Surprse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprse

Hiya All,Like i said it was day 51 yesterday and proberly the hardest for me upto now.I have got no idea why, things have been going really well latley.
    Thinking about it its proberly an accumilation of a lot of small things,but it surprised me, i thought i was past the worst. Very nearly went to the off licence, i had a bit of a conflict going on in my head like i was arguing with myself,reasons why i should and reasons why i should'nt.
    Then it got to 10 pm when our shop shut and i was fine....
    It was our wedding anniversary yesterday (reason to celebrate with drink) and a lot of my wifes family came upto to visit her parents and they all went out to the pub,While we were stuck at home because i could,nt go...just not ready to go to a pub yet and not drink.felt really sorry for my wife being stuck in with me while i was in a sh*t mood.
    I feel a lot better this morning and am sooo glad i did'nt drink last night, just got to find a way to make it upto my wife bigtime for spoiling our anniversary...
    Any good ideas would be welcome.....
    Speak to you all soon.....Think im gonna like it here
    LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
    IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Surprse

Well Done

Good for you mister... you should be well chuffed with yourself, you did good!
    Why dont you use all those pennies youve saved by not drinking and all the extra energy you must have and treat your lady to a lovely night in or out either cook her a nice meal or take her to a gorgeous reataurant, run her a big bubble bath with candles all round it first, give her a relaxing soothing massage and tell her how much you love her for supporting you. Just let her know how special she is to you.

Lou x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Surprse

Good for you, Wayne!

What a great anniversary gift, though--a sober (if disgruntled) YOU!! That said, I agree with Lou: take the money you saved and do something special for her...

I don't know why some days are so much harder than others-I do think, though, that we expect (hope!) that life will be perfect once we quit drinking....and, of course, it's not! After all, we started--and continued--drinking for a REASON! Only to find that alcohol only made everything a lot WORSE... Now we have to learn to properly deal with the challenges thrown our way rather than drink ourselves into a stupor and pretend everything's okay...

And I can't applaud you enough for knowing that it's not the time for you to be going into a pub and trying not to drink while being surrounded by cheerfully guzzling chums! It takes guts to take this so seriously that you will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to hang onto your new life....even give up a night at the pub! All I have to do when I'm tempted to dive into the wine cask again is remember how truly hopeless I will feel afterwards....I just cannot go back to THAT again--ever!

Keep checking in with us--and maybe you would also like to share this with the folks on the daily "monthly abstinence" threads--lots more support there and more frequent posts (and not everyone gets round to checking every board)....
      :h
      susan
      "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Surprse

Wayne
        I think it's phenomenal that you refrained from going to the pub - and your wife must be a wonderful understanding lady to support you.
        You MUST treat her - but my treats that I can suggest still only revolve around alcohol at the moment !!! So I'm not much of a help !!
        It would be great if you could post some messages on the monthly abs threads, because on day 51 ( or is it 52 now? ) you are a great inspiration to us 'baby steps' absters. :l
        You have already given me loads of supportive comments and that makes me even more determined to do it this time. FULL STOP !!

Lookforward to hearing from you on there. And I think you are a really strong person and I know that you can carry this on.
        Love to you and loads of hugs
        Bambs
        xxx :h
        P.S Your Devil makes me go dizzy - maybe it's all the coke i've drank again today. Said I'd drink water - n'er mind !!!
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Working...
        X