about the dangers of alcohol sounds very interesting and rewarding. I promised myself that I would "get" to do some sort of community activism on this topic once I'm sober for a year. It was one of your posts that got me completely realizing that I'm over 1/2 way to that 1 year goal!!!! I hope you will keep posting about your experiences.

Sausage - I bet your kids love having "their" tree to decorate! You sound terrific since making your decision to not drink instead of hope to not drink. :goodjob:

OK - off to get ready for my SMART meeting.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I feel so much better, stronger and more positive, since I've been able to exercise again - didn't realise how much I missed it until I couldn't exercise these - last couple of weeks. Exercise is definitely a very important part of my recovery - more than I realised.

I still find the idea of decorating a Christmas tree sober both scary and amusing at the same time - will see how I get on tonight!!!

Comment

Everyone: I'm coming here quickly. I got hit w/a horrendous cold & fever (bronchitis?). I'll be back when I feel better. Mary

Doggie: How was your Chamber affair? Was everyone just knocked out at your transformation? I wasn't able to read the threads so I don't know. Love, M
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Happy Sunday ABeroooos!

Mary, so sorry your ill today...you know what to do...vitamins, hot soup, rest.

thanks for the nice start Sausage. because you type so fast I had to read it twice.

DoggyGirl your post made me so hungry! and I haven't eaten yet.

after a good beating at my jiu jitsu class yesterday I came home and watched the season finale of 'ultimate fighter' while sipping on various N/A treats. I'm sure the neighbors realize that I'm insane bouncing around the living room yelling advice to the fighters on tv. In the past watching the fights was my excuse for binge drinking which was so dumb...I'd immediately forget the fights and so would have to tape them for review later. d-oh!

well, Dx is baking cookies today and I guess I'll tidy up round the house.

be well everyone
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X