Thinking of USING the gym membership!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys and gals! Just decided to join you all here....I've decided to actually start USING the gym membership that I purchased in August! lol
    Yes, I bought the membership to this fantabulous gym with all sorts of extras that my kido loves....and we've been twice!
    Enough is enough...My belly is not getting smaller, and I'm so not going to cancel that membership after only 2 visits!
    So....the plan is this--3 days a week I'll be getting my bod to the gym.
    Do check in and call me out!

This will require support for sure....accountability is much needed!
    Thanks!
    Chacha

I know what you mean......This was me walking the dog before, but now......Join us on Dec. Exercise. IAD. Ha!
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nice! I never thought about the car driving dog walking! lol

Comment

I have to be in .. just waiting for my gym referral and I'm there ....
        ?We are one another's angels?
        Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Hitting the gym on a regular basis is a bit like giving up AL. It requires a commitment from you to you.

18 months ago I joined the gym and made it a part of my routine. I went about 3 times a week for the first 6 months. 1 year ago I increased that to 5 times per week. I lost loads of weight, gained muscle and look so much better. Willpower is not my best feature, hence the AL problem, so I do classes, where I know that I will complete the hour and not duck off early because I am tired.

Comment

Hi,
            If I am to be regular at the gym, I have to be totally regular or I make excuses and weazle out of it. Since quitting heavy drinking and taking up moderation (I had one glass of wine tonight - very pleased with myself), I am going to the gym everyday and tracking my food through weight watchers online - not really a meetings type of person. I've so far made every day for 3 weeks, even one where I had a foul hangover for a slip up binge a week ago.
            I'm losing weight slowly and steadily, and feeling AMAAAZING!

Comment

I belong to two gyms, one at work, I have a Reebok Step, free weights, bands, a stationary bike and many tapes. Apparently, you have to use them to see any progress.

I am compensating for my lack of exercise by overeating, though!

Comment

ezzmae;504977 wrote: I do classes, where I know that I will complete the hour and not duck off early because I am tired.
                WORKS FOR ME!!!!! where NOTHING else has :goodjob:
                Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                - George Jackson

Comment

Joined a gym for the first time in my life a couple of weeks ago. So far doing great, making it about 4 times a week. Trying to really make changes in my life no that I;m not drinking. I did lose a lot of weight when I stopped all the empty calories from the booze. Now I hope to tone up and maybe lose some more.

Love the positives of the AL free time.

Winefree

Comment

Winefree;684637 wrote: Joined a gym for the first time in my life a couple of weeks ago. So far doing great, making it about 4 times a week. Trying to really make changes in my life no that I;m not drinking. I did lose a lot of weight when I stopped all the empty calories from the booze. Now I hope to tone up and maybe lose some more.

Love the positives of the AL free time.

Winefree

That is an awesome accomplishment Winefree!!!! I think the gym classes are soooo much more fun than drinking :l
                    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                    - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                    X