Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 15th Dec

Hey Hey, where is everyone??

I have been a bit frustrated today trying to logg onto MWO and my darn 'puter kept freezing so I gave up until I got home.

So how was everyone's weekend? huh, huh??

Mine was just bliss. Went to the folks on Saturday and managed to finally finish decorating the Xmas cake. The folks bought one of those enourmous blow up pools so there was much argueing about where, how and why it should be put in a certain place -- i won the argument lol. What a mission tho, we had to dig and dig to level the ground, so by the time we finally finished we were more than ready for a swim.

Right I am off to catch up on last weeks thread.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

10 more sleeps till Christmas......
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi DeeBee, and Happy Monday, Modders...

We had to do the same thing for one of those blow up pools this summer...What a pain. We drove around searching for fil at building sites and shoveled it into the back of our mini-van to bring home and spread. I'd like just one day of your weather right now though...It is freezing here.

Time to start the day. Be well everyone. It's day two of the pact. Sara
      "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Ducky, I made your fabulous german cookies and they are yummy!! I have rolled and frozen half the batch to bake nearer Xmas but the rest will get dished out on Wednesday (I hope they are still fresh then).

Sara, memory loss is scary if you've only had 2 glasses of wine. I am no fundi but have you considered speaking to your GP about it (is your GP involved in your moderation plan?) The other thing I did think of is are you taking any suppliments for memory? Omega 3-6-9 oil I have found to work a treat for me -- I can even remember what I had for breakfast now -- might sound like a joke but it's not far off from the truth.
        BTW I think the feeling of "feeling alone" has a lot to do with us not being happy in our own skins. I know that I personally used to rely on hubby, friends, anyone really to keep me so busy I never had to spend time with ME. I didn't like who I was and therefore didn't want to spend anytime alone at all. One2many has got a great thread going called "Do you love yourself" or something along those lines.

Sara, I just read the post where you commited to not drinking alone -- I am so damn proud of you!!!

Jamms, I'm pleased you are feeling a bit better -- huggs to you!

Vladster, sounds like hubby's Xmas do was fun? You did a great job of being mindfull of what your goals are. I feel there is a huge difference when we overstep the mark without a care and when we do it almost un-willingly. It shows strenght and new habits are forming when we are mindful of what our actions are.

Eve, we are very fortunate to have wonderful hubby's that do care for us. There are so many here who's partners do not support them on their road to recovery and I really feel for them as it must make the journey so much more difficult or near impossible at times.

Peri, thank you for your sweet words. You hold a special place in my heart!

Kid, what a powerful story!!
        I love the way you have rounded up the squad to all join in on a AF pact! For me I am AF during the week but this week will be the exception to the rule as today is my hubby's Xmas party and tomorrow is a public holiday for us so I will have 2 glasses of vino... otherwise count me in for the rest of the week.

Sun, I loved your description of "not drinking by the calender"!! Yes, I too must stop thinking that just because it is weekend and I have allowed myself 2 glasses that I don't HAVE TO have them. As always your insight get's me thinking.

Ask, what a great post!! So much of it resonated with me (especially argueing with one self!) Your comment about making goals that are have real meaning to us is especially true. We are all different and therefore have different goals -- but as long as they MEAN somthing to us they will work.
        Wow, you'll be celebrating a year of MWO soon!!!
        Thank you for sharing with us -- and reminding us to ALWAYS be vigilant of our goals.

Vera, I know that this time of the year for you is crazy but you always make time to pop in and cheer us along. I love looking for your avatar -- you are a rock on this thread!!

Zed, "moderation is about moderation" My life motto little brother. If I can achieve a moderate lifestyle in all that I do I will consider myself sucessfull!! Yip, this thread is amazing isin't it... pull up a chair, get a cuppa decaf and catch up on some reading.

Comment

hi DeeBee! I am here! Cookies sound yummy. Glad you had a good weekend. This week is looking good for me, and I am going to get the house all clean for the holiday.
          Sara, it is freezing here too!
          I am going to make some coffee and maybe stop back!
          Lila

Comment

I cross my heart...

....I cross my heart and hope to die/Stick a needle in my eye.."
            Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness. Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.
            Mod Pacts in Progress

KW and Periwinkle: Monday and Tuesday
            Ask:Sunday and Monday
            Sara
            : Sunday,Monday, Tuesday
            Sunbeam and Jamms
            : AF until Friday 12/19!!!
            DeeBee
            : Wednesday,Thursday,Friday (right?)
            St.John:
            M-F

How are you doing???????

ANYONE ELSE??
            It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
            ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

X!!!!

Comment

Morning all,

Talk about freezing! It's -11* here (that's -23* C for those of you who don't live here). And the wind is blowing. And I have an outside appointment this morning! I am so not looking forward to this. :no: So DeeBee I will think of you today and you think of me today, deal?

I scared myself a little yesterday. I had 2 glasses of wine during the football game, which I had decided ahead of time I would allow myself. After the game (we lost miserably by the way), hubby had other things to do and was in another part of the house. I was mulling about doing my stuff and found myself really wanting another glass of wine. I mean really wanting another. I was able to shake off the craving by drinking water then a cup of Tension Tamer tea and making myself busy with other things. But I haven't had that kind of craving since I started the program. So I will be evaluating things as far as my program, specific events of the day, and commit to some AF days. I do get really emotional during the Bronco games and I am toying with the idea of AF games. I did it during my 30 days AF and it wasn?t so bad! Feedback from all of you is welcome.

DeeBee I caught part of a show yesterday about our brains and the speaker was talking about fish oils. I had been pumping them into my BPD son when he was younger. I have read really good stuff about it. I heard a long time ago that you shouldn?t have milk or milk products when you have fish because it interferes with the positive effects. I?ve never researched that. I think I might check that out.

Lila, KW, Sun, Vera: Hey everyone! Keep up the good work!

Zed, it was good to hear from you. Sorry to hear that you haven?t been meeting the goals you have set for yourself. Hope to hear from you before your visit home.

Hi Kid, I just saw your post with the updated ?I cross my heart?? pact. :heart: OK, so put me down for AF Monday and Tuesday.

I?ll try to catch up more later if I?m not frozen to a light post somewhere out there.

periwinkle
                Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

me, too, Peri, it is almost as cold where I am and I have to venture out. Brrr!

Comment

O.K., Kid- I'm in...M-F of this week. Will plan a couple of wines on Sat. night, but AF the rest of the week.
                    Hi to all my buds- Peri I am freezing here in the SW and its only 45f here! Not used to it! Stay warm, my friend.

DeeBee how fun to set-up a pool and swim together with the family. We spend lots of time swimming here in our summer. Its a survival technique when its 110+ day in and out.

Had a good weekend went to a fabulous party Sat. night and managed to keep it at 3 wines over the entire evening.

I am really grounded by the drink tracker and like someone said last week will even measure out 5 oz. to keep me from sneaking up the portion alotment. Once you get that visual down then you can gauge it out at parties, etc.

O.K. here is my question of the week............... Once an alcoholic always an alcoholic?

Now that i am successfully moderating and not doing the daily drink fest, do I still come from the identity that I AM an alcoholic (recovering) or I WAS an alcoholic?
                    I feel like I am a new person and that the old drunk me is dead- or is it just taking a break and can rise up to attack at anytime? I know we must always be vigilant but do I still consider myself an alcoholic?
                    Thanks for any input.
                    Great day to all my friends-
                    Your St. J
                    Toughen up!

Comment

Kid-Put me in until 12/19. Thanks!

Peri- I love the Tension Tamer, it's one of my favorites! Did you see the Baltimore Ravens game yesterday!!! OMG!!! I cna't believe the let that count as a TD! the ball never crossed the line!! You did a great job, not haveing a third glass. Kudos to you my friend! Can you send some of that will power my way! If you feel your cravings getting stronger re-evaluation is a good idea! :goodjob: (I think that would be the good advice that you would give to me) :l xoxo Stay warm

Sara- I don't remember anything...ever...anymore...I read MWO last night, the side effects that RJ talks about from Topa is me...everyday....I already have them. I am always replacing words with incorrect ones. I never remember where the hell I was driving to....what's going to happen when I start the Topa...I might just self combust!

S.J.- I have family that were alcoholics when I was a kid, and have not drank AL in 36 years. But they don't drink because they are alcoholics. So I guess yes, once, always.

DeeBee- Thanks, I do feel alot better, I'm starting the program (for real) after the new year...I ordered my supps and cd's this morning. However, I'm a little jealous about you pool. It's 30 degrees here.

Zed- I know you have a lot of catching up to do, it's been quiet! Hope to hear something soon. I'm glad your getting your head together.

hugs to everyone else, :l
                      :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

I Cross My Heart...

....I cross my heart and hope to die/Stick a needle in my eye.."
                        Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness. Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.
                        Mod Pacts in Progress

KW and Periwinkle: Monday and Tuesday
                        Ask:Sunday and Monday
                        Sara
                        : Sunday,Monday, Tuesday
                        Sunbeam,Lila and Jamms
                        : AF until Friday 12/19!!!
                        DeeBee
                        : Wednesday,Thursday,Friday (right?)
                        St.John:
                        M-F

How are you doing???????

ANYONE ELSE??
                        It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hi everyone,
                          I'd forgotten that line about stick a needle in my eye. Ouch!! But I'm not drinking before Friday, so I don't have to do that.

St. John, thanks for a good question. I love posts that stimulate my thinking, and give me a better understanding about my relationship with alcohol. So here's my take: we have permanantly changed out body's ability to deal with alcohol through excessive drinking. We will always be prone to drink more than those who have not engaged in alcohol abuse. So in that sense we will always be alcoholic. But we can change, replace old bad habits with new and better habits.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

It was too cold to go to the liquor store - so I didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Count me in. Cross my heart and hope to die! Until Friday, just like Sunbeam!
                            Lila

Comment

well done lila! i am just in bed with my hot choc with day one under my belt! have drunk lots of water to-day so feeling angelic!! Jamms i am going to do programme absolutely strictly in new year like evie so will join you. Have a horrid meeting tomorrow at work so have booked a pamper treatment tomorrow evening to stop me caving in when i get home!!! Kid, remind me are you having any AF days this week? SJ i dont see myself as an alcoholic??? am i in denial? i dont get drunk and do know when to stop, its just later than most normal people! (lol) will think about what you said though and perhaps be clearer about my response in 2009 when i attempt to do the prog properly!

Are you all drinking lots of water it does wonders for your energy levels!!!! keep posting folks i love to see how you are all doing, its my new hobby when i hit the sack! switch my cute notebook on and catch up, right boes now, night night xx
                              Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Working...
                              X