Doodlebug's Easy Roast Salmon and Veg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a half sheet pan (a large cookie sheet with low sides) put your salmon filets or better yet, a whole side of wild sockeye salmon. Give that fish a nice pat and tell it "hi cutie, you are gonna taste sooo good we are gonna eat you up!"
    Cut up a bunch of fresh dill, the more the merrier! Rub the dill over and under that salmon, along with salt and pepper or lemon pepper. I use this great organic lemon pepper, it's called "Simply Organic" Lemon Pepper, you can get it from the Frontier Natural Products website if you don't have a natural food store.
    Pour some organic Olive Oil (my favorite mid price oil is Paul Newman's Organic Olive Oil) on that salmon and rub it in! Just rub the dill and seasonings all over that salmon until it is nice and cozy and thinking you are its best friend.
    Now, decide what veg you feel like that night, or make a mix. I use organic broccolini or broccoli, cauliflower, sliced fresh mushrooms, onions (Vidalia when they are in season, yum) carrots, sliced tomatoes or whole cherry tomatoes, eggplant, etc.
    Brush or toss the veg with olive oil and lemon pepper (or just olive oil and salt) and put the veg on the pan all around the salmon, so the fish won't feel lonely.
    Now, when that oven is 500, stick the pan with the fish in there and turn the timer on 10 minutes. Take it out at 10 and not a minute longer, it's all ready to eat! 10 minutes will give you a perfectly cooked fish and al dente roast vegetables with a hint of brown. Let it rest for a few minutes before you cut it.
    :sun::heart::h:heart:

"My Happiness is Not Dependent on a Poisonous Chemical Depressant."

Thanks for sharing :h
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Missdoodlebug you are a true foodie! simple and robust flavours....love it.

and this line cracks me up:

Just rub the dill and seasonings all over that salmon until it is nice and cozy and thinking you are its best friend.

hahahahahahaha
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Why thanks LTG and 'Terminator!

I take it by that garlic avatar you do some cooking too! : )

Love,

Doodlebug
        :sun::heart::h:heart:

"My Happiness is Not Dependent on a Poisonous Chemical Depressant."

Comment

Working...
        X