Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kind of a weird post for the Mods Corner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I posted this well thought out, bit about my evening and feelings about it....and ZAP! It went away. Take 2...let's see if it can compare to the last one that I just lost.
    I'm learning to mod, currently by decreasing the amount that I drink. I strive for more AF days than not, and am doing pretty well with that. I do however still have my occational wild night out or "grown up night" as I sometimes call them.
    I went out of town with some friends to celebrate a birthday. There were toasts, a great dinner, walking, talking, drinking, dancing, singing, and a bedtime of about 3 a.m. I had a wonderful time, no embarassment, shamful texting, things to appologize for today, or physical harm...a friendly fun fabulous free of children night out with friends. I drank more than I should have, but also drank a ton of water, spaced it out over 9 hours, watched over my friends, and woke up hangover free.
    These types of evenings used to be the norm, and now they are the exception. I have more and more nights AF, but still have my wild nights--with my awareness.
    I am having a quiet evening with my hot tea tonight, and plans to workout tomorrow after work vs. partake in the vino.
    I'm not perfect, but it's progress for me!

What's missing here,kids??

Sounds great ChaCha! If the "norm" was so fabulous,
    why would you want to cut back??
    I'd want to do it MORE!!:H
    BTW; have you tried the "DrinkTracker"?? It's a great way to keep track of your progress.
    Chacha;504865 wrote: ...There were toasts, a great dinner, walking, talking, drinking, dancing, singing, and a bedtime of about 3 a.m. I had a wonderful time, no embarassment, shamful texting, things to appologize for today, or physical harm...a friendly fun fabulous free of children night out with friends. I drank more than I should have, but also drank a ton of water, spaced it out over 9 hours, watched over my friends, and woke up hangover free.
    These types of evenings used to be the norm,
    and now they are the exception...
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

It sounds like you are finding your own way out. There are many paths to moderation. All progress is good. Over time you will figure out if this is where you want to be, or perhaps go along a different path.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Ha! Thanks Kid! Yup, good times for sure....but this type of evening is also how I lost several friendships, ended up with broken bones, and said and did things that weren't up to par! Progress in deed.

Comment

Hi Chacha,

I think the biggest thing is that you feel progress. You know what a hangover is. You weren't there this time with your friends. You were well aware of your drinking versus "what the hey - I'll drink 'til I don't remember". I think any time we've got our actions in the concious part of our thinkiing, we're well ahead of the game. Congratulations on your progress.

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
          X