Auricular Acupuncture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auricular Acupuncture

Well, I've had two accupuncture sessions lately with the auricular thrown in. The practioner, Linda, is great, and wants to address many other things as well. Very interesting but she initially thought I would have too much heat and just go...then, when she did the body work, she told me that I'm running on empty and really need to get a balance in my physical and spirit...hmmm...working on it. The physical is so easy, but I used to be so creative/spiritual and I just don't go there any more...I guess that I should...If you can find a good acupuncurist by you, you should try it, especially if your insurance is progressive enough to pay for part of some visits!:l

Auricular Acupuncture

Way to go, cv! It's good stuff. :-)

RJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Auricular Acupuncture

I think my doc wants to use me as a guinea pig for this! He wanted more info on the Auricular Acupuncture when I first went in there explaining the program to him. He wanted to know specifically pin placement. CV, do you know where your doc got the info? Is it listed here somewhere?
      If you two, RJ and CV, could let me know, I'll print it up for him and give it a shot. What the hell. Can't hurt! He's a D.O. and has his acupuncture certification.
      Thanks!
      Bec

Comment

Auricular Acupuncture

just noticed my little guy doesn't have any ears...
        HA ha ha ha!!
        RJ, he's going to be a completely different person from when he first got here!!

Comment

Auricular Acupuncture

Acupuncture

Becca, there are a couple of good articles in our research area--it's linked at the very top of the page. Once you go there, look under Exercise, Hypnotherapy & Lifestyle. Or do a "control-F" (Windows) or "clover-F" (Mac) and enter "acupuncture"; you'll find 'em in the mix. In fact, I posted something about this just before we moved to the new board (unfortunately the original stuff from EZBoard is not searchable here, rats.) I can't find it now and I have a number of articles in the research queue. It may have been this excellent one, I'm losing track. Cool that your doc wants to do this, DO's are often more progressive. For others who are considering auricular acupuncture, look for a holistic clinic in your community and/or someone who is knowledgeable in Eastern medicine in general and acupuncture specifically. They'll know all about the "heat" CV referred to above.

Ears huh, Becca? Well, Photoshop *is* cheaper--and less painful--than plastic surgery. Must be true what they say about once you get started...ha. :-)

RJ
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Auricular Acupuncture

Hey, I can send a diagram with the placement, but in the U.S. a group called NADA does training and certification, so that may be best. Let me know if you want me to send you the link to the diagrams...:l

Comment

Auricular Acupuncture

Hi thanks for this info. I have the opportunity to receive auricular acc free of charge from our drug and alcohol abust team. didn' t fancy it thought as it is done in a group ( can't have it all ways!) but I might give it a try now.

Comment

Auricular Acupuncture

Good for you Sophia! I think you should!

Here's a link to an excellent overview with a graphic of the ear and points!

http://www.yinyanghouse.com/auricular.html

Comment

Auricular Acupuncture

Acupuncture

Well, here I go and leave for a few weeks, come back and everything's GONE-well, "I" just have to find it all?! Just different... Hi CV and RJ. I saw this post and couldn't help myself. That's how I found this site to begin with - I was initially looking for acupuncture and ended here with hyponosis. Great info, I'm so glad I stumbled across this and you both posted this. I quit smoking with acupuncture, so I'm going to check out this info. By the way, CV, all the info on the supps really helped me, I'm on a roll with that. Thanks so much to you and RJ! :l

Now, how to send....hmmm...ohh

Comment

Auricular Acupuncture

Hi All,

I'd love to know the results for people who have tried acupuncture. It's such a mystery, isn't it?

Keep us posted, cv!

Thanks,

Ivy

Comment

Auricular Acupuncture

It's going okay...I just never seem to be able to shut my brain down and you really have to just quiet yourself during the treatment, but my therapist is also working on other issues like the kidney/liver/blood...etc. Still need to plug into my really advanced meditation tapes....

BTW, Here is an excellent in-depth article on the auricular therapy.
                      http://www.noraa.org/articles/acupun...ulotherapy.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X