Mod Squad Weekly Thread for December 29th, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There, let's begin again! I'll bring the PACT list forward...
    ~Kid~
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

I Cross My Heart...P.A.C.T

* "Cross my heart,and hope to die;Stick a needle in my eye.."
    * Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
    (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)
    Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

>>Eve11 and Kid: AF Friday 12/26(check)
    >>St John, Kid: Friday(check) and Saturday(check)
    Ask,Sara,St J: Monday,Tuesday

Eve: promises just 3 drinks New Years Eve,2 drinks other times

Use this form or start a new thread

for any pacts you want to start.

ANYONE ELSE??

ModSquad:

Vera-b,Lila,Sunbeam,Kid,Jamms,Ask for Help,
    St John,KeepWalking, DeeBee,Sara,Periwinkle,Eve,
    LookingToGrow,Vlad,Trixietrack,StartingOver,
    Zed,One2many,(Cyclefan,Zeppie,Gyco,WIP, and Tawnyfrog visit)
    ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

This morning's post's on yesterday's thread...

This Morning's posts on last weeks thread!!
      :HAnd on a "creative thread" by KW called "week of December 20th!!
      :H
      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Thanks, Kid, for not being too proud to fix a small error (that would make some people nuts)!:H
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Want me to fix THAT one too??

HeeHee...
          Sunbeam;505434 wrote: Thanks, Kid, for not being too proud to fix a samll error (that would make some people nuts)!:H
          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hey Squad,
            5:26 and I'm sipping herbal tea. My Kudzu came in the mail today, which was good timing, since whether or not it works chemically, it helps psychologically for sure...(and maybe it works chemically, I'm not sure). Anyway, I am definitely commited to the pact, for tonight and tomorrow night.

It's been a busy day of playing with kids. After our friends canceled our New Year's Eve plans, I gave myself the day off from housework and decided to put a lot of time into building a Star Wars Lego set with my littlest guy, doing mock "Olympics" with the middle son, and playing Rummy 500 with the eldest. Just the ticket for today, and I am less depressed. Tonight we have big plans to watch "Toy Story" - one of my favorites. So, I have a feeling of being "on the mend". No cravings so far tonight, and I think we'll have an early dinner to head off any thoughts of soothing the soul with wine. Best wishes to all. Later. Sara
            "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

I LOVE "Toy Story"!!!

~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Kid,
                You got me! I tell people that you can't avoid mistakes in life, you just have to be good at fixing them!
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hi Modders
                  Hey Sara - was it the MTT federation something - with all the droids?? I helped a little - could have helped more...
                  These days are fleeting....

Lila

Comment

Hi Modders...
                    Lila...I'm drawing a blank...MTT federation?

It feels so good to have had an evening without alcohol. Lovely time with the kids, and now their dad's putting them to bed, and I have a moment to say hello. It wasn't hard not to drink tonight, even when my husband made himself a Manhattan at 5:00. I felt so lousy about exceeding my limits of late, I really didn't want to touch the stuff tonight. :yay:

Looking forward to hearing from the other modders soon, as we all settle in post-holidays. Take care everyone.
                    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

HI all:
                      Checking in after the holidays. Was glad to go back to work today and have a bit more structure. Back on my eating routine and enjoying my 2nd AF day of 3. Planned to go to a spin class tonight but worked late instead, and that felt productive in its own way. Just need to work some exercise into the mix again to get back on track.

This was my first modding Christmas and I really just took the week "off". Not worrying or counting. Just keeping things 'in control". I got weary of both eating and drinking, although I didn't majorly overdo either . . . just a little too much each day adds up and I want to get back to feeling more fit and healthy.

Looking forward to thinking through goals for 2009. . . they will be less alcohol and weight focused since that was my work for 2008. . . time to think "bigger thoughts" about what to do with the "new me". Will be in touch.

Best to all.

Ask

Comment

Cross my heart....P.A.C.T.

* "Cross my heart,and hope to die;Stick a needle in my eye.."
                        * Phrase uttered by children after making a promise to indicate the depth of their sincerity: the speaker is so committed to the action just agreed to that they offer self-inflicted pain and a death wish as proof of their seriousness.
                        (Must be accompanied by a gesture of drawing a imaginary "X" across the speaker's own heart, or else it doesn't count.)
                        Mod Pacts INVITATIONS:

>>Eve11 and Kid: AF Friday 12/26(check)
                        >>St John, Kid: Friday(check) and Saturday(check)
                        Ask,Sara,St J: Monday(check),Tuesday(check)

Eve: promises just 3 drinks New Years Eve,2 drinks other times

Use this form or start a new thread

for any pacts you want to start.

ANYONE ELSE??

ModSquad:

Vera-b,Lila,Sunbeam,Kid,Jamms,Ask for Help,
                        St John,KeepWalking, DeeBee,Sara,Periwinkle,Eve,
                        LookingToGrow,Vlad,Trixietrack,StartingOver,
                        Zed,One2many,(Cyclefan,Zeppie,Gyco,WIP, and Tawnyfrog visit)
                        ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Thanks for correcting my mistake Kid!!! Got the date wrong re a typo like I keep saying I hate my small keyboard but will get better in 2009!! saraS enjoy toy story you sound on top note well done. To everyone else have a very happy new year. I am going to London to-day to leave my son back at uni so wont be back with you until Friday. Have a great modding time and DONT losse control, no hangovers for us modders - by order.!!! Going for a long walk round regents park and primrose hill on New Years day and then like ASK am so ready to get back into some exercise and feel fit and healthy again1 Love to all x
                          Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

hi all
                            Sara - the Star Wars Lego set. Good for you on last night! I am too looking forward for the other Modders to show up....I don't have much to say today...am a little down, honestly...
                            Lila

Comment

Helloooooo everyone!!!
                              Happy Happy!!
                              I hope everyone had a great Xmas and you are all looking forward to a moderate New Years Eve -- what's everyone doing for New Years?

Well, I have been at the in-laws farm for Xmas and spent the days wondering the veld with the sheep, bonding with my MIL and getting whipped at scrabble by my FIL. As much as I love my in-laws dearly I am super chuffed to be back home in my own bed..... not for long tho, we are heading down to the coast to spend New Years with friends and family.

As far as moderation goes, i was definetly NOT sucessful in eating moderately over Xmas (uurgghh) I still feel bloated!! But I am pleased to say that my drinking has been moderate and I have managed many AF days in between.

Today is my darling daughers 14th birthday so we are going out for dinner tonight and I'll have a glass with dinner.

So how is everyone??? I've missed you guys and gals:-)
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                              X